Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG with true, unique items?

KlldarknessKlldarkness Member Posts: 1

I'm sure this question pops up pretty often, but, are there any MMORPG's with actual unique items?

Items that are truly one of a kind, can be found by players of any level, etc etc?

Where a lucky find could give you an item that is simply amazing, unique name, etc?

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I don't see how this would be possible in an MMO unless it's really cult-like.

This was a feature in my favorite MUD though, and it would result in some AWESOME PvP narratives. Again, I just don't see it working on a large scale.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Asheron's Call over 15 yrs ago was able to do it, and it still to this day hasnt been matched.  The odds of finding a completely identical item from the random loot table was something like 1 in a 14billion

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

doesnt trial of ascension want to do something like that?

i think you could do that and simply make it that these kind of unique items cant be bound to anyone and that you loose them if you die in pvp...

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

It would be fairly easy to do with cheap gimmicks which roll random stats on items.  That would make the odds of two items being exactly the same very small.  Diablo 3 does this.

Going all the way and making truly unique items isn't feasible when you have a million characters (not players) to distribute items to.