Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game looks amazing

jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

I've been looking at some video footage of this game and in theory it looks really really good.

This guy talking about how you fly through instances to make it look that your in one big world. sounded complicated but he didn't think it was much of problem. You could still fire at a player while you were crossing over instances.

It's shaping up to be a ground breaking space mmo imo.

I would go as far as to say i would definitely through a few quid upgrading my pc for this game when its released.

Comments

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126

I'll declare an interest - I am a big backer of the game.

That said, the game is looking stunning already - even the alpha/pre-alpha footage of the dog fighting module (PvE to start then PvP arena mode) which is due to launch at the end of this month (May):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP1mlIUZYqI#t=98

Then when you add in the complex economy currently being developed, the FPS ship boarding and planetary combat systems, ability to loot other players' ships and cargo, massively deep space exploration etc etc - 2015/2016 is just too far away :)

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

There's a lot of theory behind the game... a lot of things they want to do. They've implemented barely a fraction of what they said the final game will be like and they're moving very slowly (is this the third time the DFM is being delayed?)

I'd rather they spent less time creating helmet animations and talkshows and more time actually implementing stuff.

Thankfully we'll have Elite: Dangerous to play for our space sim fix until SC is finally completed. No doubt though that when it is completed it'll be worth playing.

..Cake..

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by sgel

I'd rather they spent less time creating helmet animations and talkshows and more time actually implementing stuff.

Thankfully we'll have Elite: Dangerous to play for our space sim fix until SC is finally completed. No doubt though that when it is completed it'll be worth playing.

Happily with a team of 250+ devs that is continuing to grow, with different teams working on different parts of the game, it's all being worked on and no doubt all coming together.

As you say - we have Elite until then!