Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just plopped $150, hope it was worth it?

PaddyspubPaddyspub Member Posts: 104
Just got the 150 dollar package,  about to play it, hope its worth the price.  For those who already been playing it, what do you all think about the game?  Just looking for opinions about the game so far.

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Get to level 15 and decide , for me yes its worth it and a great start for the return of AAA sandbox games.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I'm completely hooked.. Having a great time!  I don't regret the purchase at all.  I'm definitely going to play alpha up until launch.  There is so much to do.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Totally hooked. It's the first MMORPG in years to give me that feeling again. Right now I'm lv19 and our guild is about to cross the sea (when we get a ship...)
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

now what would be AWESOME is if there really was a giant dragon flying around and attacking things.  I dont care if WoW did it already, they didnt do it very well.

Remember in EQ how people were scared shitless of wandering griffons?  Multiply that by 100.  Sucks for your crops and livestock though.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

There is a whole lot of crazy in this thread!

I mean $150 usd for alpha access? upcoming wipe? for a free to play game?

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Salenger

What's even more crazy is trolling people for spending their money how they want to..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

What's even more crazy is trolling people for spending their money how they want to..

No troll, just wondering why people keep promoting this paid alpha crap...its a new form of marketing to take your money...I mean aside from wasting time on a character that gets wiped...what exactly do you get out of it...aside from soem items...

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

No troll, just wondering why people keep promoting this paid alpha crap...its a new form of marketing to take your money...I mean aside from wasting time on a character that gets wiped...what exactly do you get out of it...aside from soem items...

So you are mad that a company wants to get paid instead of giving out free alpha and beta invites and the lucky ones turn around and charge $150 for keys?

Just cut out the middle mad and have people who actually want to be in join and provide a much better experience and people who will work to make the game better.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Best bit of gaming cash that I have spent in ages ;)

and to those that are still trolling these threads ... if you don't like it don't buy it , simple ...

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

The Alpha servers will be the upcoming PTS, no whipe planned ^^

Beta should start in June and will be whiped before release with headstart.

ArcheAge is not only a game, its a extraordinary game experience.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Paddyspub
    Just got the 150 dollar package,  about to play it, hope its worth the price.  For those who already been playing it, what do you all think about the game?  Just looking for opinions about the game so far.

Was playing on the Russian version for some time...

Its not worth $150 thats for sure.. sorry to say.. its not a bad game for what it is and well worth picking up when its released and maybe subbing to it depending what extras trion offer with that.. but that is really pushnig it.

Still we are all different and I hope you dont feel like you wasted that money.. so good luck in game and most of all have fun :)

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

^T-H-I-S^

Not trolling, I just cannot help but open these threads. It is like the freak show at a circus, or a car wreck. Seriously....the op actually posted this thread AFTER he threw down $150 for the game? Who does that?

More power to ya'll, I just don't get it. Old school meant I tested your game for you, in return I got ......to test your game for you. That was it. This has gotten nuts. Early release where you get a discount on the game I can see, this $150 stuff for what is going to be a free 2 play game is ludicrous.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

Worth is subjective. I got it and don't regret it. Your experience might be different.

But for those who don't understand why we'd do it.... well, look at it this way: I could easily blow $150 within the first hour or two of a night on the town, and what am I left with? A hangover? Some cow in my bed who looked much better after 4 drinks? With this, I've got early access to a game I've been anticipating for the last 3 years, and hours upon hours of entertainment. Compared to a night out, this is a much better value. And the best part, since the game has already been live for Korea and Russia, is that the only thing alpha about it is the incomplete translation of stuff like cut scenes and NPC greetings. No game-breaking bugs, at least for me. So it's not like I'm constantly glitching out and paying for the privilege of telling Trion about it.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Viper482

^T-H-I-S^

Not trolling, I just cannot help but open these threads. It is like the freak show at a circus, or a car wreck. Seriously....the op actually posted this thread AFTER he threw down $150 for the game? Who does that?

More power to ya'll, I just don't get it. Old school meant I tested your game for you, in return I got ......to test your game for you. That was it. This has gotten nuts. Early release where you get a discount on the game I can see, this $150 stuff for what is going to be a free 2 play game is ludicrous.

In this case , it is not just testing it  its actually playing it and really enjoying it  months before anyone else is, and on top of that everyone is still misguided as to what you actually get for the $150 , including you sir. You get a whole heap of stuff on top of the early access  head start etc.  The game is also not a buggy mess that even most released Mmo's are these days , and I'm sure many others that are paying for the Founders pack will agree with me on this. So sadly sir , you logic is totally flawed on this occasion .. ;)

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by summitus

In this case , it is not just testing it  its actually playing it and really enjoying it  months before anyone else is, and on top of that everyone is still misguided as to what you actually get for the $150 , including you sir. You get a whole heap of stuff on top of the early access  head start etc.  The game is also not a buggy mess that even most released Mmo's are these days , and I'm sure many others that are paying for the Founders pack will agree with me on this. So sadly sir , you logic is totally flawed on this occasion .. ;)

Most AA fans have been playing ArcheAge for months in Korea and Russia.

All you get is a bunch of junk with Founders pack that you will replace soon after.

Definatly not worth the money.

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

All you get is a bunch of junk with Founders pack that you will replace soon after.

How will you replace $75 of game cash and 3 months of patron status?

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625

I'm playing the game just like it were live. It's a ton of fun, and loving every minute of it. The servers arent going down every 5 minutes. I've only crashed twice, and everything seems very functional. People are having a great time. What are you doing? Oh yeah.. waiting for the game to come out. 

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by DarthMooska

Game cash is useless - there is nothng usefull to buy. Ask Korean or Russian players.

And patron status will be sold in game, like Rex in Rift. So you can play as a patron with out paying a $.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by mcrippins

I'm playing the game just like it were live. It's a ton of fun, and loving every minute of it. The servers arent going down every 5 minutes. I've only crashed twice, and everything seems very functional. People are having a great time. What are you doing? Oh yeah.. waiting for the game to come out. 

What he's NOT doing is spending 150 bucks on an "I'm-impatient-so-let-me-in-NOW-Founders-package".

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by DarthMooska

Game cash is useless - there is nothng usefull to buy. Ask Korean or Russian players.

And patron status will be sold in game, like Rex in Rift. So you can play as a patron with out paying a $.

If you can sell your Patron Status for in-game currency and you can spend the $75 on Patron Status, wouldn't that be pretty valuable, getting in-game currency? If not, what is valuable in an MMORPG?

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66

There are actually people that are willing to pay 150$ for a alpha game? where all progress that they made will be wiped ofc. And it is a free to play game? 

people it is F2P game....with ofc a paywall behind it when games goes lives. Read the official game forums and see what u actually can and can not access with F2P. It will change your mind about this game /maybe, before u start spending cash on it for a alpha....

PS: to pay 150 for a years sub + some extras, that could be worth it. Especially because if u want full game content access in this game and features u will need to pay sub for it. For the rest those 150$ can not be justified atm in any ways it is just a cash scam and player fall for it. 

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Paddyspub

Leveled character to almost 40 on russian server.

Game is just bad. It looks nice, especially the sea, and synergyzed skill builds was cool idea. Everything else is meh. Pointless PvP with zero balance (oneshots are common), horribly boring quests and leveling, worst dungeons in MMO genre, alot of grind, many stupid gameplay decisions, pretty much zero PvE content at level cap. Also dont let videos fool you, its NOT sandbox. 

You will get a feeling its great when start playing. At 30+ you'll regret wasted time even if you didnt spend a penny on it

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Originally posted by Viper482

^T-H-I-S^

QFT - the worst part is people defending this practice, I mean what the eff? It's like buying a car, but first you have to assemble it while paying for the parts yourself. (Yes I exaggerate)

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66

People that def this BS, have enough cash they don't care, and its fine. But if people have some common sense, they would know that this is just a CASH SCAM..

I guess i will start selling stuff that i don't have yet to people, so i can buy the products and then ship it to the buyer. The only thing is they need to wait a few months for it, but i can send them pictures of the product and maybe with a nice commercial video to keep them warm. Sounds like a legit business idea.

right? right? ;-)

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Originally posted by masterdtox

People that def this BS, have enough cash they don't care, and its fine. But if people have some common sense, they would know that this is just a CASH SCAM..

I guess i will start selling stuff that i don't have yet to people, so i can buy the products and then ship it to the buyer. The only thing is they need to wait a few months for it, but i can send them pictures of the product and maybe with a nice commercial video to keep them warm. Sounds like a legit business idea.

right? right? ;-)

Your post doesn't make any sense. We're PLAYING the game. We're not limited to 10 levels. It's not just an 'alpha weekend'. It's a 24/7 server. I think some of you forget that the game has been released already in other countries, and it runs fine. The only reason it's being labeled as an alpha is because of the translations and adjustments being made to it. As well as testing the infrastructure. This isn't your typical alpha where most of the systems are broken, and the game isn't even close to ready. 

This discussion has been closed.