Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of Might and Magic III

2»

Comments

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Cabaloc
    Moving along and I been working on building my angels and marksmen, about how many should I have ?

as many as respawn and your money allow :)

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Best heroes game ever, glad you like it OP!!!

Me and a friend used to devote whole weekends to this game and there were MANY of them. Almond paste bread (swedish candy like thing) + soda then later cooked something while we kept playing until the early hours in the morning the day after.

We always played hotseat CO-OP and the largest maps. Necromancer is my favorite.

Today, I play Heroes VI every once in a while.

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    Yup this is what I get, started a battle while watching pawn stars lol and have no clue what it was but something just destroyed my arch angels. Looked at the screen wtf  /facepalm all I remember seeing was like some gothic / dead looking dude and a black horse with plate. Chumlees antics always distracts me hehe.  Ok new game
    Ok I see what zounds is . Wow that many angels is some serious funds but I'm getting better at money . Working on a setup to better deal with golems,  Seems magic hits hard against them
    How do I use a scroll I have equipped ? I see town portal and can use 4th level magic
    How do I use a scroll I have equipped ? I see town portal and can use 4th level magic

when you equip a scroll, it adds that specific spell into your spellbook

When you capture a town, do you build it up or let it sit ?  I'm starting to get into micro management with these towns and several heroes running around.
    When you capture a town, do you build it up or let it sit ?  I'm starting to get into micro management with these towns and several heroes running around.

overall yes, but it depends on situation - if you have a feeling that enemy can come and take it back, you often dont build it up if you dount have strong army to protect it - especially if it is a city on the edge of discovered area (fog of war)

Problem I keep running into, deep into a game and the enemy will start hitting hard and I never seem to have enough arch angels built to counter, any tips on angel production ? royal gryphons and archers I do ok with but angels seem to be the problem.

Another thing I hate is when a mob closes in on my archers in melee range and then my archers switch to melee, they hit like a wet noodle , I invented new profanity words because of this.

• If you use the formation system you can typically use a small creature group plus a big creature group near them, while the ranged group is at the top or bottom edge. In the fight you can then easily move them to block off your archers so enemies can't reach them. Not recommended if there's AoE danger.

Problem I keep running into, deep into a game and the enemy will start hitting hard and I never seem to have enough arch angels built to counter, any tips on angel production ? royal gryphons and archers I do ok with but angels seem to be the problem.

Another thing I hate is when a mob closes in on my archers in melee range and then my archers switch to melee, they hit like a wet noodle , I invented new profanity words because of this.

first of all - dont focus on 1 or 2 specific mobs - take everything you can, as long as you have space in your army (hero), unless the unit is too slow compared to others (hero movement on the main map is based besides items, terrain and hero skills also on speed of his slowest unit) - the bigger the army, not only you have better chance of defeating the enemy, but you also have smaller loses (not to mention that you can use unit you dont really want as a sacrificial lamb and protection for more valuable units)

as for production, there are 2 ways to increase it, besides buildings in town like citadel or castle, but both are rather rare:

1. there are some items that increase unit production if the hero wearing that item is in the town at the end of 7th day of week.

2. if you capture "den" (out of town structure producing specific unit every week, like archer tower), it automatically increases production of that unit in every city that produces that unit.

Ok with Castle it's just not cutting it, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but no clue what it is. I play a defensive style so maybe thats it. Any suggestions on the other factions ? maybe something else will be more in tune for me.
    Ok with Castle it's just not cutting it, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but no clue what it is. I play a defensive style so maybe thats it. Any suggestions on the other factions ? maybe something else will be more in tune for me.

well you can go with necromancer and try to raise as many skeletons as possible :)

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Benedikt

well you can go with necromancer and try to raise as many skeletons as possible :)

I always favored 'Dungeon' because of the 'Black Dragons' and their magic immunity.

As soon as you get implosion and resurrection spells + that artifact that increases earth spells by 50% you more or less steamroll everything. Resurrection just doesn't work on Black Dragons unfortunately.

As Necropolis your strongest unit will undoubtedly be Vampires. When upgraded to Vampire Lords they resurrect fallen vampires based on damage they do. I've had so many, they kept replenishing no matter how much damage they took

Originally posted by StonesDK

I always favored 'Dungeon' because of the 'Black Dragons' and their magic immunity.

As soon as you get implosion and resurrection spells + that artifact that increases earth spells by 50% you more or less steamroll everything. Resurrection just doesn't work on Black Dragons unfortunately.

As Necropolis your strongest unit will undoubtedly be Vampires. When upgraded to Vampire Lords they resurrect fallen vampires based on damage they do. I've had so many, they kept replenishing no matter how much damage they took

well yeah, combination (black) dragons + armageddon is classic since homam1 :)

Been trying the necropilis and so far its nice, the skeletons just keep coming  =)
    Originally posted by StonesDK

Loving Vampire Lords and Liches so far, skeletons get into the several hundreds and almost always targeted first leaving room for my others to work there magic . I don't even bother with ghost dragons or wraiths which is kool and leaves money for other towns I take.  Necro is just plain awesome.

I have my main hero, a hero in town and about 4-5 ferrying troops to main hero, is this a good setup ? I play on XL maps to.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I have my main hero, a hero in town and about 4-5 ferrying troops to main hero, is this a good setup ? I play on XL maps to.
    That sounds like how I usually have it set up. I should warn you, though... I have yet to beat HoMM III yet :D

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

So I decided to try Tower faction, not bad at all, nice magic theme . Enemy attacks me and looked through my spell book, saw chain lightning spell.  I cast the spell, wiped his force and half of mine,  major /facepalm