Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if Eve Had 3rd person ground combat?

gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136

I recently bought elder scrolls online and to tell the truth i was suprisingly disapointed i may play it again if it goes free to play.

After i tried all the mmos the past 5 years i've come to the conclusion that EVE is the best mmorpg ever created.

Now if eve had 3rd person ground combat it could have become the supreme mmorpg of all ages.

Seriously the character graphics are outstanding and the immersion they provide is marvelous.

Wish i could have a pilot on a planet  doing ground missions with the same comlexity there is in the game.

 

Comments

  • CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Obvious CCP-employee trying to re-ignite the Ambulation project from the ground up ^^

    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

    Missions in EVE are anything but complex... EVE relies on the interaction between players to make it interesting, either the market or null politics or the meta game.

    But CCP had an opportunity to make a ground based game and decided to make dust514, which is just a another multiplayer shooter or a poor mans halo.

  • gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Arakazi

    Missions in EVE are anything but complex... EVE relies on the interaction between players to make it interesting, either the market or null politics or the meta game.

    But CCP had an opportunity to make a ground based game and decided to make dust514, which is just a another multiplayer shooter or a poor mans halo.

    Dust was not good i agree.

    What i would like to see is a 3rd person shooter like in startrek online or something but not as a seperate game.

  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by gonewild
    Originally posted by Arakazi

    Missions in EVE are anything but complex... EVE relies on the interaction between players to make it interesting, either the market or null politics or the meta game.

    But CCP had an opportunity to make a ground based game and decided to make dust514, which is just a another multiplayer shooter or a poor mans halo.

    Dust was not good i agree.

    What i would like to see is a 3rd person shooter like in startrek online or something but not as a seperate game.

    There is planetside 2.

  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Take your mining out of space and mine on planets.
  • uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Well CCP canceled WOD and stopped developing DUST, so they have more funds and people available to EVE again. They still have the technology available, one can dream :)
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,623
    Originally posted by gonewild

    I recently bought elder scrolls online and to tell the truth i was suprisingly disapointed i may play it again if it goes free to play.

    After i tried all the mmos the past 5 years i've come to the conclusion that EVE is the best mmorpg ever created.

    Now if eve had 3rd person ground combat it could have become the supreme mmorpg of all ages.

    Seriously the character graphics are outstanding and the immersion they provide is marvelous.

    Wish i could have a pilot on a planet  doing ground missions with the same comlexity there is in the game.

     

    I wouldn't play Eve if you paid me and that is not a joke...

    image

  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

    I have always dreamed of what EVE would be like if it intergrated the opportunity to go down the planets and play your character. I don't mean solely FPS style, but more exploration, resource gathering, building bases etc. Obviously it would have to involve full-loot open PVP so corps could find and protect resources, but the environment itself could also be harsh and dangerous depending on the planet.

     

    I know the die-hard EVE fans don't want this and that's understandable. But I like MMOs that are virtual spaces in which your character can truly live and EVE, to me, offers that to some extent, but this would be whole package.

     

    Yes I liked ambulation and was sorry it got stalled, although I think it was the right decision for the players.

  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by gonewild

    I recently bought elder scrolls online and to tell the truth i was suprisingly disapointed i may play it again if it goes free to play.

    After i tried all the mmos the past 5 years i've come to the conclusion that EVE is the best mmorpg ever created.

    Now if eve had 3rd person ground combat it could have become the supreme mmorpg of all ages.

    Seriously the character graphics are outstanding and the immersion they provide is marvelous.

    Wish i could have a pilot on a planet  doing ground missions with the same comlexity there is in the game.

     

    I wouldn't play Eve if you paid me and that is not a joke...

    Thanks for keeping us up to date on your preferences. I appreciate that the burden on your time of going through each game forum here and advising people of which MMOs you do or not anticipate playing must be considerable.

    Give me liberty or give me lasers

  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    if ccp add it ,with all Eve gameplay concept  (but it have to never happen,I think) ,I am done with  all another mmo games
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    FanFestXI is May 1-3

    Give me liberty or give me lasers

  • ethanlallaethanlalla Member UncommonPosts: 105

    http://www.faceofmankind.com

    This is literally 3rd person ground combat eve online (including time multipliers for training skills)

    Playing or interested in playing SWTOR? Use my referral link here and we will both get rewards! Including a week of game time for you, if you are a preferred status player! Click here for more info!
  • KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by ethanlalla

    http://www.faceofmankind.com

    This is literally 3rd person ground combat eve online (including time multipliers for training skills)

    Pretty interesting, thanks for sharing!

    Keep on rockin'!image

Sign In or Register to comment.