Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glad I didn't purchase the Expansion

124»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I keep telling myself to go back and play through Act V again and explore every nook, but I'm having far too much fun in bounties and rifts.

I just wish the Profile and website/battle.net would update and accurately display the time spent playing my Crusader, as well as the bnet profile showing my actual gear w/ enchants and such.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I love the loot grind.. that's what this game is. If you expect something else then this isn't the genre for you. They have made loot running so much better with this expansion that it's probably the least monotonous ARPG there ever was and it's only going to get better when they expand on Adventure Mode. For ARPG fans this game is now a treat. Not only does it have the best campaigns of any ARPG ever made.. because usually they have no bloomin story at all.. but it's polished to a level beyond all other ARPGs.

If you look at the campaign when judging this genre then you're searching in the wrong place my friends. You want to be looking at the combat system and the loot and how they affect each other. Anything else on top of that is a bonus. 

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I purchased and I am glad I did. I am enjoying the hell out of my Crusader. The story is a bit blah, but the bounties are waaaay too much fun to be missed.

I am just enjoying killing and looting the crap outta everything.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    I am glad I did buy it. i am having a bblast. It's a gret addition to Diablo 3.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I keep telling myself to go back and play through Act V again and explore every nook, but I'm having far too much fun in bounties and rifts.

I just wish the Profile and website/battle.net would update and accurately display the time spent playing my Crusader, as well as the bnet profile showing my actual gear w/ enchants and such.

Lol .. i feel the same .. too many things to do (i still have my barb, monk, WD & DH to level up).

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

I'm guessing it's lack of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I HAVE to kill every monster, break every stick of furniture, and explore every nook and cranny. The good news is I finds a lot of legendaries in weird places image

This describes me too. Ever since D1 I have had the compulsion to break every barrel and urn visible. Urn smashing takes priority even over elite mobs, treasure goblins, and bosses. What is great about D3 is that there is even more to smash up than in D1/D2! I especially like devastating the premises of the palace in Act 2. I have managed to find legendaries by overturning corpses... something that never happened in D2.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Spawnblade
    Originally posted by imagina

The ethics of this game are soooo questionnable.

It's much more like "rentability, the game" and no, i'm not even exagerating, look at the history of the pc platform and you realise this, and unfortunately these "values" (more like, lack of  "values" and inredeemable boring repetitive, soulless gameplay) seems to not bother players much anymore, only looking for the better exploit on how to get lvl max faster, or get gold faster.

This is not a game.

Every themepark MMO out there (save TOR) is based entirely on these principles.  Are they not games?

You'd be surprised what people enjoy doing.

Yeah, I love mindless repetitive grind too, however I like story as well and to me Diablo 1-2 were pretty well put together. Diablo 3's expansion is just an extremely predictable cliffhanger.

Read The Order as it ties together Diablo II and Diablo III.  It fills in a large gap and lets you know more.  I'd go so far as saying you need to also read the Sin War trilogy as well to really get a feel for Sanctuary.

Yes the third is a cliffhanger, but that is because we know a fourth is coming.  Other than that it still a solid story and RoS finishes this part well.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by kilun

Read The Order as it ties together Diablo II and Diablo III.  It fills in a large gap and lets you know more.  I'd go so far as saying you need to also read the Sin War trilogy as well to really get a feel for Sanctuary.

Yes the third is a cliffhanger, but that is because we know a fourth is coming.  Other than that it still a solid story and RoS finishes this part well.

I will only read it if there is something about urn smashing in the book image

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by kilun

I will only read it if there is something about urn smashing in the book image

LoL ...

To be honest, i don't think stories in game lore is that compelling compared to "real" novels (like the David Weber sci-fi military novels for example).

I think the lore adds atmosphere, but it is not the main point of the game .. though i totally can understand some place more importance on the story/lore.