Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People Fear What They Do Not Understand

Comments

• KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Pigozz

Ok  so tell me, what is so complex and different in WS raids - as it seems to be the only argument of yours that the game is so good

Jeez

Another blind fanboy wearing purple tint glasses unable to see the bigger picture

I like how all the dungeon and raid bosses have distinguishably different fights, In most other mmos it would seem most boss fights are just a copy and pasted script ie the same fight over and over.  Shit WoW even has raid bosses that have the EXACT same mechanics as other raid bossses and im not just talking about the rehash of naxx

Their is randomness to most boss battles i.e. not just a pattern you memorize and and rinse and repeat each time you fihgt that boss.

There is alot more skill and reaction invloved than any other raid or dungone i've seen in any other mmo.  yes even the dungeons have hard fights that rely on skill more than preset factors that determine the outcome with almost complete accuracy. i.e. farming a boss cause you learn the fight.

20 and 40 man raids, i miss big raids

The game is challenging, not since everquest have i really been able to say this about a pve focused themepark game.

[mod edit]

Do you like lollipops? Suck it. Don't bite you greedy twit.

Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by Kamofila
    I understand 25 - 35 fps.  For a game with gfx like this there is no excuse.

Your funny, get a better computer.  Also they have repeated that optimization is the last step in the proccess they are finally getting to.   And truthfully since open beta i've been running on max setting sitting at like 50-60 frames and i doubled the scene render scale.

670 GTX

3.0 8-core

12 gigs of ram

SSD

not an epic computer by any means and i run smooth like butter. 

Funny how every other recent MMO runs at 70+ fps on my computer.  I'm sure the game will improve 50 fps before release................

Would you play any MMO at 30 fps?

first of all if you can hold a solid 30 fps even when shit hits the fan i dont see what your complaining about.  Also this game does have more polys than most mmos, the texture resolution is up there and the lighting and particle effects are pretty high quality, might i suggest tweaking your setting....Once the graphics start to look more like crappy last gen wow graphics and less like the amazing next gen art style the game is made to be.......get back to me

Originally posted by DMKano

What OP fears is what he doesn't understand,

Lots of folks are sick of playing the same shallow quest/dungeon/raid game we've been playing since 1999 EQ1 (funnily enough EQ1 did it 10x better than WS - and that was 15 years ago)

Telegraphs are a step backwards not forward as far as combat goes IMO.

That is all - WS is a major letdown, again like ESO.

Just my 2c

I just dont see how the combat mechanics and gameplay could be as complucated and fast paced as they are without telegraphs and as an old school eq fan i can't agree with you that it is a step backwards.  I mean really lets looks back at oringal eq nothing about the combat was amazing i.e. if you were a warrior you auto-attacked, kicked/bashed and taunted and tabbed targeted to make sure you picked up all the aggro THAT WAS LITERALLY ALL THEY DIDE, Monks they auto-attacked, kicked and FDED AND THAT WAS FUCKING IT.    

But no wildstar is a huge step backward from that i see......

The complexities and the fun of everquest were not in its combat mechanics, but more how you functioned as a group, it was very slow paced, i mean you would be auto attacking trash for like 30 minutes.  That was boring as hell but we dealt with it cause it was the best they could do at the time.  please remove ruby lensed glasses for those of us that still play EQ emulators and can activally recall what orignal EQ combat was like

Your funny, get a better computer.  Also they have repeated that optimization is the last step in the proccess they are finally getting to.   And truthfully since open beta i've been running on max setting sitting at like 50-60 frames and i doubled the scene render scale.

670 GTX

3.0 8-core

12 gigs of ram

SSD

Funny how every other recent MMO runs at 70+ fps on my computer.  I'm sure the game will improve 50 fps before release................

Oh and you realize when you go see a movie or watch tv, thats only like 24 frames per second?  But 30 frames it TERRIBLE  Sure if you average 30 when shit is happening on the screen of coures your gonna shoot down to 15-20 fps and  then you will notice, but then you are no longer running at 30 frames are you?  FYI movies only go up to about 48 fps so if you hti 60 frames in a videogames there is no way your eyes can even tell the difference between 48 and 60 frames, shoot anything above 30 is pretty much unrocognizable as long as it doesn't drop below that 24 fps threshold

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

670 GTX

3.0 8-core

12 gigs of ram

SSD

Oh and you realize when you go see a movie or watch tv, thats only like 24 frames per second?  But 30 frames it TERRIBLE  Sure if you average 30 when shit is happening on the screen of coures your gonna shoot down to 15-20 fps and  then you will notice, but then you are no longer running at 30 frames are you?  FYI movies only go up to about 48 fps so if you hti 60 frames in a videogames there is no way your eyes can even tell the difference between 48 and 60 frames, shoot anything above 30 is pretty much unrocognizable as long as it doesn't drop below that 24 fps threshold

Did you seriously just try to pull out the console player line about FPS that is so far removed from actual facts it is laughable. You fanboys are only making me not want to play.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Ikonis

670 GTX

3.0 8-core

12 gigs of ram

SSD

Did you seriously just try to pull out the console player line about FPS that is so far removed from actual facts it is laughable. You fanboys are only making me not want to play.

If that .. fanboy is actually having the .. "power" to make you not to play the game, then I feel bad for your real live decisions. 

While he is a bit to .. aggressive in explaining the situation, he is right (somehow). He is right to the point that you simply cannot see the real difference between 30 FPS and 50 FPS for that mater. 

However he is wrong, that you see a difference if it drops below 24 FPS. Games are not like movies, so the comparation is wrong. You will notice the difference if it drops below 30 FPS. ( 29-28-27 , etc )

At 24 FPS I would not play a game :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Ok  so tell me, what is so complex and different in WS raids - as it seems to be the only argument of yours that the game is so good

Jeez

Another blind fanboy wearing purple tint glasses unable to see the bigger picture

I like how all the dungeon and raid bosses have distinguishably different fights, In most other mmos it would seem most boss fights are just a copy and pasted script ie the same fight over and over.  Shit WoW even has raid bosses that have the EXACT same mechanics as other raid bossses and im not just talking about the rehash of naxx

Their is randomness to most boss battles i.e. not just a pattern you memorize and and rinse and repeat each time you fihgt that boss.

There is alot more skill and reaction invloved than any other raid or dungone i've seen in any other mmo.  yes even the dungeons have hard fights that rely on skill more than preset factors that determine the outcome with almost complete accuracy. i.e. farming a boss cause you learn the fight.

What randomnes, what different patterns?? wha...I dont even...

You didnt explain anything, you blatantly just wrote "the game has difficult raids" without explaining anything again

You didnt convince me..at all so I checked some yt vids and what I saw was old Anh Qiraj at best..very innovative I salute carbine!!..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Originally posted by Ikonis

670 GTX

3.0 8-core

12 gigs of ram

SSD

Actually those are facts i learned when i went to school to receive my bachelors of science majoring in 3d environmental design.  But even a simple google search will tell you that most if not almost every movie is still viewed in 24fps and some movies are starting to you 48 fps i.e. The Hobbit movies.  I seriously don't think i should have to explain this stuff when even god awful wikipedia has correct and detailed information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#Motion_picture_film

You heard it hear folks, saying facts about something you are educated in now classifies you as a fanboy.

Originally posted by DMKano

What OP fears is what he doesn't understand,

Lots of folks are sick of playing the same shallow quest/dungeon/raid game we've been playing since 1999 EQ1 (funnily enough EQ1 did it 10x better than WS - and that was 15 years ago)

Telegraphs are a step backwards not forward as far as combat goes IMO.

That is all - WS is a major letdown, again like ESO.

Just my 2c

I will quote every bit of a post I see from you with the following :

Kano, you post the same and the same and the same like lots of times , that WS sucks, liner, etc etc etc ( like the above comment).

Why? Seriously , why? Ok you say it once, twice, five times, 10 times , but no man. You want to "share" you "experience" on every bit of a thread. 

Again why? Why do you care? You tried it, you didn't like it, move on man! 

Every time ....c'mon!

Or is it that you really want to raise your posts count so badly, that you spam the same message over and over and over again, just to be the .. guru of za forums

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

[quote]Originally posted by Kamofila

Originally posted by Mardukk I understand 25 - 35 fps.  For a game with gfx like this there is no excuse.Your funny, get a better computer.  Also they have repeated that optimization is the last step in the proccess they are finally getting to.   And truthfully since open beta i've been running on max setting sitting at like 50-60 frames and i doubled the scene render scale.

670 GTX

3.0 8-core

12 gigs of ram

SSD

Define smooth as butter?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Jeez

What randomnes, what different patterns?? wha...I dont even...

You didnt explain anything, you blatantly just wrote "the game has difficult raids" without explaining anything again

You didnt convince me..at all so I checked some yt vids and what I saw was old Anh Qiraj at best..very innovative I salute carbine!!..

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, pretty sure i have been very clear in asking others their opinion on what they did not find enjoyable or saw as bland about the game.  And yes i am asking those who have actually played to around level 30 so i don't think i should really need to go into much detail about explaining the finer complexities of the game.  I think i explained myself more than enough without a wall of text or going into to much detail. Troll begone!

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Mardukk I understand 25 - 35 fps.  For a game with gfx like this there is no excuse.

670 GTX

3.0 8-core

12 gigs of ram

SSD

Define smooth as butter?

60+ if shit goes crazy i might drop down to the low 50's

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Kamofila Originally posted by Mardukk I understand 25 - 35 fps.  For a game with gfx like this there is no excuse.
    Your funny, get a better computer.  Also they have repeated that optimization is the last step in the proccess they are finally getting to.   And truthfully since open beta i've been running on max setting sitting at like 50-60 frames and i doubled the scene render scale.     670 GTX 3.0 8-core 12 gigs of ram SSD not an epic computer by any means and i run smooth like butter. 
      Define smooth as butter?

That is a total lie, and i Would like to see a screen shot.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Graylen

MMO's need to start being fun from the start, we've been through this threadmill to many times and It's not fun anymore.

While i know this is more than likely a typo.... it is so salient.... i mean its just perfect for what happens with MMO releases and MMORPG.COM.

Kudos to you for coining a new term !

Lolipops !

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198

Originally posted by Mardukk I understand 25 - 35 fps.  For a game with gfx like this there is no excuse.
    Your funny, get a better computer.  Also they have repeated that optimization is the last step in the proccess they are finally getting to.   And truthfully since open beta i've been running on max setting sitting at like 50-60 frames and i doubled the scene render scale.     670 GTX 3.0 8-core 12 gigs of ram SSD not an epic computer by any means and i run smooth like butter. 
      Define smooth as butter?

yea, show the screen shot!

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

Originally posted by strawhat0981

Define smooth as butter?

yea, show the screen shot!

I know many had/have FPS problems, because I agree, WS still needs optimization.

But maybe this will also help you both :

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/view/forums/thread/412397/Possible-FPS-Fix.html

Seems on reddit , this "fix" has give to some players some high FPS improve.

Good luck!

Define smooth as butter?

And people in hell want ice water, but I'm not here to satisfy your curiosity.  Go build a computer with those parts and install a fresh windows 7 and optimize it yourself if you really want your answer bro.  And my recomendation on the MB and VC to be of the Asus brand. I OC my cpu a little cause its a little crappy but what i paid for it like 2 years ago Im sure you can get the 4.0 OCed to 4.3 8-core now. 

• BlocheadjBlocheadj Member Posts: 32

Kamofila I don't think you understand what an opinion means. You are sharing yours and I accept that, I am sharing mine and I think this mmo is the most bland and boring thing I've played in a long while, great features yes. Execution and soul no, so I will pass and continue to play ESO in which I think is a fantastic game but that is also my oppinion. 

Just try not to act llike a kid cause we don't agree with it

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Kamofila Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Kamofila Originally posted by Mardukk I understand 25 - 35 fps.  For a game with gfx like this there is no excuse.
      Define smooth as butter?
    And people in hell want ice water, but I'm not here to satisfy your curiosity.  Go build a computer with those parts and install a fresh windows 7 and optimize it yourself if you really want your answer bro.  And my recomendation on the MB and VC to be of the Asus brand. I OC my cpu a little cause its a little crappy but what i paid for it like 2 years ago Im sure you can get the 4.0 OCed to 4.3 now 8-core now. 

No im calling you to back up your claim, if there is any truth to it you would validate them.

Im in the IT industry and have several Units to test on, I don;t believe your claims.

Originally posted by Manasong
    Originally posted by IceAge

The mistake of many, and I mean MANY people who likes the game but at some points they said it gets boring (as the above guy), is that they play the fcking Beta. Seriously, just .. play the game till you find it acceptable and willing to pre-order and that's it. Wait for launch because Beta is Beta. You know characters will be wiped and you just simply cannot play with an open mind , as if you were playing the game with the live status on it.

Just quit playing until the game goes live and if you found the game to be acceptable in Beta, I can assure you that you will love it once it goes live.

|

Nail  |/

<---------------|     <-Head

^ you are hear

Preodered after i played enough of closed beta to know i love the game and have barely played it since as i wait for headstart :D

I'm actually more interested in trying to understand the drawing you made...

his location seems to be the head of a nail.....................to obvious?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I only got lvl 8 and it's been a blast! Aurin Esper Explorer I love the platformer elements and Esper is sooo my type of magic user.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

I see all these people calling the game bland, boring, repetitive, ugly and simplistic.  I think i even read one guy say it feels like a free to play game.....Are we even playing the same damn game?

Did you even get past level 15? Since when is the first 15 levels of any MMO amazing (cause we all know how those games turn out that seem all awe inspiring and amazing from the get-go, then the shine eventually wears off and you start to recognize the turd.)

Wildstar on the otherhand! Just keeps getting better and better. Don't take my word for it, shoot don't even take the time to level past 15 to try and prove me wrong.  just take a couple minutes and youtube their mid-endgame dungeon and raid content.........None of it has really ever been done before on such a complex scale. (What you mean its not just red circles that show up that i have to simply run out of?)   Helll No.

Seriously i don't see how anyone that takes the time to formulate a well educated opinion about this game can call it any of the things listed at the beginning of my rant, Sure you might not like the game, great its not your cup of tea.  But to be ignorant and not be able to see it for the professional ass piece of artwork it is.......I am glad you wont be joining the rest of us in Nexus.(or at least you go Exile)

ALL HAIL THE DOMINION!!!!!!!! (creeping high pitched laughter that could only come from a Chua)

It's ok guys, I don't blame you for trying to hype your currently fav game but you have to accept that those who complain may be right too - in their own world it 's just not their type of game. For example I don't have anything against Wildstar, but untill I get an AAA open world full loot sandbox type of game I will publicaly expres how much I'm tired of WoW clones (even if 2.0 clones).

Define smooth as butter?
    And people in hell want ice water, but I'm not here to satisfy your curiosity.  Go build a computer with those parts and install a fresh windows 7 and optimize it yourself if you really want your answer bro.  And my recomendation on the MB and VC to be of the Asus brand. I OC my cpu a little cause its a little crappy but what i paid for it like 2 years ago Im sure you can get the 4.0 OCed to 4.3 now 8-core now. 

No im calling you to back up your claim, if there is any truth to it you would validate them.

Im in the IT industry and have several Units to test on, I don;t believe your claims.

I don't believe your an IT guys........nor do i care......move along, stop sidetracking a thread

Originally posted by StarI

I see all these people calling the game bland, boring, repetitive, ugly and simplistic.  I think i even read one guy say it feels like a free to play game.....Are we even playing the same damn game?

Did you even get past level 15? Since when is the first 15 levels of any MMO amazing (cause we all know how those games turn out that seem all awe inspiring and amazing from the get-go, then the shine eventually wears off and you start to recognize the turd.)

Wildstar on the otherhand! Just keeps getting better and better. Don't take my word for it, shoot don't even take the time to level past 15 to try and prove me wrong.  just take a couple minutes and youtube their mid-endgame dungeon and raid content.........None of it has really ever been done before on such a complex scale. (What you mean its not just red circles that show up that i have to simply run out of?)   Helll No.

Seriously i don't see how anyone that takes the time to formulate a well educated opinion about this game can call it any of the things listed at the beginning of my rant, Sure you might not like the game, great its not your cup of tea.  But to be ignorant and not be able to see it for the professional ass piece of artwork it is.......I am glad you wont be joining the rest of us in Nexus.(or at least you go Exile)

ALL HAIL THE DOMINION!!!!!!!! (creeping high pitched laughter that could only come from a Chua)

It's ok guys, I don't blame you for trying to hype your currently fav game but you have to accept that those who complain may be right too - in their own world it 's just not their type of game. For example I don't have anything against Wildstar, but untill I get an AAA open world full loot sandbox type of game I will publicaly expres how much I'm tired of WoW clones (even if 2.0 clones).

I still dont understand where people get wow clone argument from.....the combat is very different, the game is sci-fi not fantasy.    Those 2 things alone removed, what can you say that is the same about the game that daoc or everquest or asherons call or some other game didn't do before wow?  The art style is similar..........yeah similar to every other 3D game with hand painted textures.  Wow didn't invent hand painted textures.  jax and Daxter, Ratchet and clank,  even fucking crash bandacoot lol.

fuckin haters man. 

oh and the dreambox/Sandbox game we are all waiting for prob wont even be possible for another couple years due to the simple fact not everyone has descent internet.  All the things people want in a game have to be communicated through a server and back to you.  Only so much info can go through at a time.  The unfathomable level of complexity people desire in a Sandbox even just from a technical standpoint, not even an implementation standpoint (abusing of gameplay mechanics is the big one) just seems way to far fetched to me anytime soon.  not to mention personal hardware limitation a lot of people have.  Maybe one day, one day.

Define smooth as butter?
      No im calling you to back up your claim, if there is any truth to it you would validate them. Im in the IT industry and have several Units to test on, I don;t believe your claims.
    I don't believe your an IT guys........nor do i care......move along, stop sidetracking a thread

No, Im not.

You presented the thread to discuss peoples issues with wildstar, Here are the issues presented.

If you cannot not prepare well thought out factual arguments which can be backed up by proof then i suggest not making them.

This discussion has been closed.