Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let it be known

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

The character "Yummy Yummy Yummy" has been perma banned this morning by ccp.

I got a extremely vague email this morning lacking any ccp names but claiming my account was under investigation for "exploiting" and then 2 minutes later I got a following email saying I am PERMA BANNED.

I have played eve since 2004 and I am now guessing I am done.

Its a damn shame.

Comments

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    So what did you do?

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    I'll error one the side of CCP, thanks for ruining the gaming experience since 2004. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Romulan78Romulan78 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    So what did they allege that Yummy Yummy Yummy do? Glad they are proactive in removing "issues", and I am sure if you are innocent you would fight it right?
  • SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Are you sure it wasn't some spam email?  Furthermore, they don't perma-ban easily.  So if that is true well... yeah.
  • MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    We'll I'm guessing they wouldn't ban you for no reason so...
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

You might want to consider filing a ticket.

Unless you know better.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    The name "Yummy Yummy Yummy" should be reason enough for a perma ban.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    We all know that the Goons control Eve so you scamming one was enough for them to call for your banning.  Sad really, I enjoyed your scamming of that guy.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

You must have really done something bad....... they let people get away with just about anything.

Botting would be my guess, they really don't like them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Why are you posting it here?  Are you claiming that you did nothing wrong?  Or this a good bye Eve post?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77

I got busted for buying isk...I got a negative wallet...put my hands up and admitted it to them and apologised and due to the way the game mechanics work it is very difficult to get out of negative wallet as you cannot sell anything due to sales tax and such so a negative wallet blocks sales- I asked them nicely if they could help me after and they removed some items I had on that account to balance my negative wallet!

CCP are not unreasonable and if they where kind enough to help me restore my wallet even after I got busted and never perma banned me....then whatever you did must of been really really bad!

I take my hat off to CCP...they didn't need to help me out but they did!

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Ianb4all

I got busted for buying isk...I got a negative wallet...put my hands up and admitted it to them and apologised and due to the way the game mechanics work it is very difficult to get out of negative wallet as you cannot sell anything due to sales tax and such so a negative wallet blocks sales- I asked them nicely if they could help me after and they removed some items I had on that account to balance my negative wallet!

CCP are not unreasonable and if they where kind enough to help me restore my wallet even after I got busted and never perma banned me....then whatever you did must of been really really bad!

I take my hat off to CCP...they didn't need to help me out but they did!

Are you still playing? How did they find out?

Keep on rockin'!image

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I bought ISK once from a website 5 years ago. CCP quickly found out I'd done this and came down on me like a ton of bricks. They took all the ISK back - so I actually had negative ISK on my main character because I had bought stuff with it.

They said that if I got caught doing it again, I'd be banned!

If I were you, I'd wait until Elite: Dangerous comes out and get into that - I reckon it will end up being better than Eve anyway.

Originally posted by dave6660
    Why are you posting it here?  Are you claiming that you did nothing wrong?  Or this a good bye Eve post?

He's been playing Eve with the same character since release - shut up and give the man some respect.

I've suddenly realised what the problem could be. I reckon somebody could have hacked your account and used it to sell ISK.

Did you notice any ISK missing?

Otherwise, you could write a letter of apology to the CEO and say how much playing the game means to you. If I were you, I'd use a fountain pen, write it by hand, and send it recorded delivery air mail. It's got to have a good impact. Get someone to proofread it first before you send it.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    I'm not siding with anyone on this, but don't bother coming to a public forum to complain about these things. I had one of my characters banned from APB:Reloaded for seriously no reason, complained in the forums and everyone, EVERYONE was saying they were glad it happened because there had to be a reason. So, just don't bother complaining on a forum.