Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just wanted to share my loneliness..

MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

i've been playing GW2 for a while now and here's the thing

Does anyone feel "alone", like me? I've been feeling alone in this game alot;

There is an "artificial breathing, living world" that keeps repeating and repeating itself like a machine who's programmed to breathe.Events that leads to nothing or something that everyone's been through.A story manupilated in the way that tries to make you feel you are in control or chained somehow to that previous event that everybody completed and got that rare backpiece item before you did.More content drives you more and more out of the road of your character.Dungeons with mathematically discovered spots that the boss cant hit you there.Barren world full of bodies try to get that 5 achievement points just to get the shoulderpad reward that everybody is wearing, hours of playtime just to get that dye that everybody is using and guilds run as chickens and then never seeing each other again.One viable choice in a class that forces you to build that way otherwise you're screwed, a big instance they call world versus world, running barren accomplishing nothing other then makin your computer heated over dozens of character animations and not having a single taste of pvp etc, etc...

And weapon skills? Does that even makes sense to you? Hours and hours of playtime with only bunch of skills to tinker with and im not even mentioning the trait system.

How did it come  to this? I remember the glorious days set by UO, SWG, Shadowbane which gave you the feeling that you are a player of a MMORPG actually.

This is not a MMORPG.This is a well-done single player-co-op game with no decent taste of a Massively Multiplayer game.Dont get me wrong, not only this game is like that.Every game out there is like this and with the hopes of EQN went down i just wanted to see what do you think out there?

I see those things as an insult.To us, to everyone pours money into games branded under MMORPG games.I just wish the community of MMORPG gamers to wake up and soon,.Seeing those good old UO'ers or sandboxers sits in the appearance of a chicken, forgetting what they had played in the past and manipulated by words and promises that've been given.

Gw2 is the best out there.But its far far far away from a MMORPG.And as i stay as a chicken on some of the maps that i've been running with my guild to get the chest that gives more pink crap, i've been thinking about my past days, spent hours on nothing and the mild taste of stupidity those things brings..

beLIEve

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

The title talks about loneliness, so I figured this would be a post about the isolation during events.

But instead you bring up that you don't like the system of weapon skills / traits / pvp, etc.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Harbinger of Fools
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I feel ya on the feeling in the world.. That's why I left. I played for about two months and quit, then tried again after some time had passed only to confirm that this is the most antisocial game ever. I mean, I play in more groups in TOR then this game. People just seem to want to roll through shit at break neck speed and don't have time to talk.. Or group lol.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I agree that GW2 sometimes feels more like a co op game then a MMORPG, if looking just from a community perspective anyway. A guild doesn't even have a guildhall, just a shared chatroom and this is as far as it goes.

Anyone without a guild, will only see LFG chat in cities and barely see a soul, unless you are willing to stop at a bank. If you are travelling through a city, players load way after you are gone. The playerculling in cities is ridiculous for a MMO.

These things together and the business type approach of group content with all the LFG spam, makes GW2 feel more like a lobby game.

But this is just when looking from a community perspective. The world, RvR and dynamic events obviously makes it a MMO.

This is a trend though. Most mainstream MMO's feel this way. It is as if there is a lot more communication between players in niche MMO's.

• wesmowesmo Member Posts: 60
    There is no need to interact and socialize in GW2, because you can do most of the thing by yourself. Dungeons pugs do not heal as you only get group member from another server. People don't talk to each other even inside the guild where everybody is doing its own thing. That is sad. There is no need to hunt for end game armor and weapons because they are actually easy to get soloing. The stuff that you really want request a lot of solo grinding. Anet has failed on the social aspects of the game. 
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    My question is why are you playing it?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Its just another themepark and you cant have a living world in a themepark.  I don't care how much they say they will update the game and make it into one.
  • SJStrikersSJStrikers Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by Megilindir

i've been playing GW2 for a while now and here's the thing

Does anyone feel "alone", like me? I've been feeling alone in this game alot;

There is an "artificial breathing, living world" that keeps repeating and repeating itself like a machine who's programmed to breathe.Events that leads to nothing or something that everyone's been through.A story manupilated in the way that tries to make you feel you are in control or chained somehow to that previous event that everybody completed and got that rare backpiece item before you did.More content drives you more and more out of the road of your character.Dungeons with mathematically discovered spots that the boss cant hit you there.Barren world full of bodies try to get that 5 achievement points just to get the shoulderpad reward that everybody is wearing, hours of playtime just to get that dye that everybody is using and guilds run as chickens and then never seeing each other again.One viable choice in a class that forces you to build that way otherwise you're screwed, a big instance they call world versus world, running barren accomplishing nothing other then makin your computer heated over dozens of character animations and not having a single taste of pvp etc, etc...

And weapon skills? Does that even makes sense to you? Hours and hours of playtime with only bunch of skills to tinker with and im not even mentioning the trait system.

How did it come  to this? I remember the glorious days set by UO, SWG, Shadowbane which gave you the feeling that you are a player of a MMORPG actually.

This is not a MMORPG.This is a well-done single player-co-op game with no decent taste of a Massively Multiplayer game.Dont get me wrong, not only this game is like that.Every game out there is like this and with the hopes of EQN went down i just wanted to see what do you think out there?

I see those things as an insult.To us, to everyone pours money into games branded under MMORPG games.I just wish the community of MMORPG gamers to wake up and soon,.Seeing those good old UO'ers or sandboxers sits in the appearance of a chicken, forgetting what they had played in the past and manipulated by words and promises that've been given.

Gw2 is the best out there.But its far far far away from a MMORPG.And as i stay as a chicken on some of the maps that i've been running with my guild to get the chest that gives more pink crap, i've been thinking about my past days, spent hours on nothing and the mild taste of stupidity those things brings..

Yeah the game is lonely/boring. I miss Shadowbane and Dark Age of Camelot for sure. The level 80 pvp SUCKS with no pve gear allowed to go in and AUTO level 80, as well as a really boring PVE kill it for me.... I might hop on every now and then but wont play it until they change some things. Who said I wanted to be level 80 and have that gear for pvp!! Nuff said.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol the game is over a year old, same points were made at start. My advice, don't worry if it's a mmorg or not (I agree about social issues). Just play it as a coorg, and if you don't have fun- stop playing and play a game you do enjoy - not everything needs to be moaned about in a forum (especially when it's old old news)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

This discussion has been closed.