Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Age of Wushu: Tempest of Strife: Get Ready to Get Schooled

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games’ martial arts-inspired sandbox MMORPG, Age of Wushu, is launching its very first official expansion today.  I took part in a walkthrough of Tempest of Strife’s content last week, led by the game’s Community Manager, Peter Kang, and have quite a bit to share about what you can expect from the expansion’s new features.  Specifically, Tempest of Strife will be adding seven new factions, a weather system, and dynamic events.

Read more of Som Pourfarzaneh's Age of Wushu: Tempest of Strife: Get Ready to Get Schooled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I installed a couple of days ago to prepare for this expansion. I love dynamic weather systems in games and although I did try Wushu before and found it tough to get into, I am hoping to get past that feeling this time. I can't wait until tonight when I can come home from work and check this out.

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198
    This is the day/night cycle expansion?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    How is the community of this game? I got addicted to it when it first launched but it fell off after it became a tad repetitive. Just wondering if there is still a decent enough population to play it and do everything.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Kinado
    This is the day/night cycle expansion?

This is the one brother. The update  that is said to have transformed Wushu from "hey cool game" to an 15 million player industry sensation. 

In fact after this expansion some host went from f2p to straight pay to play.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198
    I've got to wait for the Age of Wulin european version of this, that will take some time...
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Is it true that this game is riddled with hackers ?
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by helthros

yup, thats why i quit playing it.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Yeh.  Also riddled with bots as well.  In fact ESO's bot problem looks like amateur hour compared to Age of Wushu's.  Snail's ability to manage the game is about as on par as Zenimax Online too,..so yeh.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Originally posted by rodingo

Yeh.  Also riddled with bots as well.  In fact ESO's bot problem looks like amateur hour compared to Age of Wushu's.  Snail's ability to manage the game is about as on par as Zenimax Online too,..so yeh.

Staying away then. Thanks for confirming :)

The Chinese players say that this is the expansion that kills the bots. They say that immediately they go down then in about a month another patch comes that eliminates.

What they did was make it so kidnapping does not pay silver (#1 bot income) and then made it so VIP only can farming. Those are the only two ways for bots to make silver.

It will be interesting to see how it goes. It's one of the prettiest and is certainly the most original AAA mmo released in years.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Don't even play the game its advertised as a (Sand Box) MMO, but limits crafting skills unless they have changed this patch where players can master every skill in the game I am not going to even bother with the game because it takes like 5 accounts for me to enjoy the game the way I want to.
    Originally posted by Renoaku
    Don't even play the game its advertised as a (Sand Box) MMO, but limits crafting skills unless they have changed this patch where players can master every skill in the game I am not going to even bother with the game because it takes like 5 accounts for me to enjoy the game the way I want to.

They will never make so you can learn ever manufacturing profession, no way. Crafters are unique in Wushu. You don't go to the same guy for hat as you do your pants. You have your guys for your items. Even the crafters need each other. Black smiths need chiefs to sharpen blades. Tailors need poison makers to coat items and so on. 

Originally posted by bcbully

They will never make so you can learn ever manufacturing profession, no way. Crafters are unique in Wushu. You don't go to the same guy for hat as you do your pants. You have your guys for your items. Even the crafters need each other. Black smiths need chiefs to sharpen blades. Tailors need poison makers to coat items and so on. 

Then they shouldn't advertise the game as a (SandBox) game because its not.

A paid subscribe should be able to have multiple characters on a server, and a game is not a SandBox if it has any type of restrictions.

Did you know that every item is player made? No bosses dropping the sword of awesomness. It has to be made by a crafter. Did you know that no two items are the same? Hey, no worries Wushu is not for everyone.

Did you know that every item is player made? No bosses dropping the sword of awesomness. It has to be made by a crafter. Did you know that no two items are the same? Hey, no worries Wushu is not for everyone.

Which is true, but a True SandBox game doesn't have restrictions and allows players to free switch their skills any time they want as well as Learn every craft in the game, two perfect examples of (True SandBox) games are.

. EVE Online

. Dark Fall Online

Games like Arche Age, and AOW are not SandBox Games.

Don't get me wrong the game has great potential, I like AOW and played it for a month but the false advertisement of the game being a complete SandBox and restrictions drove me away from the game.

Just think of it this way part of a SandBox is to allow players freedom to do whatever they want to do when they want to do it, and for Crafters players like myself who like to make our own stuff in a game it kills the experience for us. Also having such options open to players it also add's players new possibility to play longer in a game to work towards leveling up skills or trades in a game.

Free Markets are also part of a SandBox.

• OniDaimyo77OniDaimyo77 Member CommonPosts: 30

Wait, castrate other players? lol I know the most spammed move in this game I bet. Eunach faction? Um if you leave how exactly do you get back what you lost hmm? And how would you hide THAT little tidbit from another school?

So which faction/moves are the most "ninja"?

• OniDaimyo77OniDaimyo77 Member CommonPosts: 30
    And does anyone know if there is currently or will EVER be a game set in feudal Japan? I'd love to see a game with Samurai, Ninja, Monks, and other things. Legend of the Five Rings would make for a kick ass MMO IMO...

Which is true, but a True SandBox game doesn't have restrictions and allows players to free switch their skills any time they want as well as Learn every craft in the game, two perfect examples of (True SandBox) games are.

. EVE Online

. Dark Fall Online

Games like Arche Age, and AOW are not SandBox Games.

Don't get me wrong the game has great potential, I like AOW and played it for a month but the false advertisement of the game being a complete SandBox and restrictions drove me away from the game.

Did you know that you can learn every skill in the game? Did you know that it is a time based learning system just like EVE? Did you know that Wushu is not a quest to level cap game, in fact you don't even have to do any quest (after tutorial) if you don't want to? 

Wushu is the closest thing the industry has to EVE, but with people. Sorry it doesn't allow you to craft everything at once. You need people and people need you. It's an extremely social game. 

Originally posted by OniDaimyo77

Wait, castrate other players? lol I know the most spammed move in this game I bet. Eunach faction? Um if you leave how exactly do you get back what you lost hmm? And how would you hide THAT little tidbit from another school?

So which faction/moves are the most "ninja"?

Most Ninja is Tangmen. That's what I played here are links to my Tangmen vids Hemlock Super Ninja image

The Eunachs are a clan, not easy to join. It takes like 5 of them performing a ritual on a downed opponent for like 5 mins to make it happen. It's not a button ;). There a good video out there showing a player getting forcefully castrated. I'll try to find.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

The Chinese players say that this is the expansion that kills the bots. They say that immediately they go down then in about a month another patch comes that eliminates.

What they did was make it so kidnapping does not pay silver (#1 bot income) and then made it so VIP only can farming. Those are the only two ways for bots to make silver.

It will be interesting to see how it goes. It's one of the prettiest and is certainly the most original AAA mmo released in years.

Well that's a good step in the right direction.  Now if they could just do more about the hacking issues in terms of their policies and the security. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• sominatorsominator Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by OniDaimyo77
    And does anyone know if there is currently or will EVER be a game set in feudal Japan? I'd love to see a game with Samurai, Ninja, Monks, and other things. Legend of the Five Rings would make for a kick ass MMO IMO...

I would play this game SO MUCH.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I love bots in this game. I like to have criminal levels of infamy, and bots are easy to farm since they instantly respawn when I kill them and head right back for me to kill them again.

I really want to use martial arts that use unorthodox weapons like a fan, ruler, umbrella, and the like. They finally added an unorthodox weapon in the Xu family.

The grind is a bit much in this game. This is a game where you play out a character instead of making alts.

Originally posted by rodingo

Well that's a good step in the right direction.  Now if they could just do more about the hacking issues in terms of their policies and the security. 

I agree 100%  

Even if you load up the launcher you can see a different level of polish to this new version of the game.  I can't say if security is any better or if CS is any better though. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

It isn't riddled with anything, the game is essentialy dead :P

• tttt10tttt10 Member Posts: 1
    pay to win game. you can't play after getting inner skills for meridians. some main events occur only once in a particular time of the day. if you have works you miss them bs piece of trash. those retards had no idea how to make a good game.