Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm so excited!!!

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
Hello, i'am an EVE player for about 5-6months. All this time i spent it in Hi sec, mining and doing few  missions, i was getting really bored, i was close to quitting... But this week i joined a big corp that happens to be part of a huge alliance! Within an hour i left the hisec to the nullsec. Within a day i learned sooooo many things you can't imagine! EVE now has a meaning, EVE now for me is a whole different game! Why i write this post? Because i want to leave a message to the new players like me... EVE is out there, in nullsec! 

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I was in the same boat as you many years ago. My advice to any new player is get out into Low and Null sec, Don't be afraid to die.
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Kanester
    I was in the same boat as you many years ago. My advice to any new player is get out into Low and Null sec, Don't be afraid to die.

Agree

Plus dont get involved too much with missions. Try to remember that PvP is the true purpose of the game :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Welcome to the REAL EVE :-) Enjoy the best MMO ever created man.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Krematory
    Welcome to the REAL EVE :-) Enjoy the best MMO ever created man.

I'm starting to realise that... All those years i was searching the best MMO, the "wow killer"... And EVE was in front of my eyes the whole time! Simply Amazed by the game, more and more every day :)

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    I'm happy that you found something fun to do. That's why you shouldn't be afraid to try out new things in the game. It may just go from full boredom to a whole new experience.
    Originally posted by uplink4242
    I'm happy that you found something fun to do. That's why you shouldn't be afraid to try out new things in the game. It may just go from full boredom to a whole new experience.

indeed :)

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by kikosforever
    Originally posted by Kanester

Agree

Plus dont get involved too much with missions. Try to remember that PvP is the true purpose of the game :)

There's plenty of carebears in hisec that are in need of ganking.

• Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77

I fully agree- I have been playing this game on and off since 2008! I get bored and then quit and come back when I feel the urge to play a space game....was really sick of running missions in highsec and mining and stuff...made the leap to a null sec corp...best thing I ever did!

The entire game changes when you make the move...I highly reccomend new players to do it...Train for logisitics if your a new player- Fleets will LOVE you and its not hard to train into it(relative short time ) but  you will be in demand by fleets and gives you valuable pvp experience for when you switch to combat ships!

Nullsec/Lowsec is the true heart of EVE!

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    ^Agree.  But am currently taking a break from EvE as the last few expansions haven't added anything for me.  I said for me!
  • BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Gratz. I did the same 10 years ago when people coouldn't be just as secure, or even more so, than  in Highsec thanks to uberjumping bonanzas. When EVE was EVE, not this pile that is left. Shame
  • LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Too much planning is needed to be done before even attempting a PvP, people will just PvP when they got a 30 to 1 advantage. Can sit at gate for hours for a few people to report in any activity a few jumps away. The PvP in EVE could be so much more, just that 90% of those in null sec are chicken.  The real fun is being a pirate in EVE, that's where all the fun and experience is at, a pirate corp with 10 people that aren't afraid to go own 40+ gankers.   A big alliance / corp in null sec is too much work vs the fun factor.  Pew pew and become a pirate yarrr! :)
    Originally posted by Boldyn
    Gratz. I did the same 10 years ago when people coouldn't be just as secure, or even more so, than  in Highsec thanks to uberjumping bonanzas. When EVE was EVE, not this pile that is left. Shame

So you mean EVE is becoming more "casual friendly"?

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    Hello, i'am an EVE player for about 5-6months. All this time i spent it in Hi sec, mining and doing few  missions, i was getting really bored, i was close to quitting...

Eve is social game based on players interactions,it is sandbox where players making stories

When you making in game friendships  you are get in to ,,end game,, content,you just starting to play EVE for real.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by LeGrosGamer
    Too much planning is needed to be done before even attempting a PvP, people will just PvP when they got a 30 to 1 advantage. Can sit at gate for hours for a few people to report in any activity a few jumps away. The PvP in EVE could be so much more, just that 90% of those in null sec are chicken.  The real fun is being a pirate in EVE, that's where all the fun and experience is at, a pirate corp with 10 people that aren't afraid to go own 40+ gankers.   A big alliance / corp in null sec is too much work vs the fun factor.  Pew pew and become a pirate yarrr! :)

That's totally the case!

Keep on rockin'!image

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I agree that Eve Online's strong point is the social aspect. So far, it's unparalleled. 

The downside to this is that it requires A LOT of time.

However, gameplay-wise, I can imagine Eve being superceded by Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous.

It will be interesting to see what does better: social interaction vs gameplay?

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194

Neither SC nor E:D are in any way comparable to EvE. They are a completely different Genre. There will be a minor impact if any. It's like saying LoL/DOTA/other MOBA of choice  will kill all MMORPGs because the gameplay  is better.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I agree that Eve Online's strong point is the social aspect. So far, it's unparalleled. 

However, gameplay-wise, I can imagine Eve being superceded by Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous.

They are not mutually exclusive.  Aside from this, Eve's big downer is that it is trapped into a cycle of increasingly abusive behaviour towards new and PVE players.  The game is no more social than any other mmo, although the motivations for social interation are a lot more 'complex'

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    A positive thread about the game, where are all the haters?

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Calfis
    A positive thread about the game, where are all the haters?

In the OTHER thread...

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

Nullsec is the highschool quad.

Lowsec is the parking lot out back, where the fights take place.

The hardest part of EVE is finding people to play with who have out grown the highschool phase.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Ket_Viliano

Nullsec is the highschool quad.

Lowsec is the parking lot out back, where the fights take place.

The hardest part of EVE is finding people to play with who have out grown the highschool phase.

Lowsec is where Black Legion drops 50 dreadnaughts on anyone who uses caps. Then gets em out before Pandemic Legion drops 50 supercarriers on them.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

open world sandbox vs lobby games is also kind of important.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"