Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bought $150 alpha, best decision of my life.

1235»

Comments

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    See you three months after release when you realize the game is actually pretty shallow and most people are gone....just like the Russian servers.
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by Nihilist
    See you three months after release when you realize the game is actually pretty shallow and most people are gone....just like the Russian servers.

It's Friday! C'mon now, be happy for those who are excited about a game. That is only your opinion and not fact. Accept that others will never share your world view and will actually have different experiences.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

Disclaimer: this is in NO way intended to be trolling, hate inciting or whatever reportable offense. It is merely an observation.

With the disclaimer out of the way, anyone else notice that most people who think this game is awesome and the second coming have very low post counts?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

OK so take out the coins?

Now we are at 75 bucks.

So, OK, we get alpha beta access.

But can someone put a price on the rest of the goodies in the package and also, what among the rest of the goodies is really worth having? I like the look of the glider and I see a cloak and some armor. But how good is that stuff?

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Just grabbed my founders pack. Downloading now.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Now we are at 75 bucks.

But can someone put a price on the rest of the goodies in the package and also, what among the rest of the goodies is really worth having? I like the look of the glider and I see a cloak and some armor. But how good is that stuff?

I dont understand why you are concerned. You think its to much money, some dont it doesnt matter. If it is to much money, and you cant figure out a way for your mind to accept 150 bucks, to play this game now then let it go. Wait till june and pay 50 bucks, or just wait a little longer to play for free. The stuff people get for supporting a game arent what that whole thing is about. The stuff are just thank yous for supporting the game. 150 bucks isnt that much to support a game you are having fun with, and want to in the future.

They charge that for alot of games, and some of those games give you nothing. Like Gal Civs 3, they tell you its a unfinished game that isnt fun at the moment, but if you want to be apart of the alpha, and support us in our game here is your chance.

So to sum up the stuff they give you for supporting, shouldent even enter into the picture in your choice making on if your going to give them 150 dollars or not. You clearly think the game is not that good.

Originally posted by makasouleater69

Now we are at 75 bucks.

I dont understand why you are concerned. You think its to much money, some dont it doesnt matter. If it is to much money, and you cant figure out a way for your mind to accept 150 bucks, to play this game now then let it go. Wait till june and pay 50 bucks, or just wait a little longer to play for free. The stuff people get for supporting a game arent what that whole thing is about. The stuff are just thank yous for supporting the game. 150 bucks isnt that much to support a game you are having fun with, and want to in the future.

They charge that for alot of games, and some of those games give you nothing. Like Gal Civs 3, they tell you its a unfinished game that isnt fun at the moment, but if you want to be apart of the alpha, and support us in our game here is your chance.

So to sum up the stuff they give you for supporting, shouldent even enter into the picture in your choice making on if your going to give them 150 dollars or not. You clearly think the game is not that good.

You don't understand why I'm concerned?

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

Now we are at 75 bucks.

Not at all, there is more then enough game footage, and information on this game. To tell if you like it or not, if you dont , dont buy it. If you like it then buy it. I mean if you dont have 150 bucks then just wait. If you do then buy it, the stuff you get doesnt matter in the slightest, if you like the game then support it. This company isnt gonna take your money, and close the game down before it ever comes out. I never understand why people try to put a real world currency on in game items.

All it comes down to is do you have the money? Do you like the game? Do you have a computer that can play the game? Giving some one 150 bucks, for over 6+ months of entertainment isnt even questionable as if it is a rip off or not.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by psiic

Saddest post title I have ever read.

Personally do not care if you love the game or hate it.

It is a game my friend, it is not life, and never should be. 

If you could ever claim anything about a video game to be the best decision of your life, I truly feel for you.

My advice to you turn off your computer, walk out your door, go to the park, or a coffee shop, the beach, the grocery store, somewhere where there are people, real living breathing people. 

Find a pretty girl, a girl so pretty even looking at her terrifies you. A girl so pretty your chest tightens, your palms sweat, your knees tremble.  

Dig deep into every last bit of who you are, walk up to her and say hi, smile, tell her your name.

Tell her you think she is the most beautiful girl in the world and finding the courage to take a chance with her,

is the best decision of your life.

Even if she rejects you it's ok, for true living  is in the journey. 

Why do some people have to be so "literal"?

I saw the title and immediately made the leap to "gaming life".

But some people just have to live within the realm of piss and vinegar. Let the guy be excited about buying a game and proclaiming its merits on a gaming site.

I suspect that if he said "I just bought a new house and it was the best decision of my life" some would say "cool story bro, this is a gaming site not "Better Homes and Gardens". image

I know right. Apparently  the term "Hyperbole" is lost on most people these days.  I also like those that try to tell the OP how to live better as if his joyous pursuits are the wrong way to live...essentially a waste of time. Yet they all had time  in their busy and fulfilling lives to stop and read a lengthy post and respond in a quantity of prose almost as or even exceeding the length of the original post. May what gods that be bless them for their guidance.

I am really considering buying into the $150. I might get burned again but oh well.  By no means am I well-off or even financially comfortable for that matter... so It will be a bit to budget out.  Its just that I've been waiting for this game and was convinced it'd never make it to the states. Unlike some people I was stoked to hear TRION get distribution rights here. I played RIFT for 2 years and still drop in here and there. I have Defiance in rotation for my FPS/3rdPS fix. I think they do very well...better than most save perhaps Arenanet...in updating content and supporting their games to the fullest. At least I've never had any issues with Trion at all.  

I'll even overlook some of the most frustration elements like the Cars and goofy bathing suits and shite like that that I have seen in some coverage for AA. Especially since many of the other content and systems I've seen really intrigue me. Granted...combat looks run of the mill but the exploration aspect looks incredible.. Exploration being one of my favorite things to do. It is highly overlooked or non-existent in most modern MMOs but  in AA it looks to be a treat.

Now we are at 75 bucks.

Not at all, there is more then enough game footage, and information on this game. To tell if you like it or not, if you dont , dont buy it. If you like it then buy it. I mean if you dont have 150 bucks then just wait. If you do then buy it, the stuff you get doesnt matter in the slightest, if you like the game then support it. This company isnt gonna take your money, and close the game down before it ever comes out. I never understand why people try to put a real world currency on in game items.

All it comes down to is do you have the money? Do you like the game? Do you have a computer that can play the game? Giving some one 150 bucks, for over 6+ months of entertainment isnt even questionable as if it is a rip off or not.

You weighed out your options and made your decision based on what's important to you. And so will I. But I don't think you are correct in imposing your value system on me then questioning how and why I chose to evaluate this game.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    All that money...and still no Invert Mouse function