Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3+1 reasons not to play ESO!

IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

1) Generic quest grind game till the level cap. Very below generic grind quests after level cap.

2) Lacking in grouping/social aspect of the game.

3) End game is a joke. Well .. if you find generic quest grinding , zerg pvp  and "veteran" dungeons consisting in .... 4 players no joke, then this game IS for you. Also crafting is ... well, you know the answer.

+

Bonus Reason : Because Wildstar is a better game. There, I said it .. 

The Ice is dark and full of terror.

Comments

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Those aren't very good reasons, especially the bonus one. 
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by supremewow

1) Generic quest grind game till the level cap. Very below generic grind quests after level cap.

3) End game is a joke. Well .. if you find generic quest grinding , zerg pvp  and "veteran" dungeons consisting in .... 4 players no joke, then this game IS for you. Also crafting is ... well, you know the answer.

+

Dude....

I'm not a fan of ESO either, but even I recognize a troll when I see one.  It's these kind of posts that is going to perpetuate some kind of fan war between WS and ESO even further.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    try harder. (4 posts since 07)
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

OP is total troll post but wildstar? wildstar = free realms online ...if your into that sorta thing

honestly they are both bad

• freakkyfreakky Member UncommonPosts: 113

Many people have are ready said this. If you are not into the lore and story then the game isn't for you. Some enjoy the pvp but other then that haven't heard many good things. I played in beta for bit but just knew it wasn't for me almost right away.

Wild star doesn't look that good either by few streams I watch. I didn't even finsh downloading it. lol, but hey enjoy what you can for as long as you can.

Good lucks and have fun. 
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by rodingo

+

Dude....

I'm not a fan of ESO either, but even I recognize a troll when I see one.  It's these kind of posts that is going to perpetuate some kind of fan war between WS and ESO even further.

Wouldn't worry about it too much, the only thing that will stop ESO vs Wildstar is time.  I mean seriously when was the last time you heard about gw2 vs SWTOR?  Or when was the last time you heard about AoC vs WAR?  Just wait and everything will take care of itself.

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
     Or let's put it this way: When was an Ncsoft published game successful?

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Problem
     Or let's put it this way: When was an Ncsoft published game successful?

By successful you mean.. what? ESO is by far successful as far as I can tell.

But to answer you question GW2 is a success. Hate it or love it, that game will be here to stay for a long time ( as a successful game ). At some point ESO will do anything do have GW2 success. As someone above have said, time will tell.

PS: I hope you mean just publishing games, and not creating & publishing. Because if you also mean creating & publishing , I can safely say that NcSoft is top 3 company's in the world. 

Originally posted by BurntCabbage

OP is total troll post but wildstar? wildstar = free realms online ...if your into that sorta thing

honestly they are both bad

Free Realms, wow! You deserve a medal, the bottom medal of course. I believe you just mean wildstar = free reams online in terms of graphics. Am I right? If that's the case, then you sir have no idea what art(work) is. 

Both bad, at least Wildstar is somehow bad for some of the players at the beginning . Game shine's a lot later, while ESO , well .. read my OP post.

Originally posted by Moar61

Thanks! Will do!

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    The more Wildstar fans obnoxiously keep coming here not to discuss anything the more I'm convinced that game is targeted for teens.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian
    The more Wildstar fans obnoxiously keep coming here not to discuss anything the more I'm convinced that game is targeted for teens.

Yes, because graphics makes everything in a game. 

Speaking of not discussing anything, please re-read your post several times, watch my posts from this thread, then .. say that line again.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    You been here since 07 and call gw2 a success.... Dunno what you were ignoring but there was this major issue when gw2 launched called culling. It kinda screwed over large groups of people in world vs world until it was fixed months down the line. Gw2 thrives off it's cash shop. I guess you could call that a success? Then again why would you want to play games from a company that is just going to cash shop it up down the road?
  • o-breedo-breed Member CommonPosts: 51

1.) I'm VR1 (close to VR2) and get literally no Veteran Points. I see a lot of endgame!

2.) They are working on group funtionality already. Btw: Every time I sold my vampire bite the other player found me on the megaserver. I play solo though.

3.) Quests are awesome!

Have a nice day

On another note I decided to try a test to see how difficult it would be for someone to find another user in say your friends list or guild. The tester in this case is my 11 year old nephew. Now albeit it took the little guy awhile to figure it out(about 14 minutes or so.) It begs the question though. Are mmo players becoming old dogs to newer or rather redefined methods of playing the game with people. I say redefined in this case since I remember dcuo employing the same type of phasing idea, but on a smaller scale.(unsure which other games have employed the phasing method.)

People will always get bored of games and move on. Not really sure why you got to put a broken bottle to the game's throat though. I see this same cycle repeated time and time again.  You can't wait to play the game. The game is awesome. God this game did this wrong. I am done with this game. Here's a list of reasons or another game you should try. Never ending cycle. >_<

• OP, I could take your original post, change ESO to Wildstar, and it's still true. Actually, almost any mmorpg released recently.
  • eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Not sure how to interpret.  Hes a troll... because.. he only has 4 posts or because hes been a member since 07?  He created an account 7 years ago just to troll on a game?  

Maybe since Ive been a member so long with only a few posts.. Im an obvious troll?  I log in every day.. i read.. i dont post.  But I posted about a game a while back and people boo-hoo'd my opinion.. saying I was a plant.. because I had low post numbers.

I read the situation thus - someone with 7 years as an account, felt motivated to create a post dogging out ESO.  So what?  Dont know the game.. dont really care.  I was basically motivated just to post and johnny raincloud your dismissal of the OP based on something that doesnt even make sense. 

If you dont agree.. say so.  If you agree.. say so.  Also, based on my low post count, it is unlikely that if you come back with some witty response, that I will even respond.  Im just trying to bring to light a problem I see regularly on this sites forums, its not a personal attack and I hope you wont take it that way.  Just food for thought, not just for you but mainly for the community.

If you want an inviting community.. you kind of need to be inviting.. even to new people or new ideas.

/climb down for soap box

• Originally posted by eveque67

Not sure how to interpret.  Hes a troll... because.. he only has 4 posts or because hes been a member since 07?  He created an account 7 years ago just to troll on a game?  

Maybe since Ive been a member so long with only a few posts.. Im an obvious troll?  I log in every day.. i read.. i dont post.  But I posted about a game a while back and people boo-hoo'd my opinion.. saying I was a plant.. because I had low post numbers.

I read the situation thus - someone with 7 years as an account, felt motivated to create a post dogging out ESO.  So what?  Dont know the game.. dont really care.  I was basically motivated just to post and johnny raincloud your dismissal of the OP based on something that doesnt even make sense. 

If you dont agree.. say so.  If you agree.. say so.  Also, based on my low post count, it is unlikely that if you come back with some witty response, that I will even respond.  Im just trying to bring to light a problem I see regularly on this sites forums, its not a personal attack and I hope you wont take it that way.  Just food for thought, not just for you but mainly for the community.

If you want an inviting community.. you kind of need to be inviting.. even to new people or new ideas.

/climb down for soap box

where is the like button?

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

+

You did post in the Wildstar forums " 3 reasons to play Wildstar".

I did test Wildstar and the questing in this game has by far not the same quality standard like you find in ESO.

Originally posted by eveque67

/climb down for soap box

This guy isn't new and if you comb through this section of the forum his ideas aren't either. He's not exactly coming out of the shadows to enlighten us all. People see a low post count around here they have reason to be skeptical. Also, mmorpg.com has never been an inviting community when it comes to actual discussions on mmorpgs. (not really sure how civil the other regions of the forums are so can't comment there)

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000
    ESO is not that bad. It is not everything I could have wanted but it is better than many of the other mmos I have played.
    Originally posted by LordZeik
    You been here since 07 and call gw2 a success.... Dunno what you were ignoring but there was this major issue when gw2 launched called culling. It kinda screwed over large groups of people in world vs world until it was fixed months down the line. Gw2 thrives off it's cash shop. I guess you could call that a success? Then again why would you want to play games from a company that is just going to cash shop it up down the road?

Wait a minute. Are we actually discussing about a game being successful in general or launch successful ? Did I bring up in discussion about ESO bugs? No, because I believe that no company can release a MMO bug-free ( first time release ) .

And don't tell me about GW2 launch bugs, because I was there. The difference between GW2 and ESO , is that, despite the launch bugs which GW2 had ( in no way more then ESO, in fact ESO had/still have a lot of bugs ), you actually COULD see the potential of the game, you could see the nice features and where is he heading, you could see that devs have really, and I mean REALLY tried to bring innovation into the game, and for a lot of people they delivered, while in ESO ... well .. well , you know my opinion.

So yes, I will say it again. GW2 is a successful game and ESO would just love to be that successful. 

And please, don't bring the cash shop up, don't .. because 1) It has the most balanced cash shop from all the MMO's and 2) I will save your post and drop it right in front of your face when ESO will add their cash-shop.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by eveque67

/climb down for soap box

+1

I have been a member on a certain forum for 14 years. My post count is 25 in 14 years.

I do visit this forum on a weekly basis and read, I just don't feel the urge to respond to every post as some members do.

Does this means I am not a part of that community?

Edit. I do post here a little bit more often as there are many games to discuss.

Wait a minute. Are we actually discussing about a game being successful in general or launch successful ? Did I bring up in discussion about ESO bugs? No, because I believe that no company can release a MMO bug-free ( first time release ) .

And don't tell me about GW2 launch bugs, because I was there. The difference between GW2 and ESO , is that, despite the launch bugs which GW2 had ( in no way more then ESO, in fact ESO had/still have a lot of bugs ), you actually COULD see the potential of the game, you could see the nice features and where is he heading, you could see that devs have really, and I mean REALLY tried to bring innovation into the game, and for a lot of people they delivered, while in ESO ... well .. well , you know my opinion.

So yes, I will say it again. GW2 is a successful game and ESO would just love to be that successful. 

And please, don't bring the cash shop up, don't .. because 1) It has the most balanced cash shop from all the MMO's and 2) I will save your post and drop it right in front of your face when ESO will add their cash-shop.

So you call having mass amounts of people become invisible and wipe out other groups of people as acceptable then? Gee I guess since it's gw2 that it gets a pass on that. Many people quit because of that issue not being addressed quickly. Given how a cash shop can effect the economic strength of a world(although not sure how much of an impact it has now) it wasn't very balanced. Many power buyers got commander early and had reserve supplies ready to go from using the cash shop in that game. Sure there were no direct p2w aspects when the cash shop started.

Can't really say if eso will have a legit cash shop or just an account service/bound cosmetic shop. Reason I can say wildstar will most likely have something more is from the company's present pattern of things. Given this is first time zenimax is running an mmorpg. No one can really say what will happen with anything of assurance behind it. They could botch it up, nail it, or pull an allods online and overcharge for everything.

Gw2 wasnt successful out the gate. It took months of bridge work to make it playable for the masses. Some will still debate that is is unsuccessful(heck people even say wow isnt a success here.) Playing a game with emotions attached leads to some very poor choices. I.E game hopper syndrome. ESO has time to prove that it can change for the better. Throwing tantrums and jumping a ship that may sink or swim for another ship in the same scenario is just mind boggling. With that being said I hope to not see you post "3 reasons not to play wildstar" in July or something.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Here we go... all the employees from Archage and Wildstar making bogus accounts to slam competition.  /rollseyes

So you call having mass amounts of people become invisible and wipe out other groups of people as acceptable then? Gee I guess since it's gw2 that it gets a pass on that. Many people quit because of that issue not being addressed quickly. Given how a cash shop can effect the economic strength of a world(although not sure how much of an impact it has now) it wasn't very balanced. Many power buyers got commander early and had reserve supplies ready to go from using the cash shop in that game. Sure there were no direct p2w aspects when the cash shop started.

Can't really say if eso will have a legit cash shop or just an account service/bound cosmetic shop. Reason I can say wildstar will most likely have something more is from the company's present pattern of things. Given this is first time zenimax is running an mmorpg. No one can really say what will happen with anything of assurance behind it. They could botch it up, nail it, or pull an allods online and overcharge for everything.

Gw2 wasnt successful out the gate. It took months of bridge work to make it playable for the masses. Some will still debate that is is unsuccessful(heck people even say wow isnt a success here.) Playing a game with emotions attached leads to some very poor choices. I.E game hopper syndrome. ESO has time to prove that it can change for the better. Throwing tantrums and jumping a ship that may sink or swim for another ship in the same scenario is just mind boggling. With that being said I hope to not see you post "3 reasons not to play wildstar" in July or something.

Again, I don't really get it from where you got this "bug think" going on, because I never said anything about bugs in my OP post nor the other 2 posts which I made. I will say it again, is not about who got the most bugs and who didn't, is about the aspect of the game, in general. ESO problems are not bug related if you know what I mean ...and I really don't want to enter more into this..subject. 

GW2 is B2P , hence .. cash-shop. Many(all) people knew about that and also many people say ( me included ) that GW2 cash-shop do not reflect a P2W cash-shop. If you believe contrary, that is your problem. 

Well, shall we all remember the other company with a background of "first time running a mmorpg"? I think you know who I am talking about and oh yes ..  the moment I see cash-shop in Wildstar ( meaning if it will go F2P ) is the moment I will quit the game. Simple as that.

I however, agree with some points on your last statement and I hope I will not need to post that kind of a thread in July in Wildstar. In a mater of fact I am 100% positive that in July I will be max level and having a lot of fun playing the game.

Aloha!

Originally posted by DAS1337
    Here we go... all the employees from Archage and Wildstar making bogus accounts to slam competition.  /rollseyes

Ironic? 

This discussion has been closed.