Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Child of Light: Multi-Platform Title Now Available for Download

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ubisoft has announced that its latest role-playing game, Child of Light, is now available for download on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U and PC. The digital edition of the game comes in at a cool $14.99.

Child of Light is a re-imagining of classic fairytales set against a picturesque background inspired by the watercolor artworks of The Golden Age of Illustration. As a playable poem, Child of Light takes players on an extraordinary journey through the mystical world of Lemuria by putting them in the shoes of Aurora, a young princess who must win back the sun, the moon and the stars held captive by the mysterious Queen of the Night. A return to the classic JRPG, Child of Light blends together platforming and turn-based combat along while providing a rich storyline, robust soundtrack and beautifully-rendered hand drawn art style.

Find out more about the game on the Child of Light site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Surprisingly fun game bought this on the PS4 last night and was up all night with it.

Love the washed out watercolor environment. 

Oh and its like $1.99 extra but buy the light pack the girl looks so much better in the blue dress with that red hair.

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    But I don't want to me a princess, I want to be a dark chaos god consuming the souls of the weak under my mail fisted gauntlet of hate......
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Originally posted by Matticus75
    But I don't want to me a princess, I want to be a dark chaos god consuming the souls of the weak under my mail fisted gauntlet of hate......

Dark Souls 2 for you :)

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Why can't you be both?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

there are so many of those already it's not even funny. But like someone else said above, Dark Souls is close enough

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    this game is not even a proper RPG....
  • DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Im so getting this one
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Its a really good game
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by pupurun

It actually is. It has a skill system, items, turn based party combat, a sort of rock-paper-scissor atack system, ...

Admittedly, the trailer doesn't tell a lot about that aspect of the game. It's actually pretty close to standard JRPGs.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Tenkousei

It actually is. It has a skill system, items, turn based party combat, a sort of rock-paper-scissor atack system, ...

Admittedly, the trailer doesn't tell a lot about that aspect of the game. It's actually pretty close to standard JRPGs.

Yep, this. It's definitely an RPG, but closer to turn-based JRPG than anything else. Still, it's an RPG. And yes, we cover those here now.  :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Havent been so torn on getting a game or not in a long time.

As much as I like the look and overall feel of the game, I don't like the childishness of the story.

AAAaaaaaaaarg!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Tenkousei

Yep, this. It's definitely an RPG, but closer to turn-based JRPG than anything else. Still, it's an RPG. And yes, we cover those here now.  :)

Oh and you can play it multi-player : )

• But is it worth a buy? That's what i want Mack to answer.

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by Tbau

Havent been so torn on getting a game or not in a long time.

As much as I like the look and overall feel of the game, I don't like the childishness of the story.

AAAaaaaaaaarg!

It may look a bit childish but it's actually pretty dark  like most fairy tales for example the main heroin dies at the beginning and it get's even more depressing later on it's not really a game i would let small children play not that they would understand it anyway.

If you played a few jrpgs it's like a mix of valkyrie profile (2d overworld, main story) and grandia (battle system).

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by psiic

Surprisingly fun game bought this on the PS4 last night and was up all night with it.

Love the washed out watercolor environment. 

Oh and its like $1.99 extra but buy the light pack the girl looks so much better in the blue dress with that red hair.

Funny I tried it and found it very wanting.  Deleted it off my drive this morning.  I guess I need more substance in a game.