Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like ps2 for me

NiziborNizibor Member Posts: 131

Ever since i found out that ffxi couldnt run on this old piece of junk ive been pretty bummed and almost gave up on all mmorpg's but since sony has nearly all the bugs worked out of the ps2 console i might have to wait and get it.

when they do release the console version they should give like some bonus exp. or something since it isnt comeing until march

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• sanzosanzo Member Posts: 9
    I have an Emachines and it can bearly take Warcraft III (I have to restart comp after every game!). Knowing this and REALLY wanting to play this AND Horizons, I decided to build my own nice gaming rig. I'm almost done with it to, all I need now is a hdd, dvd, video card, and sound card. Almost done!
  • NiziborNizibor Member Posts: 131
    the vid card can be somewhat expensive thats the reason im trying to get a new computer instead of upgrading this piece of junk

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

Yes I know lol. But I'm putting all of my money towards this. I'm planning on buying the hdd and a "slot feed" dvd drive. next payday is the video card. what im planning my specs to be:

3.0 ghz Intel processor (with ht)

*2* 256 dimm's (i think ddr 333 or somewere in the 300's)

120 gb hdd

128 mb video card

And I have a completely clear case with 5 fans with 3 led lights. On my 600 W power supply I have it modded were 1/2 of it is see through.

• RamsezRamsez Member Posts: 74

Lol 3 Ghz is kind of waste of money... You pay almost double of a 2.66 (what I currently have, nothing lags on it) and it's not VERY more quick... I got

2,6 Ghz (P4 of course)

2x 512Mb DDR

120Gig HDD 8Mb

Radeon 8500LE 128Mb DDR

Nothing has lagged with all specs in Max (U2XMP, UT2003, Halo, FFXI and some more). Well that's just my advice, youre free to do what you want, hehe 

do you know what i would give to have a Radeon 8500LE 128Mb

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

• pwewepwewe Member Posts: 1

Athlon XP 3000

*2* 512 sticks of pc3200 kingston DDR ram

120GB HD

Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

19in Flat screen (not panel ick) monitor

dvd/cd burner blah blah blah

custom case with blue led lights and lots o fans

Cost to build- around $1400 if you do it your self..i dont think ill need to upgrade this thing for a while got it for my senior graduation

• RamsezRamsez Member Posts: 74
    Ahah go ahead... what'd you give? Since you got lot less...

• DeathStrokeDeathStroke Member UncommonPosts: 41

I was considering waiting for the PS2 version as well but I dont know for sure.  I'd have to buy a network adapter, keyboard and mouse in addion to the game so that kinda sucks.

I've heard rumors that FFXI for the PS2 will be sold with the PS2 HDD, so it might be a bit pricey to buy when it does finally come out

I dont think you have to buy a mouse for the ps2 but keybords are handy. I heard the ffxi game and the hdd wich are suppossed to come together, will be sold for 100$

• DemonicasDemonicas Member Posts: 102
    I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy etc..... that told me about the hdd coming with ffxl installed on it. At first i thought to myself yeah right, but it seems that it WILL come with FFXl, looks like its ps2 FFXl for me. image

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466
    Yes, that is true. It's coming bundled for $99.

then add about $50 for the usb keyboard

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466
    What the hell? Does your keyboard come with GPS? You can find a pretty good keyboard for much less. Hell, your computer keyboard will work.

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    I would like FF XI to be on ps2 b ut woulnt it be too hard to control. Think of how you talk you would have to spell it out with your controller I wonder if everquest online adventers is an y good

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• WeenusWeenus Member Posts: 42
    I hope you know that if you get the ps2 version you are required to buy the 99$ hard drive as well.

no the game comes with the hdd and together they cost $99..i prob. can find a cheaper  keyboard

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln