Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad Mcquaid looted 45k of the crowdfunding

LocithonLocithon Member UncommonPosts: 45

The reason why the entire dev team left was because Brad, without telling anyone, took 45k of the ~150k upfront to "pay bills". When it was announced the money had ran out the dev team (according to Silius) were shocked because they thought they had at least another 2 months to keep working on the project until real funding was found.

This has since been deleted off the facebook page. (Danielle is the wife of one of the devs - Vhalen)

Everyone jumped ship when they learned what Brad did which is why he is now seeking out volunteers to work on the project.

Comments

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Epic drop, I guess.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

looks like your picture is broken.  Got any screen shots?  This may get interesting.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I know someone out there is saying I Told YOU SO! Brad is someone you just can't trust.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• LocithonLocithon Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by cnutemp

looks like your picture is broken.  Got any screen shots?  This may get interesting.

The picture shows up for me, anyone else not see it?

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    It was a 3 month salary advance when he assumed the money would come in from an investor that didn't come through. Sad situatuon.
  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Here's my shocked face. It was said most of that was spent on "medical expenses". Must have been one hell of a pill party.

http://segmentnext.com/2014/05/05/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen-dev-accused-taking-crowd-funds-personal-use/

Story that contains the FB post.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Locithon

Save the picture and upload it somewhere else. It's still in your cache.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don't. Might be because I run Opera as browser though, sometimes some explorer scripts mess up on Opera and Chrome.

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Shocker ! Lmao.

looks like a browser issue, works in ie but not in chrome.

disregard looks like its working in chrome now too.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    What crowdfunding are you talking about? The independent crowdfunding that they were doing on their own? Nothing came of the Kickstarter, right? So they never actually saw a dime of that money. I'm assuming this was the first party funding they were doing? Sad, sad, state if that's the case. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

*Gasp*

Nobody saw this coming...

Er, maybe there's a perfectly good explanation for all this. Brad probably has several good explanations.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Prhyme
    It was a 3 month salary advance when he assumed the money would come in from an investor that didn't come through. Sad situatuon.

So he thinks he deserves a 180k salary with no results?  Fucking bullshit for a game that has yet to deliver anything.

And... is that even legal to take money out of the crowdfunding?  Thought that was untouchable for people just to pull money  and jump ship and hopefully this goes to court since some are calling it embezzlement.

And they were relying a single person to clear it with their trust?  Is McWhatever fucking retarded?  I am no buisness person but I have the common sense to know that sounds incredibly sketchy and only a fool would count on that money... it was a trust fund for christs sakes.  Prolly some trust fund baby and coodos to the guy denying it.

Volunteers with no pay if any.... yeah that's gonna work all right....

But I do feel truly sorry for the victims of the team that were putting forth honest work though.  Still.... this is why you work in jobs that have security and if your gonna do something like this then don't giver up working until you have that gurantee of financial security with the work.  People took a gamble and lost, repeat of people putting everything into stocks and then lo and behold they lose everything when it crashes down and they have nothing in actual security funds.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

so who are  you? Why post here? Well they cant answer back so you can say anything you want. That said..I would keep my money the past speaks very clearly.  Still no reason to bash or make fun of someone that you KNOW wont answer back..

Its  a chicken "blank" way of doing things. People do this all the time. They talk when your not looking yet to your face its all nice and OMG your the best ever!  haha

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Brad missed his calling, he should have been a banker. At least then when he performs poorly and the company does horribly  he gets a massive multi-million dollar bonus and a retirement fund better than most people's entire lives worth of earning capacity.
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    What crowdfunding are you talking about? The independent crowdfunding that they were doing on their own? Nothing came of the Kickstarter, right? So they never actually saw a dime of that money. I'm assuming this was the first party funding they were doing? Sad, sad, state if that's the case. 

https://www.pantheonrotf.com

After the KS they set up a website where people could donate, they pulled in 150k from roughly ~1,500 people.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    woo man. Stories like this could have a chilling effect on KS funding. I suspect the hands of Big MMO in this conspiracy! cuo bono?
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Man gotta eat folks, what's the beef?
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Archlyte
    woo man. Stories like this could have a chilling effect on KS funding. I suspect the hands of Big MMO in this conspiracy! cuo bono?

IDK, KS is a completely different process, right? You aren't charged unless it's successful, whereas a first party crowdfunding solution opens up all sorts of doors for stuff like this.

Last nail in the coffin for Brad? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by Zeblade

so who are  you? Why post here? Well they cant answer back so you can say anything you want. That said..I would keep my money the past speaks very clearly.  Still no reason to bash or make fun of someone that you KNOW wont answer back..

Its  a chicken "blank" way of doing things. People do this all the time. They talk when your not looking yet to your face its all nice and OMG your the best ever!  haha

Who am I? I was one of the many that supported this project at the beginning. There are some of us that want to see a hardcore PvE game where you don't solo quest to max level. Brad used that enthusiasm to get some decent crowdfunding going only to stab the community and the developers in the back.

Brad is perfectly capable of addressing this. He was posting on almost every MMO message board during the KS campaign.

• So he's a ninja?

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Former drug addict takes $45,000 to fund "medical expenses" and pay his personal bills at the expense of employees and crowdfunding supporters. I hate to laugh because I feel terrible for the people affected (minus Brad) but I just can't help myself. I have a Crayola-level understanding of the legalities of this, but it seems extremely suspect to me. Can't he be held accountable by the law for doing such an irresponsible thing? 
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Hopefully he gets sued or something for breaking the contract he had with kickstarter and his donators.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    It depends where the 45k actually went. You could easily spend 45k legitimately for a starting MMO. Knowing Brad's history it was likely wasted in some way but technically we don't really have the whole story.
This discussion has been closed.