Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Races/Class you're going to start with?

sh8kerm8kersh8kerm8ker Member Posts: 11

Hi guys, I'm a n00b when it comes to MMORPGs.  In fact I've only played one - MUOnline.  It's not bad but I think this game would definitely owned it for free.  When you first begin in MU, you can only chose between Knights, Mages, and Elves.  It seems to me that Knights and Elves are the most powerful, but unfortunately I chose to be a Mage.  I'm fairly advance in the game (lv 75), but it seems that peers around the same level as I but who chose to be Knights or Elves are so much more stronger.  I have the most powerful magic in the game but it is only good for killing large mobs.  Anyhow, to get to my point - will Lineage be more balanced?  In other words, are the various races fairly balanced so that which ever I chose to start out with will not make me feel I got jipped after hours and hours of playing?

My friend was telling all his stories about Lineage 1 which I didn't even know the game existed until he told me.  It sounded like a fun game so I'm really looking forward to this upgrade.

Thx.

Edit:  What are some of the characteristics of each race?

"If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years..."

-Chungking Express

-Chungking Express

Comments

• porkasporkas Member Posts: 125

Well if you ask me MU is a low budget game while L2 hase a experienced staff with previous mmorpg experience and when I played the korean beta I didn't notice any problems.

"Only the good die young so I'd rather stay evil"

• sh8kerm8kersh8kerm8ker Member Posts: 11

I guess it is still too early to tell, even for those who have play a bit of the Corean beta.  I'm sure that there are phases in a race's development that make them temporary strong compared to the others.  That does not bother me, it is this power difference at higher levels that I'm worried about.

Any word on when the open beta would be released and for how long?  My friend told me that we could see it around Feb.image

-Chungking Express

-Chungking Express

Feb no way man jan at the latest if you ask me, internal beta testing has been going on for more that two months now and about 4 months ago they said that the NA version was 75% finished and the taiwnaes open beta is about to start

Well, let's just hope that you're right...image

-Chungking Express

-Chungking Express

so do I

I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm gonna start with the Dwarven (sp?) race.  The way I look at it is this.  Doing well within the L2 economy is probably the most important part.  Since Dwarths can chose to become smiths, I'm seriously thinking that they'll have a significant advantage over the other races.

-Chungking Express

-Chungking Express

hmm dwarfs aren't for me since I hate crafting, god I hate crafting. You know i hate crafting, well just wanted to say that i really really hate crafting.

BTW. I hate craftnig

PS. Did I say I hate crafting.

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321

well I played DarkElf phantom summoner and that's what i will continu playing

are summoners actually fun to use? Is there any modification you can make to your monsters, i heard you could name that but i never found out.

I really don't know, I could look into it

Mmmmmm actually i might go for a elf swordsman, the bows seem to be lacking in your possible choices where as there are lots and lots of swords image. Hopefully they will have dual swords out by the american beta test.

hehe i made this sig today, yay for lineage.

well they have dual in korea so why would the remove it for the NA beta?