Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandwith limiter

korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Hey guys,

I was downloading a game today but the client ate up all my 16 Mbit download speed, and since the client doesn't have the option to limit it's bandwith use I was unable to do other things internet related and had to shut it down for now.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows a simple, straightforward and light software which enables me to control how much bandwith a program is allowed to use?

I tried googling and found 1 interesting program but it's really old and when I try to install it on win 8 I get errors.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
-------------------------------

Comments

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I have a crappy low bandwidth DSL connection myself, do a lot of media downloading now that I've got rid of my satellite TV, and was having this problem too. Unfortunately I couldn't find a free program to do bandwidth limiting (although there might be one out there somewhere?), and decided to go ahead and buy NetLimiter. That said, this program works extremely well.

Note that you only need the cheaper $20 "Lite" version to do simple bandwidth limiting.

www.netlimiter.com I don't know why this link won't work. Maybe mmorpg.com has some sort of a no commercial link policy now. You'll have to just copy and paste it.