Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game.AA or RP

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
Well i am looking at arche age, and repopulation. Since ESO and wildstar arent to my liking. Which one do you think will come out first? And which will be closer to EVES/SWG economy system?

Comments

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    I think AA will be out first. I think these two games, while both being very sandbox, will both fill very different needs. I have money into both. I am looking forward to Repop but I think it is a bit more of an unknown factor at this point. AA is much more a known quantity and it is seriously well done and polished. My plan is to play AA until Repop lands and then re-evaluate from there. But chances are reasonably good that I will play both to an extent as I love sandbox games but these two have such different feels to them. I can see myself taking a break from one to play the other, regularly.

All die, so die well.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 621

Archeage will definately be releasing first. Alpha is in full swing, beta is slated for sometime next month (June), and we should see a release within 3 months, probably in Aug. It will require alot less testing, since its already released in multiple countries, all the NA testing is basically making sure the language/translation is correct and to earn some extra cash from those willing to pay for access before it launches for free. 

The Repop on the other hand, I think is somewhere in the 3rd stages of Alpha? Going to be another month or two before we even see beta, and the best they can hope for launch is the end of the year, maybe a holiday release. Honestly, I would be surprised to see this game before Feb 2015, and if things go bad, you never know. This is a new titles, unlike AA which is already launched, so anything can happen in the testing phases. Games get pushed back all the time, and its likely to happen to this one too. 

As for the economy of either, thats really up to the players, since they are sandbox titles. For examples of AA, you can check out the Korean and Russian versions, and talk to some of the NA players that are doing streams and podcasts. That should give you a really good sense of where the econ will be for the NA version at launch. For The Repop, honestly noone knows, since the game hasnt gotten passed the Alpha build, and the focus is heavily on bug squashing and content, not on econ and shops. You wont start seeing the economy taking shape until late into the Beta, as long as they have a decent number of players to test with. If the test group is too small, you wont get anywhere near an accurate estimate of how launch will play out. 

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Thank you guys very much for the responses. I will get the 49.99 beta thing for AA then.