Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] DC Universe Online: Touring Amazon Fury with Jens Andersen

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

DC Universe Online’s 10th DLC addition, Amazon Fury Part 1, recently went live for all players and we had a chance to get a personal tour of the new content by DCUO senior creative director Jens Andersen.

Read more of Michael Bitton's DC Universe Online: Touring Amazon Fury Part I with Jens Andersen.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    As long as they restrict me from playing on Sony servers from the EU, like I did from launch, ill never touch this game again no matter what they add to it. Absolutely terrible decision to force us off and one ill never forget.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Ex0dUs101
    As long as they restrict me from playing on Sony servers from the EU, like I did from launch, ill never touch this game again no matter what they add to it. Absolutely terrible decision to force us off and one ill never forget.

I was going to write the same. My SOE account plays all of their titles except DCUO.

You want to know the hilarious thing? EQN will be launched globally by SOE only.... that means the only game we will never play is DCUO.

And I was an original purchaser of the game!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

I was going to write the same. My SOE account plays all of their titles except DCUO.

You want to know the hilarious thing? EQN will be launched globally by SOE only.... that means the only game we will never play is DCUO.

And I was an original purchaser of the game!

I am in the same boat! Had so much missery with PSS1! Forced to migrate my account there. :(

How hard is it for SOE to let us create a New DCUO game account on our SOE accounts?

Especially since the game is F2P now. /shrug

I really liked playing DCUO, but ain't gonna happen anymore, since my game account is locked into PSS1! /facepalm

I was actually looking for a part-time comic book home after city of heroes died. DCUO would have been it and with the new SOE monthly sub for all coming in, could have been a deal clincher. I have previously subbed to planetside 2 and mildly enjoy that game.

Now I sit on the verge of playing a Wildstar Open Beta.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I was actually looking for a part-time comic book home after city of heroes died. DCUO would have been it and with the new SOE monthly sub for all coming in, could have been a deal clincher. I have previously subbed to planetside 2 and mildly enjoy that game.

FWIW, I enjoyed my time in DCUO and I'd encourage you to give it a spin. They do a lot of great stuff and I can really appreciate how passionate the team is about constantly growing the game. Every time I talk to Jens, he's always full of genuine enthusiasm about whatever he's showing for DCUO. I can tell the guy loves playing the game as much as he loves working on it.

Still, from one CoH fan to another, it doesn't replace COH. So manage your expectations if you do give it a try!

Originally posted by MikeB

FWIW, I enjoyed my time in DCUO and I'd encourage you to give it a spin. They do a lot of great stuff and I can really appreciate how passionate the team is about constantly growing the game. Every time I talk to Jens, he's always full of genuine enthusiasm about whatever he's showing for DCUO. I can tell the guy loves playing the game as much as he loves working on it.

Still, from one CoH fan to another, it doesn't replace COH. So manage your expectations if you do give it a try!

We just recently got a PS4 so are playing on the EU PSN servers, my son liked it so much he subscribed.  I have played a bit on the ps3 to get used to the controls as a pc gamer its harder to get used to it.  However I think that the game is popular on the playstation the servers seem to be buzzing and I find with a controller it seems to be more fluid.

Actually want another PS4 now so I can play with my son properly.  If I give up wildstar at somepoint I will explore dcuo properly.  Unfortunately I don't really pay for more than one mmorpg at once.

• CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Just started to get in to DCUO. My buddy said it was cross platform, so I decided to give it a go. Sadly its not cross platform and I can't play with my friend, but the game does a good job of making you feel heroic. I might subscribe

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Cleverjack
    Just started to get in to DCUO. My buddy said it was cross platform, so I decided to give it a go. Sadly its not cross platform and I can't play with my friend, but the game does a good job of making you feel heroic. I might subscribe

in DCUO, ps3 and ps4 can share the same servers - but otherwise PC is separate

i believe FFXI and FFXIV are the only mmos where PC and console share same servers