Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you who like forced grouping

2»

Comments

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

you want to solo, go play single player games.

PERIOD.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by killahh

you want to solo, go play single player games.

PERIOD.

while i dont completly agree with this opinion it makes a good point, and is hard to argue with especilly, since skyrim is a better game then ESO

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Alders

Forced grouping with proper support roles and expanded group size*

This 4-man group size nonsense needs to stop.

totally agree with this. Tired of mmos abandoning group play more and more. Reducing party size in a new mmo is a slap in the face. If they dont want to support grouping then why the hell do they make mmos? its clear its all about the quick cash, lots of them dont know or dont care how good mmos should work.

• KariTRKariTR Member Posts: 375

I said it on the main forums, unless you're the only one in an area, you are in a group. People are so used to an artificial party mechanic that without it they fail to realise they are fighting as a group. 

If others are around you, you can synergize your skills, give or receive healing and buffs, never have to worry about loot or xp leechers. All this without having to click some button agreeing to share content. 

The idea of Public Questing a la Warhammer isn't new, but Zen have taken it to a new level in making practically the whole of Tamriel a team without a team play. I think it's awesome, innovative and incredibly immersive. So much so, I think any MMO that doesn't build their world in the same way will be ruined for me. I don't want to return to the type of game-world where I worry that helping someone being attacked will have them accuse me of stealing their kills.

So there you have it. You are not forced to group yet group size is limitless. 

For the more traditional among you, there are 4 man dungeons in game now and 12 man 'Trials' coming soon.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Fair one d-20, its just if all we get is criticism you wonder why players are posting, your later post set the record straight. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Perhaps you should decide  if you are playing a solo game or a mmo ,,,the fact you can't solo everything may be a skill issue as much as design issue , I'm not sure ! I know I play mmo's to play with other folks and have no issues with content while running in a group ... but to each their own I guess

This made me laugh. In fact, you are just about right. It was more of a brain function issue for me. I coughed up the gold for a re-spec after realizing the importance of racials. Now I'm playing in a style that (a) I enjoy more, and (b) works with my racial strengths. It has made a huge difference and those 3 mob packs are pretty easy now as long as I focus on what I'm doing and don't make stupid mistakes.

It is like a night and day difference for me.

As to the soloing issue - it's not that I expect to be able to solo everything. I don't expect to solo public dungeons (although usually I can) or world bosses. But I do think quests should be soloable unless there is some kind of warning or clue that you will need more to finish it. That's just my preference.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Alders

Forced grouping with proper support roles and expanded group size*

This 4-man group size nonsense needs to stop.

You can have up to 24 people grouped in the overworld, to tackle the "ordinary quests" the OP is referring to.

4-man is only for instanced dungeons.  And you need at LEAST a healer if not both a healer and tank.

OP: I have been soloing up to VR8 so you're either bad at the game or you gimped your build.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    I'll probably (try to) do all the Veteran content solo and treat it like a hard RPG experience. I just need to finish up the level 50 storyline then maybe take a break and do a fresh run after a while.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Zenimax loading screen tip: For a modest fee you can refund all your skills !

Runs to the nearest wayshrine ports to the respec point ! looks at the cost
    !!! oo !! oO !! OO !!! -_-

20k gold for skills and 4k for attributes - modest fee my ass !
    Combine this with the many lackluster skills that arent cutting it at VR contend and many passives that are bugged or not working as they should be and you can already see that some bosses are going to kick your ass 50 times over.

But !!!! its an mmo !!! lets call in the cavelary !!!..........sorry bud no cant do its solo boss.
    Ok no probs man i can do this !!! changes skills /plays eye of the tiger !!! nuking started !!! Boom 2 shotted -_-

Checks the google for builds !
    fack......i havent leveld those skills yet.....back to leveling those skills !!!
    2 days later and bleeding eyes of grinding quests !
    You can finaly down that boss !

Story of many hero's in Tamriel......

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Entinerint

OP: I have been soloing up to VR8 so you're either bad at the game or you gimped your build.

In my case, both. But I fixed my build yesterday. It cost me a lot of gold to respec, but definitely easier now. The other part can't be fixed, so I will see how far I can go.

A lot of people are going to find that they are bad at this game.