Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People Fear What They Do Not Understand

KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116

I see all these people calling the game bland, boring, repetitive, ugly and simplistic.  I think i even read one guy say it feels like a free to play game.....Are we even playing the same damn game?

Did you even get past level 15? Since when is the first 15 levels of any MMO amazing (cause we all know how those games turn out that seem all awe inspiring and amazing from the get-go, then the shine eventually wears off and you start to recognize the turd.)

Wildstar on the otherhand! Just keeps getting better and better. Don't take my word for it, shoot don't even take the time to level past 15 to try and prove me wrong.  just take a couple minutes and youtube their mid-endgame dungeon and raid content.........None of it has really ever been done before on such a complex scale. (What you mean its not just red circles that show up that i have to simply run out of?)   Helll No.

Seriously i don't see how anyone that takes the time to formulate a well educated opinion about this game can call it any of the things listed at the beginning of my rant, Sure you might not like the game, great its not your cup of tea.  But to be ignorant and not be able to see it for the professional ass piece of artwork it is.......I am glad you wont be joining the rest of us in Nexus.(or at least you go Exile)

ALL HAIL THE DOMINION!!!!!!!! (creeping high pitched laughter that could only come from a Chua)

Do you like lollipops? Suck it. Don't bite you greedy twit.

Comments

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

I have a lvl 34 medic. I find the game a bit boring tbh. Its got decent dungeon difficulty, that is what it has going for it imo. But the artistics of the game isnt my favorite and the game does get a bit repetitive in my opinion. But its probably an improvement on what is currently available in the genre, although that isnt high praise.

• KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116

I personally have found the dungeon experience to be very well paced along with the rest of the game.  As you level they are reving you up for all the crazy mechanics that start flying at you.

I personally dont see myself getting bored with this game for a while. If no massive gameplay changes happen or server breaking bugs occur for any extended period of time and the game plays how its played all through closed and open beta I'm gonna be one happy camper.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

I am sorry my opinion does not mirror yours but I played through most of the betas hit 25 with two different characters and I find the game boring and on par with some f2p games.  After playing WS, I can not justify paying money for it when better options are out there. 

I do not fear what I understand or even don't understand (although I do get this game), what I fear is some trying to create my opinion for me.

I personally love the art style, Mixed with the cooky humor it almost makes me feel like i'm playing a sweet sci fi cartoon form my childhood and Marvin the Martian or Invader Zim are gonna step around the corner and vaporize me with the phaser.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Nilenya

I have a lvl 34 medic. I find the game a bit boring tbh. Its got decent dungeon difficulty, that is what it has going for it imo. But the artistics of the game isnt my favorite and the game does get a bit repetitive in my opinion. But its probably an improvement on what is currently available in the genre, although that isnt high praise.

level 34 when the level cap is 30?

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by evilized
    Originally posted by Nilenya

level 34 when the level cap is 30?

Possibly that person was in the real beta.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506

Dungeons are quite challenging if you can get past the telegraph system. You don't eye your character or enemies in WS - your eyes are on telegraphs. Essentially you are playing and battling an array of colors and shapes. Maybe some people are cool with that but after the initial newness wore off, I was pretty much over it.

Now basically that is what you are paying for because leveling will go buy quickly and endgame will then become a hub game where players queue for whatever meets their fancy. 

I understand it quite well. 

Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    I am sorry my opinion does not mirror yours but I played through most of the betas hit 25 with two different characters and I find the game boring and on par with some f2p games.  After playing WS, I can not justify paying money for it when better options are out there.

Opinion is noted, though i would be hard pressed to find any better options than wildstar, me personally have been looking for years and everything out right now just does not appeal to me in the slightest.  You name it, i've played it,  And no i did not buy ESO, but that was only because i played the beta and found it to not be my style.  (pluss max level in 14, cmon now no mmo ever has made it that easy)

Honestly i dont look at the telegraphs anymore for the mostpart, ( i mean some you have to watch cause its like running through a maze) but most of those telegraphs are also "telegraphed" through the mobs animations.  After playing the game for a while you pick up on those and dont have to concentrate as much on the telegraphs on the ground cause you already see it coming kinda.   I almost which there was a way to maybe turn down the opacity on the telgraphs, i knwo you can turn them off all together but that would just gimp you for those telegraphs you need to see like the real crazy shapped ones and the moving ones and the ones that lock on to you.  but like i said, looking at the mobs or the person you are pvping and reading the animations can be just as, if not more effective than just staring at the ground.

that ran on a little bit

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

I've played to level 15 in one of the CBT weekends, but the game didn't hook me. Especially the last few levels were tedious. I was in some crater with a giant bot in the middle doing the usual fetch and kill quests.

I tried the OBT a bit yesterday to check the new interface, but wasn't really impressed either.

My biggest gripe is still the combat. It's GW2 all over again. Floaty melee combat with no real sense of impact. If the combat had been more visceral, like TERA's for instance, i'd probably have preordered the game, but it's too GW2-sy for my taste.

Too bad, i like myself a good themepark, even if it's only to get to the level cap.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Some people understand and do not like.
  • SoraksisSoraksis Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by drakaena

Dungeons are quite challenging if you can get past the telegraph system. You don't eye your character or enemies in WS - your eyes are on telegraphs. Essentially you are playing and battling an array of colors and shapes. Maybe some people are cool with that but after the initial newness wore off, I was pretty much over it.

Now basically that is what you are paying for because leveling will go buy quickly and endgame will then become a hub game where players queue for whatever meets their fancy. 

Umm you do know you can turn the telegraphs off right?  They added that feature for those that don't enjoy the hard challenges but added the ability to turn them off for those that do enjoy the real challenges.  Maybe go back, if you did actually play it and are not just spouting off what others have wrote go back and try it again with telegraphs turned off and then tell me if the battles are still just arrays of colors??

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Kamofila

I see all these people calling the game bland, boring, repetitive, ugly and simplistic.  I think i even read one guy say it feels like a free to play game.....Are we even playing the same damn game?

Did you even get past level 15? Since when is the first 15 levels of any MMO amazing (cause we all know how those games turn out that seem all awe inspiring and amazing from the get-go, then the shine eventually wears off and you start to recognize the turd.)

Wildstar on the otherhand! Just keeps getting better and better. Don't take my word for it, shoot don't even take the time to level past 15 to try and prove me wrong.  just take a couple minutes and youtube their mid-endgame dungeon and raid content.........None of it has really ever been done before on such a complex scale. (What you mean its not just red circles that show up that i have to simply run out of?)   Helll No.

Seriously i don't see how anyone that takes the time to formulate a well educated opinion about this game can call it any of the things listed at the beginning of my rant, Sure you might not like the game, great its not your cup of tea.  But to be ignorant and not be able to see it for the professional ass piece of artwork it is.......I am glad you wont be joining the rest of us in Nexus.(or at least you go Exile)

ALL HAIL THE DOMINION!!!!!!!! (creeping high pitched laughter that could only come from a Chua)

So let me get this right ,  I played the game for nearly 30 hours over two beta weekends , I found it bland and mind numbingly boring even after playing all this time ..... the is one thing I do fear though .. is  people like the OP being offensive ... sigh

Also I think your post is seriously baiting people to respond .. calling other uses ignorant just because they don't agree with you is extremely inappropriate.

Honestly i dont look at the telegraphs anymore for the mostpart, ( i mean some you have to watch cause its like running through a maze) but most of those telegraphs are also "telegraphed" through the mobs animations.  After playing the game for a while you pick up on those and dont have to concentrate as much on the telegraphs on the ground cause you already see it coming kinda.   I almost which there was a way to maybe turn down the opacity on the telgraphs, i knwo you can turn them off all together but that would just gimp you for those telegraphs you need to see like the real crazy shapped ones and the moving ones and the ones that lock on to you.  but like i said, looking at the mobs or the person you are pvping and reading the animations and be just as, if not more effective than just staring at the ground.

that ran on a little bit

Think about what you just wrote - you memorize the boss fights and learn the dance. In other words - just like any other heavily focused instanced PvE MMO + telegraphs. 

In PvP you do not have this luxury and it is a light show. DDR MMO.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

The mistake of many, and I mean MANY people who likes the game but at some points they said it gets boring (as the above guy), is that they play the fcking Beta. Seriously, just .. play the game till you find it acceptable and willing to pre-order and that's it. Wait for launch because Beta is Beta. You know characters will be wiped and you just simply cannot play with an open mind , as if you were playing the game with the live status on it.

Just quit playing until the game goes live and if you found the game to be acceptable in Beta, I can assure you that you will love it once it goes live.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Originally posted by Soraksis
    Originally posted by drakaena

Umm you do know you can turn the telegraphs off right?  They added that feature for those that don't enjoy the hard challenges but added the ability to turn them off for those that do enjoy the real challenges.  Maybe go back, if you did actually play it and are not just spouting off what others have wrote go back and try it again with telegraphs turned off and then tell me if the battles are still just arrays of colors??

You cannot play WS seriously without telegraphs turned on - that is just silly to even suggest. The entire gameplay is based around it. That's like saying "I am going to play WoW and refuse to ever wear a piece of purple gear". 

Originally posted by Tenkousei

I've played to level 15 in one of the CBT weekends, but the game didn't hook me. Especially the last few levels were tedious. I was in some crater with a giant bot in the middle doing the usual fetch and kill quests.

I tried the OBT a bit yesterday to check the new interface, but wasn't really impressed either.

My biggest gripe is still the combat. It's GW2 all over again. Floaty melee combat with no real sense of impact. If the combat had been more visceral, like TERA's for instance, i'd probably have preordered the game, but it's too GW2-sy for my taste.

Too bad, i like myself a good themepark, even if it's only to get to the level cap.

I played GW2 for a while and I am pretty sure i have no idea what you are talking about.   Pretty sur ein guildwars i was just click on enemies and spamming abilites like every other mmo.

I dont remember having to AIM every single attack in GW2, I dont remember dodging being not only a skill but all a necessity in both pve and pvp.  I don't remember pve even being challenging in GW2 i.e.  I could just stand there and spam spells and the mob dies.  If you just stand there and spamm buttons in wildstar your gonna die all the time at the high levels.  GW2 had no real reaction combat or skill shot system what soever.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Originally posted by IceAge

The mistake of many, and I mean MANY people who likes the game but at some points they said it gets boring (as the above guy), is that they play the fcking Beta. Seriously, just .. play the game till you find it acceptable and willing to pre-order and that's it. Wait for launch because Beta is Beta. You know characters will be wiped and you just simply cannot play with an open mind , as if you were playing the game with the live status on it.

Just quit playing until the game goes live and if you found the game to be acceptable in Beta, I can assure you that you will love it once it goes live.

If you are trying desperately to persuade players that the "game gets better once live I promise" you know there is something wrong with it

Plus its like a month from release, nothing will be different

Even eve seems more appealing from the get go O.o

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Originally posted by IceAge

|

Nail  |/

<---------------|     <-Head

^ you are hear

Preodered after i played enough of closed beta to know i love the game and have barely played it since as i wait for headstart :D

That is not what he is saying, clearly you didn't read past the first couple of words.  he is saying going balls to the wall grind in a beta, with the mindset knowing your character is going to be wiped not taking your time and truely experiencing the game before you mind has been made up.  It happens to so many people when they play betas including myself.

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

I played GW2 for a while and I am pretty sure i have no idea what you are talking about.   Pretty sur ein guildwars i was just click on enemies and spamming abilites like every other mmo.

I dont remember having to AIM every single attack in GW2, I dont remember dodging being not only a skill but all a necessity in both pve and pvp.  I don't remember pve even being challenging in GW2 i.e.  I could just stand there and spam spells and the mob dies.  If you just stand there and spamm buttons in wildstar your gonna die all the time at the high levels.  GW2 had no real reaction combat or skill shot system what soever.

You misunderstood me. I'm not referring to the degree of activity required. I'm referring to the "impact" of skills. It's hard to explain. It's a combination of visual and auditive queues that make that you "feel" like hitting a mob. (The mob staggers, the sound syncs with the visual, blood splatters etc. ...) The best way to figure out what i'm tryingto say, is to go and hit a bigger robot or something, check how it "reacts" to the hits you're dispensing. There's barely any animation of him actually being hit other than the floating combat text. That's why it feels like i'm just slashing air (i've played Warrior in CBT and played Stalker in OBT, i'm not fond of caster type classes)

Originally posted by summitus

So let me get this right ,  I played the game for nearly 30 hours over two beta weekends , I found it bland and mind numbingly boring even after playing all this time ..... the is one thing I do fear though .. is  people like the OP being offensive ... sigh

Also I think your post is seriously baiting people to respond .. calling other uses ignorant just because they don't agree with you is extremely inappropriate.

the only thing i might be guilty of baiting is an educated opinion about why people don't like the game, Why was it boring?  What made it bland.  Did you try to play it like most mmos? Like when i play this game, with the lore and the atrwork and in what my opinion thinks is one hell of a combat system.  I just dont understand how any diehard old school mmo fan could not be all over this game.

• greysonfitzwatergreysonfitzwater Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I personally found it to be uncannily similar to Wow (not referring to the graphics). I don't see how dungeons or raids, even if improved, are much different than what is out there. A chocolate cake with sprinkles is not much different than one without. I never really liked WoW though and many people do, so I guess I'm just a freak of nature. Glad your enjoying it though! Still searching for my game. image

You misunderstood me. I'm not referring to the degree of activity required. I'm referring to the "impact" of skills. It's hard to explain. It's a combination of visual and auditive queues that make that you "feel" like hitting a mob. (The mob staggers, the sound syncs with the visual, blood splatters etc. ...) The best way to figure out what i'm tryingto say, is to go and hit a bigger robot or something, check how it "reacts" to the hits you're dispensing. There's barely any animation of him actually being hit other than the floating combat text. That's why it feels like i'm just slashing air (i've played Warrior in CBT and played Stalker in OBT, i'm not fond of caster type classes)

I think those added things would slow down combat to much,  To me those aspects of combat are not needed in a fast faced twitch style skill shot based combat system,  And im sure the devs agree.

• greysonfitzwatergreysonfitzwater Member UncommonPosts: 11
    That is the thing, most of us are not "die hard old mmo" fans.
This discussion has been closed.