Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Weapons and Armor Blast Through New Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new video diary for Destiny shows off the amazing plethora of firepower to which players will have access in the game. Check out this video developer diary and let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• crimzonxskyzcrimzonxskyz Member Posts: 28

bungie could have made so much more money if they adapted this to pc... I dont play games on cheaply manufactured garbage that do less ( MUCH LESS ) than what the game was designed on..  wtf bungie... did the cord snap? I guess thats why i'm the first one posting here because I actually wanted to support this IF IT WAS GOING TO PC.

just my opinion. dont like it? dont care.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

Same opinion here, I'm not about to buy a new console just to play one game even if it looks this awesome. Oh well, it's really sad too because with their reported budget they really could of used that big pc gaming market to help them make up for that $500 million.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    This is a MMORPG right? Or at least a PC game surely? No? Then why cover it on this site?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• I can't wait for it. I wish the beta will begin on june but we have to wait till july... :(
  • syeekcosyeekco Member UncommonPosts: 27
    It is a MMO for Console only...
  • PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    This is a MMORPG right? Or at least a PC game surely? No? Then why cover it on this site?

mmorpg for console thats the problem

l2p

• MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    They should take a page from CCP FPS  MMOs dont do well on consoles! and now dust514 is making its way to PC
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I don't think it's even an MMO. All the gameplay I've seen has only been a handful of players. The dumb developers won't even say what kind of game it is. They say it's a mix between a few different genres but I think they could easily categorize it. From what I've seen it looks like a game similar to Borderlands.

I have a 360, so kinda interested in it, but not gonna consider buying it til a little after launch to see exactly what kind of game it is.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    no PC no buy even though I have both X1 and PS4...

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I saw somewhere that they're considering a PC version but it won't be for awhile after the console releases.

FPS games aren't impossible to play on console, it just takes practice to get good with controllers. I don't think it would be a good idea to write off a good game just because there's no PC release though, if you already own a console.

I could see PC only players being upset but doesn't make much sense if you own a supported cconsole.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    No PC, no business.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    F#%k Bungie
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Lol then dont play. Your losses

• KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111

I'll get banned for my opinion as per usual but...

This is another "Could have been" franchise if they didn't screw it up with the consoles. The PC has 100x more potential. They killed the game before it even launched.

Anyone remember the failure that was Defiance? Yeah, me either.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Because it's kinda of like solo mmo that is so popular today...the world in Destiny will be persistent..though you will mostly solo.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Torcip

Same opinion here, I'm not about to buy a new console just to play one game even if it looks this awesome. Oh well, it's really sad too because with their reported budget they really could of used that big pc gaming market to help them make up for that $500 million.

You don't need a new console to play the game, its designed to be played on the old ones. And its not so much an MMO either, but just another version of Titanfail. So not many players involved, probably because the game is designed for the old consoles.

When you put this game up alongside a F2P PC shooter like Planetside2 it doesnt really look all that good, that might be the reason why their not looking to put it on PC, too many games already that are better, there would always be unfavourable comparisons. Unfortunately for Bungie, Planetside 2 is also coming to the PS4, along with a bunch of other MMO's.  Destiny probably would have done better if it was released 5 years ago. image

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Maybe when xbox1 drops at 200-300 i can play this game.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Mickyknox
    They should take a page from CCP FPS  MMOs dont do well on consoles! and now dust514 is making its way to PC

Dust on pc will be a seperate experience than dust on ps3 and of course more more awesome and more connected to eve

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Krighton, dont worry. They haven't begun accepting hype checks from Bungie yet so bans on negative opinions won't happen for a few more months at least
  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Too bad its not on the PC, i`m not getting a console for this. 

Also its a shooter you can`t compare aiming on a console vs pc so even less of a motivator.

But it looks like it will be a nice game.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Only reason i bought the PS4 was for this game.

Hope Destiny delivers.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    PC "master race" sure does like to cry a lot. Grow up and quit crying everyone time a game doesn't come to PC.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    PC "master race" sure does like to cry a lot. Grow up and quit crying everyone time a game doesn't come to PC.

More like "PC whining race".  I own several PC's, but I would rather play this one on console. Why, you might ask?

FPS + MMORPG + PC = Aimbot farming hell. Think of ESO, but now also with Aimbots. No thanks.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

More like "PC whining race".  I have several PC's, but I would rather play this one on console. Why, you might ask?

FPS + MMORPG + PC = Aimbot farming hell. Think of ESO, but now also with Aimbots. No thanks.

I guess purists don't really like console FPS due to the aim assist inherit with the inaccuracy of the controls. As for cheaters, you will find them everywhere.

That been said, I can't think of a good PvE mmofps on either consoles or PCs right now. Planetside 2 does cover pretty well the PvP mmofps aspect on the PC, but that's it.

• BeegsBeegs Member Posts: 107
    Looking pretty awesome. Planning getting a ps4 for this.

r.i.p. c!