Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just started back up...14 months off

strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
I really like the new ui stuff and damn if i didnt get suicide ganked(Jita) twice today. Sure am glad I resubbed todayimage

Originally posted by laokoko
"if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Im in a mining mood, so im looking for a guild that supports my new found hobby!image

"if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Check out the new corp finder:

http://www.eveonline.com/retribution/corporation-search-tools/

Thanks Lok, are you still playing EvE?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Yeap! :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    I really like the new ui stuff and damn if i didnt get suicide ganked(Jita) twice today. Sure am glad I resubbed todayimage

You know, I've been playing Eve off and on -- granted, mostly off -- since 2009 and I've only ever been shot at once. That includes a ton of mining time (I'm mining in a Retriever as I write this, my Hobgoblins currently ridding the universe of yet another spawn of rats ), traveling through lowsec multiple times (granted, I do mean traveling, as in a cheap and fast ship, route with no recent activity, and no smelling the roses since I'm just taking a shortcut), and all the rest.

The only ships I've ever lost have been while mission running, not even that very frequently, and the only time I did get shot at I didn't even know what was happening until it was all long since over.

Early on -- may have even been the day I started, I don't recall for sure -- I undocked in my shiny new Rifter, or whatever lowbie ship I was flying, I hear some noises and before I can determine what's going on my ship starts targeting another ship. I panic, try to get it to stop since I didn't know what was going on and was afraid targeting someone would get me in trouble, and before I can figure out how to do that the station (at least I thought at the time it was the station, may have been a nearby Concord ship or something, dunno) blows the other ship to kingdom come.

Took me a while to figure out how to uncheck the auto-target-in-response thing and to guess that the other ship must have shot at me, thus the noises I heard, and, since there were probably rules against blowing newbies up as they exited newbie station, or whatever, they got a few hundred rounds of Concord insta-gib down the ol' unshielded reactor port.

I guess I've just been lucky so far with the whole not having been ganked thing.

Avoiding Jita like the plague (never been there), probably has helped some, too.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    Im in a mining mood, so im looking for a guild that supports my new found hobby!image

Same here!

Keep on rockin'!image