Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who's just cancelled their subscription...?

Comments

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

This thread has made for a great read.

I found it quite informative except for the Darkfall shills.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Lawlmonster
    I resubscribe and cancel every day.

One of the best things I've ever read on this site.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Still subbed for now. Waiting to see if they stick to their 4-6 week timeline for updates. I'm not sure if people know the kinda treatment people suffered at the hands of those running darkfall. A game can be awesome, while the company running it can take that experience out back and murder it.  That sums up the current darkfall game(even if the company is trying to improve that bad imagine will be there for awhile.)
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Subbed. Still haven't played through EP and DC areas.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Now why would I do something as dumb as cancel my subscription to a great game?

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

still have a week or 3 to go i think but havent loged back in 3 days now.
    Looked at the patch notes and laughed hard.

Game goes free to play in no time, no need to resub and fund this studio more money before they get to fix the massive problems on the EU server oh i mean the EU in the Murica server or whatever...

Time for some well deserved themepark mmo break again.

Cant wait for AA after all these failed themepark expeditions that cant get 1 decent mmo right.

• sadnebulasadnebula Member UncommonPosts: 263

I cancelled,  but it was more a lack of time than a not liking the game issue. There are ample f2p games out there that offer a good gaming experience without feeling the need to play due to paying a monthly fee. 

A good solid game, open world, interesting quests but nothing that makes me want to pay to play over say, Rift. 

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    I don't, like it a lot

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    I cancelled. The game just wasn't for me. I hope that those who decided to sub are enjoying themselves.
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I played ESO in the full time closed beta testing group, so played it for a few months non stop before release. Ordered the Imperial Edition, played the game live for about 2 weeks, then just cancelled my subscription. My sub ended yesterday and I don't plan on renewing for a long time. Just grew bored of it.

I am in the Archeage Alpha right now and sort of hooked though still aprehensive when I get to the pvp zones, but I am finding this game is a ton more fun then ESO, just hope I don't get sick of it before live like I did ESO.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Nope, still playing the game.  It's one of the best games to come out in a long time, and worth the money.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Still haven't used my "free" month that comes with the box.

I am now planning to use it to celebrate my retirement day (40 years from now)... just in time for the move of the EU megaserver to Europe and patch 1.1.0 that contains all the necessary bug fixes.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I read a thread a few months ago about how some new-to-forums guy didn't like the game, and being the type of person who trusts any random poster on the internet, I never bought the game. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Great game, in fact due to beta the first MMO ever I pre-ordered (3day headstart normal edition), 4 characters, highest is currently 13 the rest are now all level 12. 

Taking my time with all of them and actually difficult to determine which one I like best.

• hidrohidro Member UncommonPosts: 52
    The game is good. I have unsubbed for now because I am looking forward to Wildstar. I want to raid again, and while ESO may have Craglorn, it's doubtful that it will keep my raiding urges sated. Plus.. Battlegrounds and arenas.. So much fun.

Console Esports?
    www.supergamebowl.com

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by hidro
    The game is good. I have unsubbed for now because I am looking forward to Wildstar. I want to raid again, and while ESO may have Craglorn, it's doubtful that it will keep my raiding urges sated. Plus.. Battlegrounds and arenas.. So much fun.

Will take along time before I even be VR. Let alone set foot in Craglorn that is IF of course I even make it that far, I never look that far ahead as I look at what I play at the moment and will see how far it will take me.

As for Wildstar hope the game is fun for you, if I wouldn't be playing ESO I am certain Wildstar would be here for me. But I am a one MMO at a time person and for now ESO is a good Themepark-ish game for me. wildstar for now remains on my still want to play list. 

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

So I see a lot only played for a month or less. Was it worth your money ? Then I see AA alpha players in here , did you get in free or pay $150 for a game that doesn't tell you what the background story is as they haven't even translated the introduction at all yet? Then there is the WS crowd. There are more than those 3 games out and coming out. You might even like the English version of Phantasy Star Online 2 which comes out on the 29th of May , I will be playing it. The others don't interest me whatsoever.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by DMKano
    On the positive side - Megaserver should run flawlessly now.Also another good thing in the 2nd month post launch in subscription games is the community - this a great time to find dedicated folks who are into the game.The best guilds I was a part of were 2nd/3rd month guilds after the mass exodus - happens in Vanguard, AoC, and those games had horrendous retention rates (like 10%)So there is an upside always.

True about the community, but in the end it's just a bias filter, of course the majority sticking agree in that instance. Birds of a feather stick together... Yet no circle of pals is worth slogging through a game you don't like.

• reignfyrereignfyre Member UncommonPosts: 19

Cancelled probably 2 weeks after launch, only made it to level 26 or so and the 2nd major zone.  It was way too boring.  Been playing Dark Souls 2 nonstop since launch and having a blast.  Too many games out there to waste any time being bored.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318

I canceled well before the re-sub cycle, having no interest in a purely themepark grind.

I tried my best to like and enjoy it, but no themeparks for me, thanks.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Before quitting please mail all mats, gold and purple or better items to @ReymasSamarys

Thanks in advance!

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by Yoofaloof

Just received my email to say that I have just paid for my first months subscription. More fool me for not cancelling earlier. So they got an extra £8.99 out of me, ah well.

I really wanted to enjoy this MMO, even purchasing the collectors edition, but ultimately wasn't having as much fun as I am having in Archeage and Wildstar - and that's what it's all about isn't it - the fun? For me anyways.

Anyone else promptly cancelled their sub on receipt of the email?

Nope ofc not. Its the best MMO out there at the moment. Its fun!

Tried WS in last beta, but it was to laggy, it was unplayable.

----

----

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

My game community the first 15-20 days had  90-100 ppl playing and 65-75 every night doing group pvp. All of them were in Ventrilo during the events.

After the 3rd week they stopped doing events and now there are 10-15 ppl max playing and 4-5 of them are entering Ventrilo. I dont know how many of them quit or bored or cancelled the sub, but in less than a month there was a huge decline.

I dont know whats happening in other communities or guilds. I m speaking only about mine.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by kikosforever

My game community the first 15-20 days had  90-100 ppl playing and 65-75 every night doing group pvp. All of them were in Ventrilo during the events.

After the 3rd week they stopped doing events and now there are 10-15 ppl max playing and 4-5 of them are entering Ventrilo. I dont know how many of them quit or bored or cancelled the sub, but in less than a month there was a huge decline.

I dont know whats happening in other communities or guilds. I m speaking only about mine.

Yes people are kinda bored of PvP, not to mention the Campaign population is unbalanced so until they fix something about PvP, there won't be much activity in Cyrodiil

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

I like the game, but I've cancelled until they migrate the EU servers to EU. I didn't like their casual way of announcing we'd be playing on US servers, and I definitely didn't like how they pretended it wouldn't matter. High ping ALWAYS matters.

I'm in the ArcheAge alpha, and it wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I've been in a couple of Wildstar betas - and it's very, very far from my kind of game.

So, I'm kinda left with old MMOs and ESO - which I like but obviously isn't the best MMO ever.