Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite class in mmorpg game?

Comments

• stonebrickstonebrick Member Posts: 5
    Mostly the physical attack/melee type is the easiest to begin with so I go with that.
  • spade312spade312 Member Posts: 10
    Assassin for me.  Being able to sneak around and just 1v whatever is always immersive to me and just makes gameplay fun.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Archer
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Warlock but if that isnt an option a heavy cc class is fine.
  • TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

Anything that allows me to either bash open skulls or slice off limbs.

Blood . . . BLOOD! Muahahaha!

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by PieRad

Archer (without pets!)

Can't stand having some pet follow me, and do half of my total damage..

Archers are great, hunters are bad.

Ditto

• KhyrusKhyrus Member Posts: 2

something like a caster using projectiles attacks... or physics. you know, making projectiles and shooting them, in fantasy thats rare, but in sci-fy! just georgous!

if there is nothing like that, mostly hybrid classes, where they can off-tank/off-heal, support in a active kind of way. its dependant of game mechanics.

actually roleplaying... well, "physics"/dark arts caster or bandit/fury warriors

• glideleafglideleaf Member Posts: 5

That depends:

If the gameplay is point and click, I use a ranged class.

If the classses are gender-locked I use a male class that's not a magic type, probably either a melee or ranged class.

If the gameplay is action, I use a melee class.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I prefer shapeshifters and pet users.  Not because the animal aspect is super-awesome (animals are kinda cool but not my favorite thing ever).  I like them because shapeshifters are (or should be) about a creative-problem-solving style of play, and pet users are (or should be) about a tactical or strategic style of play (since you're controlling at least two units you're kind of like a one-person dungeon party).  I also like a trap/invisibility/paralysis spell type of combat if you can actually do anything interesting with it.  Any class where I'm not just hitting things over and over, whether with a melee weapon, arrows, direct-damage spells, or healing spells, ugh so boring.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • VeqsirVeqsir Member Posts: 2
    I definitely prefer Archer, headshoooot!
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

Male Warrior (2H, heavy armor physical damage melee)

Female Cleric (heavy armor healer/support)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I prefer to not have classes.  Let me level up the skills I want by using them. 

I think I just had an "I miss DFO" moment there.  Need coffee.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Tank or DPS. I hate that people expect the tank to lead though. I can hold aggro but I hate being the one to lead.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    My ideal class was the gravity/empathy controller in City of Heroes. You get a healer and controller .Was so busy in every group loved it . Or alternatively the gadgets corruptor or mastermind in City of Villains. Yes such a waste that game shutdown. Stupid decision.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Fire mage in WoW before it was nerfed into uselessness.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Healer - in order of preference

Cleric - Aion

Mystic - Tera

then some others from past games - wow, swtor, ffxiv

• Osk65Osk65 Member Posts: 2

I try and rotate round what type of charcter i play , if i try a new game ill usually try something i havent played before.

If i play a game a lot though i tend to go for healer if its available

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I really like support roles.  

I tend to play a healer in PvP and the controler/support/healer in groups.  I tanked a whole hell of a lot in many MMOs as well so I usually have a tanky character as well.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • tandalovetandalove Member Posts: 6

I prefer to play the harlot or the painted whore. 

When those options aren't available, it's ranger all the way :) 

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I usually play a healer or tank. Personal preference is some type of heavy armored melee healer.

Fav MMO classes of all-time are TBC totem twist Resto Shaman, and GW2 Shouts condition removal/healing Warrior.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Tank,Healer, Support.

In that order.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

I like support classes.

In ESO I heal/dps, saving my healing hot bar mostly for dungeons. Everything else is ranged bow. 

• SequriemSequriem Member UncommonPosts: 24

When I play with friends/guild whatever I go DPS range, archer or whatever.

If I go solo, I go with someone who has good dmg and can be tanky at the same time with good sustain.

I love character with fast movement with good mobility.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

In any game where you can move while you use an attack: Thief. In games where mobility is limited or people just stand in the same spot the entire combat except in raids I feel that the class really doesn't work for me though.

In those games I prefer to play a ranger or in some cases a berserker.

• ReisaKasoReisaKaso Member Posts: 1

I like all role but my favorite role is healer, and in all mmoprpg, i prefer Cleric in Rift.