Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions for people in the alpha

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I've seen an overwhelming positive response from people playing this game so far in these forums and that, as you all know, is quite a rarity. It's peaked my interest in the Founder's pack options and I'd like to know what you guys think. I would really like to enter a world, as people have been saying about AA.

Here are my questions:

How far away from launch do you think this game is?

What do the devs need to work on to get this game ready for NA launch?

I hate the idea of putting hours into a game to have it all wiped. Why do you guys play if you know you're going to get wiped?

If you've played Landmark, how do you think AA differs from Landmark and how will it differ from EQN?

Comments

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Beta is estimated in June , so launch is probably going to 4th quarter.

They don't need to work on a lot , mainly optimization and translation , I GUESS.

We play it because its awesome , even if there is going to be wipes.

To be blunt , I have payed Landmark , and they are an ocean apart imo.

Jump on in , the game is unique  and has a great community.

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259

1. I am not sure how far from launch ArcheAge actually is but I heart there will be beta weekends starting sometimes in June. Btw alpha servers are 24/7 and will continue even when beta weekends come.

2. The game is very polished right know. I would say there are only issues with translating because cut-scenes of main story are not translated. I am sure its not that big deal and it will be finished soon. 

3. Your characters will stay stored on testing servers when AA comes live. And there are lots of things you need to learn. I am sure alpha testers have great advantage because knowledge is really important.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I'm still thinking about it. There was stream posted on Massively earlier today. The world does look really interesting. How is exploration in this game? Are there chests or hidden dungeons? What can you find?