Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archage plagued with Hacks and Bots

Comments

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

There aren't a lot of bots, if any in alpha.  

As for the hacks/bugs (lol kraken vid) I wouldn't worry too much, not hard to take care of by release. 

The game is already released.  The hacks arent something new to the western version.

The 'this is alpha' really only applies to things like the korean cutscenes and any balance tweaks they have done.  Mechanically its pretty much the same game as whats been live for over a year.

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by V-Salubri

Yeesh.. With WS's frequent disconnects and poor engine optimization (the latter would have been fixed by now if it was going to be) and now the revelation that AA is rampant with Hackers and Bots..  the ESO Hate Union may start having a difficult time. 

And please.. pretty please.. don't try to play the "Beta" card.  Responses like that are just sad at this point.

I wouldn't think this was so funny if there hadn't been such an insane amount of (mostly unfounded) hate against ESO.  I generally wish good luck to all games, whether I am interested in them or not.. But lately it's difficult to support people when they bash ESO (many of whom make it obvious they haven't played or played a single beta weekend).

So wtg jackasses.  Best of luck with your "better" games.

ok, I'll bite...    

So I played 3 ESO Beta Weekends and had numerous characters over 20th.   I bought game at launch and played for two weeks and did lots of Cyrodiil.  So I am not some random from the ESO Hate Union but just another person that finds the game adequate at best, buggy and boring at worst.   The phasing system is lousy,  stuck at loading screens for hours, group PvE play is almost ignored completely, PvP / Seiging is so fleeting and inconsequential that it laughable, harvest hacking and duping and animation interupt skill stacking is common...

For me its nice to see an  ESO FanBoi feeling threatened by Alpha and Beta MMOs because it gives me hope that maybe something worth playing will come out soon.

Best of Luck with ESO,  I am sure it will get better with time.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    im glad i caught the OP links on the hacking..saved me some cash and now i cant possibly see how they can stop this landslide when it goes f2p ..they would have to change codeing wich trion does not have and wont be changed imo if they havent attempted to do in russia / korea ...id hate to be max lvl after a week in this game out farming or doing something then BLAM! 1 shotted by a lvl4 or not being able to catch him with his speed hax..was thinking of doing the 150$ but more thinking on settleing on the 50-70$ package but now i think ill sit back and watch as i eat my popcorn to see how things go when its f2p
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Relax OP everything is under control and is going to be just fine.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If you log into an mmo and it doesn't have bots or gold spammers at launch day...you're not really playing an mmo.

If you log into a pvp game and everyone isn't shouting OMG HACK!!! you're not really playing a pvp game.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Originally posted by Covet78
    Originally posted by V-Salubri

Yeesh.. With WS's frequent disconnects and poor engine optimization (the latter would have been fixed by now if it was going to be) and now the revelation that AA is rampant with Hackers and Bots..  the ESO Hate Union may start having a difficult time. 

And please.. pretty please.. don't try to play the "Beta" card.  Responses like that are just sad at this point.

I wouldn't think this was so funny if there hadn't been such an insane amount of (mostly unfounded) hate against ESO.  I generally wish good luck to all games, whether I am interested in them or not.. But lately it's difficult to support people when they bash ESO (many of whom make it obvious they haven't played or played a single beta weekend).

So wtg jackasses.  Best of luck with your "better" games.

Alpha state games = unfinished product. Features missing, Many bugs and problems. Goals of alpha state games are to implement designed features and ensure game runs in a playable state. 

Beta state games = Finished feature set. Many bugs. Beta is for squashing bugs. Bug bugs bugs.. Lots of bugs. Beta's supposed to last as long as is needed to squash the many bugs.

So in your opinion, neither an alpha nor a beta state game is for squashing bugs. When are the bugs supposed to be squashed? pre-alpha? So dev's are supposed to be spending their time squashing bugs in a game that doesn't have many tester to find them, nor even 50% of the features even implemented yet to see what bugs come up?

Wildstar this weekend had one day of d/c's that was fixed in the evening eastern time. A new bug popped up, in a game that is free to play currently during it's beta weekends. I haven't paid a penny and i've been playing every beta weekend. Optimization isn't finished. Dev's communicate strongly with their player base. Not my fault you don't read what they are writing or even pretending to follow the games development.

AA's alpha might be a big misleading. Should be in a beta state. Features are in, bugs in western translation need to be fixed. IMO the $150 alpha is nothing more then a cash grab. If there wasn't already a Korean and russian version available for awhile now, in no way should the game be considered alpha. That is not the technical term. So you got it right for AA, but for wildstar, get your facts straight.

you cant really call a game thats 2 years out an alpha...its just re localization

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Please understand, if there are hackers and botters in Korean version every other ported version will be open to the same exploits. The only people that can fix the issue is the original developer not the publisher who is releasing it for their localities. The Korean version is the priority and if I was to go by the history of most Asian/Korean mmorpgs don't hold your breath.  First they have to fix their version, then we have to wait until they're good and ready to take care of the other ports.

Also, what is it with Asian mmorpgs and storing sensitive game information client side?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    i dont think you can fix bots...i dont see how...unless you implement a mechanic that checks if characters repeat the same things over and over again and bans them autimatically hitting a lot of people in the process as well...
  • stealth977stealth977 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I played the game for 4 months on Korean servers and I am also an experienced programmer. The game has very good protection against all types of hacks and bots so the videos you linked to may be from a pre-protection area. For example all types of macro utilities fail to work while game is running...

The game also has in-game protections, if you are marked as a bot by multiple players, you need to go visit a certain NPC to prove you are not a bot, in a given time frame, or you get penalty/banned...

That being said, the game is vulnerable to KERNEL MODE drivers, so if you are an experienced hacker and can code your own kernel mode mouse and keyboard drivers, it is possible that you can make a macro/bot work. 

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

There aren't a lot of bots, if any in alpha.  

As for the hacks/bugs (lol kraken vid) I wouldn't worry too much, not hard to take care of by release. 

Im pretty sure it will be hard, if it wasnt- XLGames would have gone with all the things serverside. 

And noone is stupid risking a bann after paying 150 dollar for a game for making a bot- they wait till it goes f2p.

If no one is stupid enough and you acknowledge I was correct why did you put bots in your title then? 

Chris - for gods sake: You need to pay 150 dollar to enter alpha! The hackshield released needs to bypassed first to use the bot. Bots are maybe not that common in alpha because for most players 150 dollars are not worth the hassle- since in the end everything will be deleted. And in the end its your time you invest for nothing. But i think there are no bots yet in us version because you need to pay to enter the game. All other versions are f2p and FULL OF BOTS.

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by fhnw1988
    Maybe i just want to inform the consumer to be aware whats goin on behind the curtain. Nothing is wrong with that

Ah so you're one of those preachers who know better than us what's good for us?

I'll take care of that myself, thank you very much.

Thats your own personal opinion, i think alot of people deserve to know how broken the client is. Im not here to stop anybody play the game, i will play it too in mid summer!

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Don't believe the BS, the game in Korea and Russia are filled with bots, there are even some on the Japanese version are you rarely see cheaters there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVNON_xE4Uk

The entire panel on the right is filled with recent hack videos for the RU version and you can find the same for the Korean version as well.

And anyone that has played Rift can tell you about Trions history of not being able to stop bots.

• PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Member UncommonPosts: 35
    been playin it and having a blast wooottt
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Originally posted by stealth977

I played the game for 4 months on Korean servers and I am also an experienced programmer. The game has very good protection against all types of hacks and bots so the videos you linked to may be from a pre-protection area. For example all types of macro utilities fail to work while game is running...

The game also has in-game protections, if you are marked as a bot by multiple players, you need to go visit a certain NPC to prove you are not a bot, in a given time frame, or you get penalty/banned...

That being said, the game is vulnerable to KERNEL MODE drivers, so if you are an experienced hacker and can code your own kernel mode mouse and keyboard drivers, it is possible that you can make a macro/bot work. 

The OP is just trying to help them not flame them . Also do a search on google about : Archeage korean version is there bots 2014. And look at the result and youtube vids that will pop up. It is full of them.

There is also other website that offer bots or programs or even guides or exploits to major mmorpg's. The thing is when some said that if it is like that in korea or japan then we must wait for them to fix the issue first, well it is true. Publisher can not mess with the codes themself. They are bound by a contract and must respect it. They can only translate text and/or subtitle in vids, quest etc. and voice in vids.

The coding itself of the game is made by the original devs not the publisher even the patches you will get in the future are made by them not the publisher. 

Again i am not bashing or flaming this game it is very good but we are saying that if you are going to play this game then expect to see lots of bots or gold spamers in it.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    I can't say if AA has more bots than other mmo's, but they ALL have them. Are you saying that AA has more bots than other mmo's?
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Binafus
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I don't care if the OP has an agenda or whatever.. everything they are saying is true and is a serious problem. And what can we do about it?? Absolutely nothing.. Trion isn't making this game and all these problems have existed for over a year in the live version (taking money and no character wipe = live). These aren't beta issues, this is a take it or leave it kind of deal.

There will be a character wipe, you get a four day head start for buying Beta or Alpha you do not get to keep your characters.

So AA is in no way live.

I was talking about the game being live in other regions. Stop pulling at straws. I know exactly what I'm talking about. They haven't started redeveloping the game.. these problems are not new and unique to our localised version.

If people think Trion has some control over changing the fundamental game and code design then you've got another thing coming. Even if they did manage to help get these things fixed, they won't even know about 90% of the problems until they declare live since they've put a (high) price on the most important testing phase. You know.. since Alpha is the new beta and beta is the new open beta and open beta is the new launch and launch means hardly any more updates.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

The amount of "La la la cant hear you la la la theres nothing wrong" is amazing.

Trion would have to reprogram the game and make everything thats client side be server side instead.

That would not be easy nor done quickly. It would take months to reprogram the game then the changes would have to be extensively tested to make sure they didnt screw the game up more than what it already was.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

The amount of "La la la cant hear you la la la theres nothing wrong" is amazing.

Trion would have to reprogram the game and make everything thats client side be server side instead.

That would not be easy nor done quickly. It would take months to reprogram the game then the changes would have to be extensively tested to make sure they didnt screw the game up more than what it already was.

Question:  Did you read the thread OP linked?

Question: Did you do any research on this subject before making these assertions?

It seems that there are actually a lot of hack detection programs in place in the current live version of the game, and that perhaps a big reason for the Alpha / Beta phase of the US version is to custom tailor a patch for the NA version that includes all the quality of life changes and hack / bot fixes that are in the later patches of the Korean / Russian versions of the game, minus some of the progression so they can save that for progressing their game at a similar rate it was when it was released in Korea.

That is what one would have gathered if they had done the research and read the threads.

It seems you didn't, no offense.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Question: Did you do any research on this subject before making these assertions?

It seems that there are actually a lot of hack detection programs in place in the current live version of the game, and that perhaps a big reason for the Alpha / Beta phase of the US version is to custom tailor a patch for the NA version that includes all the quality of life changes and hack / bot fixes that are in the later patches of the Korean / Russian versions of the game, minus some of the progression so they can save that for progressing their game at a similar rate it was when it was released in Korea.

That is what one would have gathered if they had done the research and read the threads.

All you've explained there is that the problems do exist and they are 'trying' to catch people for it instead of removing the problems in the first place. A bot/hack detector is not a 'fix'. Hacks are the real problem, bots exist in every MMO.. but hacks do not.

Which is why the problems should be discussed and people have a right to be concerned.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

There is a pretty long thread on the official forums about the issues with bots/hacks/spammers etc. The Trion GM has made it clair that they are aware of the issues.

Ofc this has been said by many before, but I atleast will give them a chance to correct the issue before going bananas.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

All you've explained there is that the problems do exist and they are 'trying' to catch people for it instead of removing the problems in the first place. A bot/hack detector is not a 'fix'. Hacks are the real problem, bots exist in every MMO.. but hacks do not.

Which is why the problems should be discussed and people have a right to be concerned.

And usually by the time a dev team is working on a form of bot detection, botters are usually already ahead of the dev team and ready for it. Sure the number of bots will drop by a bit for a while, but they will still be there and slowly start coming back.

It's kinda like securing a building. Sure you can keep adding locks and security pads, but the thieves will still get in if they want to, and the only person really hindered by this increase in security is the property owner who forgot to bring their keys or can't remember the security combination...

The hacks and bots are pretty rampant in the Korean and Russian versions of the game, but that doesn't always mean it will be as bad in the NA version (depending on how much action/how fast Trion can respond to it)

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Every Korean game I have ever played, or game from that neck of the woods, has had a very large botting population.  I remember playing Silkroad Online and there being more bots than actual players at one point in time. 
  • ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
    BOY O BOY! i cant wait for this game to launch and all the butt hurt F2P ppl start whinning about why they cant builld, wny is there labor points taking forever to accumulate and so forth....hahahah F2p MY ASS
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

LOL, the game is in alpha and we already have doom and gloom posts I mean COME ON........

Every game has bots it's all in how they handle them come release...... I see no sign of Trion just letting the bots run rampant, I mean why bother with the title just to let it go down the toilet with bots and hacks? As far as my knowledge Trion has always been one of the better MMO companies so why ruin it with this mess?

And the good news here is they still have time to deal with it the game probably wont be out at least for a couple months if not more....

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
    BOY O BOY! i cant wait for this game to launch and all the butt hurt F2P ppl start whinning about why they cant builld, wny is there labor points taking forever to accumulate and so forth....hahahah F2p MY ASS. The RU and KO versions are both free to plaly yes...but in the free to play version u cant build or do anything besides grind n quest....have fun F2P ppl....youll lall be subbers in the end! and yes i am aware u can do everythign in current allpha.....but how elsle r they gonna test everything before launch? gotta make shur everythign works great for launch day so that sub fee is worth it!