Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOVE the game BUT...i cancelled my sub for the following reasons

mmorpgolstimermmorpgolstimer Member UncommonPosts: 22

i bought the game to try it out, Lucky me i had to get a new graph card cuz my old one wasnt enough

finished it in around 2 months with the spare time i had to play in it...

THEN the fun started.....open wowish style!

1- the game went stupid with 2.2 release where people who were decked out in item level 90 gears were WILLINGLY chain wiping the raid on hard mode primal or bahamuths coil turn 1-5 to get a 50% hp mana dmg stats boost to make this even more easy..yeah right  coil and [primal hard mode are already easy witout the echo buff....

2- you can only have 450 of the new tomes per week... was the same before 2.2 BUT with mythology so if you have a char with all classes at 50 gona take ya for ever to gear them in end content gears....and of course turn 6 to 9 are one week lock out EXACTLY like wow .. so its 2-3 days of heavy grinding for the rest of the week with nothing to do and PVP in FF14 is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYYYUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!

3- the game itself i have no complains the concept is incredible and i enjoyed it from start to end but after that it just gets plain stupid since its a mashed up version of wow raid line gw2 leveling sync and everquest quest lines. BUT still this game mixes all 3 of those games perfectly exept for the pvp that need to be remade into something more enjoyable.

average HP of a tank in mythology tome gears and +1 relics is around 6.7k 8k hp for a paladin and around 10-11k hp for a warrior.... on echo 50%  its around 10k for a paladin and 15k for a warrior.... yeah i know it sounds great but WTH is wrong with you the places where echo is active are already easy to do with 6k hp for a tank and with ONE healer for hard mode titan and 2 healers for coil. IF you are decked out in mythology tome items WITH the +1 relic and you still need to get a 50% hp mana stats dmg increase to kill something that already easy you dont need a buff! you need to learn to play the game or go back to diablo 1 to understand what rpgs are

Comments

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

There is some misinformation in this post, so I'd like to clarify for others.

First of all, coil does not grant echo upon wiping after 3+ minutes into the encounter. Coil has a static echo buff that is applied upon entering and does not increase. This is only for turns 1 through 5 in the first coil. At the time of writing this, the static increase in Coils is 15% echo, no more and no less.

Secondly, I've never seen a group willing wipe on Hard modes or EX mode primals because of the aforementioned 3+ minute timer to even get echo. You would have to wipe for a solid 15 minutes to get the full echo....all of those fights can be cleared in under 15 minutes if the group knows what they are doing. If they can't clear it in that time, then they are the demographic that could benefit from echo.

Your 2nd point is valid, so nothing to dispute there, although most people would be lucky to get to the second coils because a lot are still stuck behind 1st coil turn 5 still.

• mmorpgolstimermmorpgolstimer Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

There is some misinformation in this post, so I'd like to clarify for others.

First of all, coil does not grant echo upon wiping after 3+ minutes into the encounter. Coil has a static echo buff that is applied upon entering and does not increase. This is only for turns 1 through 5 in the first coil. At the time of writing this, the static increase in Coils is 15% echo, no more and no less.

Secondly, I've never seen a group willing wipe on Hard modes or EX mode primals because of the aforementioned 3+ minute timer to even get echo. You would have to wipe for a solid 15 minutes to get the full echo....all of those fights can be cleared in under 15 minutes if the group knows what they are doing. If they can't clear it in that time, then they are the demographic that could benefit from echo.

Your 2nd point is valid, so nothing to dispute there, although most people would be lucky to get to the second coils because a lot are still stuck behind 1st coil turn 5 still.

you have never been into a PUG then xD  last time i went into coil and hard mode titan peopel chain wipe ONLY to get the echo... CAN WE ALL AGREE THAT coil 1-3( i will give you that coil 4-5 can be one nasty bitch to clean) AND HM TITAN is a retard mode WITHOUT echo?!?! now imagine how freakingly lame of a player you need to be if your group is decked out  in CT and myth//coil 1-5 and still needs the echo to get it done?!?!

and one point i missed thats VERY important : THERES NO SHARED BANK or ways to send items//gils to your alts. YOU have to OWN a 2nd account, in case you wish to make a " banker toon" or another character if you like to have various chars to play with,  to send stuff FROM your main TO your alt BY sending mail FROM your main account  TO your secondary accounts mains so that the 2nd account can mail it to your alt =,=  OH btw if you try to put something for sale on the market board YOU pay fee to put it, YOu pay fees to buy and YOu pay fees when your item is sold..... one thing: dont come and tell me that you can always get the pay per month 3rd retainer ... 13$ a month is already enough no need to spend make it 15$ with the 3rd retainer.

• LimitationsLimitations Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I have had no problems with pugs, on any HM, or EX titans. Coil is a different story. Also, I have had no problem with the "banking" system this game has. I do love the echo buffs, but I haven't been in one where they go straight to the echo. If you love the game keep playing it, but I find these reasons to be so silly to cancel.

Who said this won't be perfect after all we know what is right
    And the sounds of bodies clashing is enough to make them cry.
    You know this cannot be perfect even when it is feeling right.
    And the sound of bodies crashing echo through the night.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Yeah, definitely silly reasons but to each their own.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

Final Fantasy 14 ARR is the most solid MMO to come out for a long while. Although people will have their own frustrations and niggles with any game, if you are enjoying it then I don't think cancelling is right for you. Unless you are cancelling to go elsewhere, then each to their own. 

2.3 is on the horizon in June which will bring more content including turn 2 of CT which will feature lots of Final Fantasy monsters of old. So, exciting times for me. Very much still enjoying this game :)

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I played the first few months and had fun with my guild (who still plays). Then it became a forced login to do dailies and daily roulette and scheduled raids...basically all the reasons I stopped playing lotro and wow. So I stopped playing this as well for that reason.
  • mmorpgolstimermmorpgolstimer Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Tsumoro

Final Fantasy 14 ARR is the most solid MMO to come out for a long while. Although people will have their own frustrations and niggles with any game, if you are enjoying it then I don't think cancelling is right for you. Unless you are cancelling to go elsewhere, then each to their own. 

level sync = guild wars 2

coil lock out for a week = world of failcrap

economy = not going to get on that

lack of shared bank and no possible way to send items//money to your alts = squaresoft epic limit break move for the game.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Well sorry to hear that some bad people caused you to leave the game. If you really enjoy the game I would suggest sticking around or at least coming back in a patch or 2 and maybe join a very casual free company take your time and enjoy the games other options. Unless nothing but endgame interests you.

not sure if you read his post?

Bad game design caused him to leave the game, the myth cap, the echo buff.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Well sorry to hear that some bad people caused you to leave the game. If you really enjoy the game I would suggest sticking around or at least coming back in a patch or 2 and maybe join a very casual free company take your time and enjoy the games other options. Unless nothing but endgame interests you.

not sure if you read his post?

Bad game design caused him to leave the game, the myth cap, the echo buff.

Where is the bad game design?

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105

A lot of the good geared people I've seen do hard mode would rather just kill the bosses in one shot rather than waste their time trying to get an echo buff. You also get the echo buff automatically in Coil so there is no point in wiping intentionally.

The echo buff also won't help people with dive bombs, twisters, and landslides.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

I've never seen anyone intentionally wipe on Primals to get the Echo buff.

I've been in plenty of groups where people can't dodge or learn the ability rotations of the bosses, so they die constantly.  25% or 50% buff will not fix this.

Sounds like everything else is a system decision you don't like and is something not likely to change, so if those things bother you that much you're probably better off unsubbing.

With the next patch things will kind have come full circle for this game.  Challenging Raid Content > Easier Raid Content with new dungeons and rehashed Hard Mode dungeons > Challenging Raid content with new dungeons and rehashed Hard Mode dungeons > repeat.  And that doesn't include all of the brand new systems they introduce with each patch.  (Treasure Hunting, Beastmen Dailies, Ventures, new Gathering and Crafting items and recipes which raise the ceiling on those respective classes, etc.)