Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tell me why AA will be a huge success in the US?

BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
ok i have heard that the russian n asian server are filled with hackers and cheats and its not a secret they just seem to dont care ..and not to mention that even if the russian n asain servers wanted to they cant change anything anyways cuz those companys running it like trion dont have the orginal coding from the makes to do so and they will not release it...now that being said since everyone is having a great time NOW is it because that it hasnt become totally f2p yet? i mean your basicly playing a closed f2p game before they open the doors..what makes you think things will still be "great" and im speaking about the people that h8 to pvp or be ganked cuz atm all that will be on the lower side of gameplay atm cuz when it opens totally f2p there will be tons of it..imo it will be more wild wild west than farmville ..wich imo will be great but not for alot that is currently in a safer mode before it opens its doors...with the cheaters n hackers in other countrys servers why do you think AA will be huge in the US ? i was gonna pay for the early accses but with the vidoes iv seen i dont think id want to pay for a game when im max lvl and gettting 1/2 shotted by a lvl4 ..yes yes i know cheating happens in every game..but when it comes to a open world type "all" pvp game riddled with hackers no one plays it for long and everyone goes on to the next game or old game they were playing...this is a shame iv been waiting for this for alooong time..i still might try it when its free...but i cant see droping money to play a hacked up game but maybe it wont come to that we will have to wait n see but im thinking once it goes f2p ...all bets are off

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Gonna be honest, your post hurts my eyes to try and read so I'll keep my reply short:

It's too early to tell if it's going to be a success or not. If it doesn't generate enough interest as a pure OWPVP game, they will most likely release PvE only servers to combat loss of players. It will most likely stabilize as a niche PvP game.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    I'm sorry to bust your bubble but you shouldn't play any MMO's if your worried about cheaters. There are cheaters in all games for any platform.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Gonna be honest, your post hurts my eyes to try and read so I'll keep my reply short:

It's too early to tell if it's going to be a success or not. If it doesn't generate enough interest as a pure OWPVP game, they will most likely release PvE only servers to combat loss of players. It will most likely stabilize as a niche PvP game.

but did they do this on the russian servers and asain servers?

Originally posted by BurntCabbage
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

but did they do this on the russian servers and asain servers?

The answer is No, it's just wishful thinking.

The best bet is that they will ban the hackers/cheaters in a timely manner.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Honestly, we haven't gotten a good fantasy sandbox or a good asian developed MMO in a while.  I think  AA can pull it off though, everything is looking solid and the market certainly has space for a good sandbox right now.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by General-Zod
    I'm sorry to bust your bubble but you shouldn't play any MMO's if your worried about cheaters. There are cheaters in all games for any platform.

i dont think theres too many people that stay long or play for long if theres alot of nonsence pvp hackers around..this is true about alot of mmorpgs that are even more focused on pvp

Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Honestly, we haven't gotten a good fantasy sandbox or a good asian developed MMO in a while.  I think  AA can pull it off though, everything is looking solid and the market certainly has space for a good sandbox right now.  

yah iv been waiting for a decent sandbox with open world pvp..just hope it does not end up like L2 ..altho L2 wasnt sandboxy

i dont think theres too many people that stay long or play for long if theres alot of nonsence pvp hackers around..this is true about alot of mmorpgs that are even more focused on pvp

True.

PvP is directly effected by hackers and cheaters because the opponent has a direct advantage. Ill arguably make the point that PvP is often where the game is most difficult thus having the demand to make this aspect of the game easy (with hacks). As a PvP'er I agree with you and ill add this it effects us the most.

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198
    No punctuation? No paragraphs? No school?
  • dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

PvP is directly effected by hackers and cheaters because the opponent has a direct advantage. Ill arguably make the point that PvP is often where the game is most difficult thus having the demand to make this aspect of the game easy (with hacks). As a PvP'er I agree with you and ill add this it effects us the most.

It's not the difficulty, it's that gankers hate getting ganked and will do anything to avoid the shame.

Getting crushed by a boss is one thing, getting owned by a human is a blow to the ego.

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    ok i have heard that the russian n asian server are filled with hackers and cheats and its not a secret they just seem to dont care ..and not to mention that even if the russian n asain servers wanted to they cant change anything anyways cuz those companys running it like trion dont have the orginal coding from the makes to do so and they will not release it...now that being said since everyone is having a great time NOW is it because that it hasnt become totally f2p yet? i mean your basicly playing a closed f2p game before they open the doors..what makes you think things will still be "great" and im speaking about the people that h8 to pvp or be ganked cuz atm all that will be on the lower side of gameplay atm cuz when it opens totally f2p there will be tons of it..imo it will be more wild wild west than farmville ..wich imo will be great but not for alot that is currently in a safer mode before it opens its doors...with the cheaters n hackers in other countrys servers why do you think AA will be huge in the US ? i was gonna pay for the early accses but with the vidoes iv seen i dont think id want to pay for a game when im max lvl and gettting 1/2 shotted by a lvl4 ..yes yes i know cheating happens in every game..but when it comes to a open world type "all" pvp game riddled with hackers no one plays it for long and everyone goes on to the next game or old game they were playing...this is a shame iv been waiting for this for alooong time..i still might try it when its free...but i cant see droping money to play a hacked up game but maybe it wont come to that we will have to wait n see but im thinking once it goes f2p ...all bets are off

Because the US runs on liberty, and this game have the components that represents that sense of Liberty, in property, and in justice. LOL, your writing is very very irritating to read, I understand that you're trying your best, maybe not, but please if you're going to write a long ass opinion, make it read-able.

Or have the Americans lost their way? Plus they like to grief. Seriously, there's no seriousness on what I'm writing here.

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Kinado

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK!! I'M DEAD.

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

The one thing we can say with absolute certainty is that you will get your money's worth...

Just in case you aren't aware of this, the game is free to play...

Anything else is a crap shoot... and that applies to any game ever created or will be created.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    ok i have heard...

I starting skimming there, mainly because of that opener, but also because of the layout and grammar.

I picked up something along the way about hacks and cheats though?

I don't know any MMORPG that doesn't have these, yet I see AA constantly attacked for them. Why is this?

It won't be.

As a fan of it, I will say that it will be a solidly performing niche title with a passionate and dedicated player base.

It requires too much investment on the player's part, and lacks a strong enough brand, to be anything else.

I am fine with that though.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

the glory that is phone posting. It turns every post into retard mode.

I agree with people that think this game wont be huge. It will do well and have it's market but there are too many things about it that will drive off the masses. I can't really say that's a bad thing though.

sry for the shotty grammer im at work n on the phone and rattled off at the hip on a rant on something i saw in a video link of AA hacking lol

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    it wont be.. the 2 faction open world PvP system has already failed in 3 zones.. it's not going to magically win in the west.
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

I don't think this game will be a huge success in the US.

I have been following it and I will try it on release.

Unfortunately I don't like the f2p business model for this type of game.

F2p for me means play with your wallet.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

sry for the shotty grammer im at work n on the phone and rattled off at the hip on a rant on something i saw in a video link of AA hacking lol

no problem. I put as much effort into reading your post as you put into writing it.

The rest of the conversation is interesting though. I wonder if this game could work with PVE servers? And I thought the PVP was only restricted to certain zones.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    I've been playing this game for about a week and I must say it's the most fun I've had with a new MMO in years.  It will not be a huge success, and honestly, I hope it doesn't get too big.  It is an investment of time and money most people won't be willing to give up.  It's an awesome game but definately a niche product that a lot of people won't like. 
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Vesavius

It won't be.

As a fan of it, I will say that it will be a solidly performing niche title with a passionate and dedicated player base.

It requires too much investment on the player's part, and lacks a strong enough brand, to be anything else.

I am fine with that though.

has nothing to do with too much investment required or lacking a strong brand.

Its a Korean PvP based game.  The PvE elements probably arent compelling enough to attract a PvE audience willing to put up with the open world PvP aspects of the late game.  Also labor points and an uninteresting item making process along with the PvP will limit the amount of die hard crafters.

I think it will be the most successful korean game in the west (not that there is any competition for that) and do well as a niche title, but it wont be a 'huge success'.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I haven't played the alpha a ton yet. But it is growing on me. The graphics aren't nearly as good as I thought based on videos and yes I do play on max. Animations and what not are lacking but graphics are not everything.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Because it's a unique experience and it is begging for role play - Actual role play is missing from today's gaming culture but with the nature of AA - i can see people actually role playing more.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by maybebaked
    I've been playing this game for about a week and I must say it's the most fun I've had with a new MMO in years.  It will not be a huge success, and honestly, I hope it doesn't get too big.  It is an investment of time and money most people won't be willing to give up.  It's an awesome game but definately a niche product that a lot of people won't like. 

yeah i played for almost 2 months on russian servers... the thrill fades very quickly.

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I honestly don't care if it's a huge success.  I'll be happy with a well populated server.  I'm enjoying this game more than an MMO for the past 7+ years.  So much to see and do....