Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who's just cancelled their subscription...?

1235»

Comments

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Oh good, they've run off to the next game of the month.

Is it safe to turn zone chat back on yet?

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Windamere

Also did not wait the full 30 days - cancelled weeks ago - Not an MMO I feel will last very long until F2P anyway...

.No player housing -

No player retention ( nothing to keep you coming back again and again )

Crafting is outrageously long compared to leveling...

requires to find books to learn!!!  - at least you don't pay to learn a skill lol (Bad mistake to use crafting as an exploration tool or selling tool)

Very limited space in both bags and bank for the numerous items needed for crafting, enchanting, alchemy....Etc....oh to get more space buy it (seriously bad move)

Mounts about worthless - can't fight while mounted, speed only slightly faster than walking, using wayshrines so much faster when moving across map..

Not an MMO worth Subbing......Sorry I ever wasted the money for the pre-order!!

same, but i always cancel my sub with any game i buy a month of game time as soon as i buy it.

No player housing is lame. The game should have launched at lest with a housing feature at least similar to Hearthfire form Skyrim. Crafting also needs to give leveling experience, not just crafting exp. I prefer to craft my own bags but i think (im sure of it) they did inventory management the way it is so they can sell expanded inventory on cash shop after it goes F2P. That sucks balls because the game is not yet F2P so there is still time to add bag crafting and keep it that way.

Im totally OK with the books system but they failed there by not allowing us to collect all the books like Skyrim did so i can sit one day with a cup of coffee and start reading them without playing, jsut reading. You can only record the ones with exp on the codex.... thats lame.

Mounts are just a cash grab. Its ok if everyone had to pay x amount for it, but straight selling mounts with imperial to bypass the gold price and then sell one in the cash shop for those who dont own imperial thats just a slap in the face.

Yupp, at its current state its not an mmo worth subbing. We will see how it goes next year. Yupp ill give it one more year to bring me back.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Problem
    Originally posted by kikosforever

My game community the first 15-20 days had  90-100 ppl playing and 65-75 every night doing group pvp. All of them were in Ventrilo during the events.

After the 3rd week they stopped doing events and now there are 10-15 ppl max playing and 4-5 of them are entering Ventrilo. I dont know how many of them quit or bored or cancelled the sub, but in less than a month there was a huge decline.

I dont know whats happening in other communities or guilds. I m speaking only about mine.

Yes people are kinda bored of PvP, not to mention the Campaign population is unbalanced so until they fix something about PvP, there won't be much activity in Cyrodiil

I feel like the PvP still has decent potential, they just failed to anticipate how bad the population imbalance would be.  Also would be nice to see if they can actually balance classes, I would like to trade in my nb for a sorce but can't imagine trying to re-level through the VR content...

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    canceled mine two weeks ago. i dont like playing a game that is only fun after a certain level..i play a game to have fun not to have fun later,which is everyone saying get to this level and you'll see..
  • quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by the420kid

no one should really care who has or hasnt subscribed

Actually, not true for a multiplayer game.  Unlike single player games, much of the enjoyment of an MMO hinges on the game gaining and keeping a reasonable population so that when you feel like doing a group activity (dungeon, raid, whatever), there are actually enough other people online for you to be able to do so.

People like to complain about long queue times in their games, and then gripe on the forums that it shouldn't matter how many people quit a game.  It actually does matter.  If the attrition rate is as high as it LOOKS like it might be, this early in the game's life cycle, Zenimax needs to do some serious rethinking of how they're progressing if they don't want to become another Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, or Vanguard.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by quixadhal

no one should really care who has or hasnt subscribed

Actually, not true for a multiplayer game.  Unlike single player games, much of the enjoyment of an MMO hinges on the game gaining and keeping a reasonable population so that when you feel like doing a group activity (dungeon, raid, whatever), there are actually enough other people online for you to be able to do so.

People like to complain about long queue times in their games, and then gripe on the forums that it shouldn't matter how many people quit a game.  It actually does matter.  If the attrition rate is as high as it LOOKS like it might be, this early in the game's life cycle, Zenimax needs to do some serious rethinking of how they're progressing if they don't want to become another Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, or Vanguard.

Eh, ESO would be lucky to be another Age of Conan or Warhammer, IMO.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

no one should really care who has or hasnt subscribed you need to do what you think is fun.  Personaly I have unsubed but I am very hardcore and was at v10 which I imagine a lot of less hardcore players havent reached yet.  I am sure a lot of players need another month to get to end game but unfortunetly I have unsubed its a fun game but its more of a clear it out and move on type of game for me no real thrills just some good times grinding.

Darkfall has spoiled me for other games its really hard to play other games after experienceing true skilled combat and full loot pvp other games dont give me the rush so I end up playing for a month and then re subbing to darkfall as I am right now till wildstar who knows what will happen then :P

Actually you are very wrong. Everyone should care, gamers, designers, investors, politicians, hell even law enforcement. 

I have been saying since the early 90's this industry needs oversight and regulation, stricter consumer protection laws, and even at times a digital police force. 

The industry as it sits has the least protections for consumers and investors of any industry out there. 

Online gaming is mecca for theft, corruption, embezzlement, and money laundering.

Every time a game fails that should succeed, or succeeds that should fail.

Every time they tell us a game cost 200 million that clearly only cost them 10 million.

Every time they report $500 million profit when they only sold a million copies.

For every lie, for every deception, for every manipulation, everyone should care.

There needs to be transparency by law covering this industry in a blanket of regulation.

If this would happen we would return to quality video games made by gamers for gamers. 

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

The games ok....... But no ok enough to hit my permeant mmo list . 

Canceled ....  It did better then wildstar though that lasted a whole 2 hours on my rig before it was uninstalled..

Ironically I still play eve, lotro, gw2 ,bf4, ds2.

Unfortunately Elderscrolls didn't meet the grade.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118

Canceled before the end of the first month as well, made it to 36 and did all dungeon / open dungeon on the roard.

Some good idea, gameplay is fine to me but the game is very bland and repetitive, its as well too solo centric save from 3 dungeons every 10 levels.

Main and zone quests are still entertaining and well made for an mmo but way too long and without any originality for a solo rpg. 

The game was on to something but failed to deliver to me and in this end after a while its boring and not fun

I still don't regret buying it i had a good month but its not what an mmo should be to me and not worth a month sub

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Did not purchase in first place because of that for me impossible enforced WASD ... but yesterday friend's son told me he and his group of 9 other friends purchased as group all their own copies to play TESO together since day 1. Even before free time was over 8 of them sold underprice of course their copies to others so they could get at least some money back, 1 still playing and liking, second one still unsure. Unprecedent event would say that confirm for me all I have read at Tom's hardvare. But this does not make me happy, I'm sure all games have some fans and I'm never happy for any failure. And this failure by any means it is would say.
  • shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107

Lasted until a few days before the first month, and then I had quest burn out and realised this was not fun. The game just appears to be a glossy representation of what an MMORPG should be. It is seriously bland and there are no new elements or even an attempt to bring something new to the table. What is undoubtedly a gorgeous looking landscape is remarkably empty until you reach the next quest hub. Not group friendly, so much so that there is little requirement to group or socialize with other players. Far too much emphasis on solo play to the point where it really is a single player game running alongside everyone else's single player game. Only selling to guild members is not working well. Most of the game's bad points have already been covered in these forums, but the future really is not bright for ESO. These are my opinions, as I feel sure that some will enjoy the game, as I did for a couple of weeks. No way will this game retain its subscription model. What can possibly justify a subscription to it?

I believe that Matt Firor and a few others will be sent down the road for this. Nobody wins when a company produces a dud.

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by Krayfish

I did cancel, but I hadn't planned to originally. I was having fun and levelling slowly while trying to enjoy myself as I hate rushing to end game. The game did start to get a little tiring though as I felt like I was doing the same things over and over again with a slight difference in story. The deciding factor was actually (people might hate me for this) Archeage. I told myself I wouldn't buy into as I was disappointed they had decided to the F2P route, but I though about it some more and really I didn't care too much.

Bought the archeum package, joined a guild and I am having some of the best fun I've ever had in an MMO. Told myself I should keep playing ESO but I just didn't have the will or desire to after playing Archeage. Anyway, that wasn't the point in this post, not trying to give mad props to Archeage. But yeah my subscription hasn't continued, my time in ESO lasted less than I though it would I will admit.

And that's the main problem that I was having with the game during the entire beta. I had a bit of good fun but it wasn't consistent. And that was mainly PvE. PvP wasn't to bad but I expected more of an epic experience. Graphically the game is okay, nothing special. Combat was horrible, bad animations and very clunky. ESO just didn't feel like a AAA title to me. But hey, let's not forget they had to do a re-pass on the entire game.... So ZOS really didn't have a lot of time to get most of the annoying things out of the game.

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

• SethalosSethalos Member UncommonPosts: 12

Cancelled last week.

I soooo wanted to love this game, I was super hyped when it was first released and I got to play in the Beta. That is when I started to think to myself...wow...this really isn't impressive at all.

The combat and fluidity of movement/actions was terrible. I did enjoy the quests and storyline but the voice acting was blah and repetitive.

I can give them a break on the quest bugs and such, those things can be patched. I'll also give them kudos on the amount of content they brought forward, but, if the game isn't fun to play, no matter how much content is included it will still suck.

Won't be going back.

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    How about not even playing.....Three beta weekends was enough to see it was a console rail game ported to computer....Looking back I actually feel that one of those three weekends was wasted in the land of denial but TGI woke up....
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by reeereee

Yes people are kinda bored of PvP, not to mention the Campaign population is unbalanced so until they fix something about PvP, there won't be much activity in Cyrodiil

I feel like the PvP still has decent potential, they just failed to anticipate how bad the population imbalance would be.  Also would be nice to see if they can actually balance classes, I would like to trade in my nb for a sorce but can't imagine trying to re-level through the VR content...

I'm not sure how true that is... But - if it is - really?

Has anyone seen a PvP game that was balanced "on its own"? 3 factions is not a silver bullet...

This is so obvious... There needs to be mechanics/incentives in place to force players to go one way or another.

Free sub for the losing faction?

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by askdaboss
    Originally posted by reeereee

I'm not sure how true that is... But - if it is - really?

Has anyone seen a PvP game that was balanced "on its own"? 3 factions is not a silver bullet...

This is so obvious... There needs to be mechanics/incentives in place to force players to go one way or another.

Free sub for the losing faction?

Would you really want to play a game where everyone wants to lose?

Or people get trolled because they actually want to play it? And even...win?

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    I bought two 6 month subs, one for me and one for my son. That's the longest sub I have ever purchased for a game since I bought the lifetime sub to LotRO back when it came out. I loved DAoC back in the day, but not even sure I purchased a 6 month sub there, either. Usually 6 months is the max time a game can hold my interest at one stretch, but with ESO's PvP I can easily see it lasting longer. Even with the lifetime sub in LotRO it only holds my interest for a few months at a time.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99

wut?

in fact thx for reminding me.  just subbed 6 months

• PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Member UncommonPosts: 35
    didn't make it thru beta
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I subbed, best mmo around.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3