Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert features similar to archeage

PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Wow

I was really nicely surprised, so apparently - according to this vid you have tame your horses, you need ingredients to plant plants, yo can build houses and you can even milk a cow lol.  Socializing is on a whole new level and object interaction is way cooler than anything before MMO wise (parkour, leaning against walls etc)

I think I found my new favourite MMO to watch ;)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Comments

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Its an interesting idea to bring these kinds of mini-tasks into the game, since it allows you to do more than just repeatedly killing monsters. However, its the bigger things like housing, trading system, fortress building and a vast crafting system that can keep people occupied, the mini-games feels more like novelty items that fits more into a game like farmland online.

It will be interesting to see how it all fits together.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I love all these ideas in both Archage and Black Dessert but the PvP aspect is not one I enjoy so giving both a pass. image

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    There's too many to go over but stuff that can be seen in this vid includes; NPC relations, message boards, pickpocketing, rounding up a horse, consignment sales, installing automated vendors, alchemy, cooking, camping, setting up trade, loading up a packing bag and cart with supplies, accepting a guild quest, building a watchtower, rain affecting the environment and character, setting up crop production on an exploration node, analyzing terrain info such as underground water supplies and temperature, assigning real estate usages

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• TheReDKinGXXTheReDKinGXX Member Posts: 4

with all honesty , i think this may be the first MMO RPG game for me to ever play 

i was never even interested in mmo rpg games , but after seeing the char creation and combat system and this video , for somereason i fell in love with it and i lost any feeling to play any other game than black desrt "too bad its still only in korea" 

god i really wish they keep walking in this path and they dont mess up this game :) 

its looks so promoising , 

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

This looks great.

Its sad we have to wait for eastern developers to expand on the sandbox ideas we've had for almost 20 years.

Age of wushu, archeage, black desert, all full of features that are the logical next step for sandbox game, yet we're stuck with crap like Darkfall UO thats all combat, or other sandbox titles that lack combat systems or anything worthwhile outside of building.

A crying shame.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Originally posted by Dullahan

This looks great.

Its sad we have to wait for eastern developers to expand on the sandbox ideas we've had for almost 20 years.

Age of wushu, archeage, black desert, all full of features that are the logical next step for sandbox game, yet we're stuck with crap like Darkfall UO thats all combat, or other sandbox titles that lack combat systems or anything worthwhile outside of building.

A crying shame.

Exactly

Developers should put crafting and socializing on the first step then care about combat

Black desert seems to have both in one pachage though - very action packed combat sensible crafting and crapload of immersion features

I heard in some interview they had discussion with many publishers which are interested in BD - I really hope thats true

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by Pigozz
    Originally posted by Dullahan
    This looks great. Its sad we have to wait for eastern developers to expand on the sandbox ideas we've had for almost 20 years. Age of wushu, archeage, black desert, all full of features that are the logical next step for sandbox game, yet we're stuck with crap like Darkfall UO thats all combat, or other sandbox titles that lack combat systems or anything worthwhile outside of building. A crying shame.

Exactly

Developers should put crafting and socializing on the first step then care about combat

Black desert seems to have both in one pachage though - very action packed combat sensible crafting and crapload of immersion features

I heard in some interview they had discussion with many publishers which are interested in BD - I really hope thats true

You won't see a westernized version of BD for 3 years at least.

The game is still in beta in Korea.

So the game has to launch in Korea 1st - which will happen towards the end of this year.

Then western publishers will wait for at least 6 months to see how the game's doing.

Then it will take another year to westernize it - if any publisher decides to pick it up that is, there's no guarantee that anyone will yet.

Pearl abyss has been working on an English client for their game alongside the Korean development. Apparently they've had offers from publishers and are waiting on the right one. I'd say three years is a little dramatic. But you never know with Korean games.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    This looks 100 times better then Archage, honestly. In every aspect. Lets hope for EU/US publisher and ofc more good news from the game ;)
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    there is quite a good comparison between the two on hobogamer (just google)
  • HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Follow the Black Desert Facebook page. The team is very active in answering any questions and such. By the way, 3 years for a US release is waaaaay exaggerated. Once it launches in Korea, Russia, and Japan (since they have hosts already), I'm pretty sure USA/EU will be next. So I'd estimate a year.
  • MaximumPayneMaximumPayne Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by mazut
    This looks 100 times better then Archage, honestly. In every aspect. Lets hope for EU/US publisher and ofc more good news from the game ;)

This exactly. BD looks soooo much better than Archage, and as long as they don't go the whole buy to win route (like Archage), the game will rock. I mean really, over $100 to play the beta? What is this?

Archage is a cash grab.

• ClippersNBAClippersNBA Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Pigozz

I think I found my new favourite MMO to watch ;)

You bet your ass. This game is a dream come true.