Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar ad in ESO zone chat

13»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    Originally posted by Iselin

I'm not trying to make anything out of this.

Certainly seems like you are.  Why are you trying to allude that its an official wildstar ad and then putting that asterisk at the end saying 'its clearly a fan'.  This reminds me of when news organizations try to pull the line 'some people say'.  Why would Carbine do something that's illegal and easily traceable VIA account information.

Obviously this is a fan trolling / trying to cause drama.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was you. At least its not as far of a stretch in saying its Carbine.

I would change your title to 'Wildstar fanboy trolling in ESO general chat'

I always enjoy it when others know what my intentions are and what I'm thinking better than me. Quite a skill you have there.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by cnutemp

I'm not trying to make anything out of this.

Certainly seems like you are.  Why are you trying to allude that its an official wildstar ad and then putting that asterisk at the end saying 'its clearly a fan'.  This reminds me of when news organizations try to pull the line 'some people say'.  Why would Carbine do something that's illegal and easily traceable VIA account information.

Obviously this is a fan trolling / trying to cause drama.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was you. At least its not as far of a stretch in saying its Carbine.

I would change your title to 'Wildstar fanboy trolling in ESO general chat'

I always enjoy it when others know what my intentions are and what I'm thinking better than me. Quite a skill you have there.

Funny, I tell my ol'lady that all the time... ;)

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Crusades

I wish the Wildstar fans would segregate themselves from Wildstar vs EsO - 

ESO has it's issues, but it has nothing to do with WS

WS - you don't need to be pissing ESO fans off anymore than they already are - put yourself in their shoes, now it doesn't feel real good does it?

I'm not saying you have to stop critiquing ESO, but just don't do it with reference to WS, critique it because you think something needs changed and your critique points toward that change.

For instance -

I think a sub fee and box price is uncalled for with reference to ESO, ESO is much better as an f2p title, let it go f2p and everyone can stop complaining because what do you expect for free? Right?

or

ESO - would have been better off without using the elder scrolls ip...

Nothing you wrote have nothing to do with OP post what hell are you talk about???

If some so make advertising for other game in ESO what hell do F2P have do with it serious stop drink what every you are drink for what you wrote again have nothing to do with OP post ^^

It is new low of trolling I think you make advertising for other game make people piss off but if what staff member of carbine the should get fire and if it was carbine do this it just show that are really really desperate get the sell number up but if just was other player it is new low of trolling. but serious 10 million subs in 18 months in what dream world do this people live in image

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

wtf some people are so weird....

also wildstar i dunno it looks so outdated, i tried to play it, but i have to try hard cause its so out of my tastes all its aesthetics and graphics ... : /

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Even the ad was pretty outlandish. Heck the wildstar team has a better chance of flipping 10 million burgers in 18 months let alone getting that many subscribers. I gave the open beta an honest try.... I know everyone has different tastes in games... I just don't see this game exploding. With that said it would have to take some pretty innovative thinking and risky business decisions for the next super mmorpg to come around.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Hahahaha well it makes a change from gold seller spam...

I lol'd @ predicted 10 mill subs though......

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I must say its pretty funny. Either an attempt to troll or someone really hating on ESO trying to advertise another new game. 

Seriously though its amazing how angry people are getting and quick to blame Carbine for something its likely some weird fans are doing. Its even cuter how some people in desperation of trying to look cool are attempting to place blame on Carbine themselves. Just because you don't like a game since your silly mindset views it as making you think people view yourself as 12 doesn't justify kicking and screaming against something. Yes I know theres people who don't like Wildstar who aren't like that, but a big chance they aren't doing the childish posts in this thread.

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107

Its odd. Even Aion has advertising for Wildstar on their front page.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223

They aren't going to get anywhere near WoW numbers, not with the dumb open beta move where you can get exclusive loot, for those who don't have time to play in it they get screwed.  Pre ordering the game gives you exclusive loot.   Seriously when the hell are companies going to take their heads out of their butts and realise that these kinds of move generate a lot more hate then love for a game?  Just release the damn thing when it's ready and let everyone be on equal ground.   I was interested in trying WildStar out, but not any more.

• KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by ESSKA

They are both Published by NCSoft, so its not that weird......a game promoting the companies new game..........

Do you like lollipops? Suck it. Don't bite you greedy twit.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Kamofila that video you posted on Wildstar was very good but you need to be better at holding your temper. You wasted that opportunity for a showcase of a good video by simply losing it on these boards. Learn to control that temper especially since typing is not something like talking so you should exercise better control. I liked that video.
    Chamber of Chains
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Kamofila that video you posted on Wildstar was very good but you need to be better at holding your temper. You wasted that opportunity for a showcase of a good video by simply losing it on these boards. Learn to control that temper especially since typing is not something like talking so you should exercise better control. I liked that video.

Its hard to believe , but it seems he got away with slinging all that abuse and insults at other users.

Its also hard to believe there are people out there that get so worked up over a freaking video game ... very sad.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Epic troll. The best of all is to think that whoever made those ads in ESO must be now laughing his ass off at this thread.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Kamofila
    Originally posted by ESSKA

They are both Published by NCSoft, so its not that weird......a game promoting the companies new game..........

I say its odd because it was never done in that way for any other NCsoft game since the release of Aion. So to me seeing that is odd.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I think the smartest person in that chat frame was the last guy to post. :/

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88

I think it's a funny anecdote, I wouldn't do it, But it is funny nontheless.

Marketing wise I don't think it's low or bad, I often see commercials where they say "this product right here is three times better than that other especific name product"

I few days ago I was wondering why there aren't marketing campaings like those in the gaming industry.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Saio3

Marketing wise I don't think it's low or bad, I often see commercials where they say "this product right here is three times better than that other especific name product"

I few days ago I was wondering why there aren't marketing campaings like those in the gaming industry.

You get it... that's how I saw it too... amusing... no big deal.

But some of the posts in this thread are hilarious with the passion they show for a nothing issue

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Saio3

Because that kind of advertising is forbidden in EU and US.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by LordZeik
    Guess carbine is desperate to get more players. I want to say that it isn't carbine doing this.... But, I've seen several other players with different names posting the same exact ad. Wonder if this is going to become a new trend for trying to bulk up your playerbase.

LOL not entirely, this was a fun event.