Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO: It's not me, it's you

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Sad to say but today I'll be quitting Elder Scrolls Online. The battle to try and enjoy this game has ended and my VR5 character's journey will come to a close. Not because I want to but because I'm essentially forced to. I cannot progress through the game due to the sheer amount of bugs. Just like the issues with the main story line my character cannot progress into the VR6-10 zones because I cannot finish the 'Cadwell's Almanac" requirements. I've spent several days logging out, repeating, and repairing the game but to no avail I cannot progress.

I suppose I'll send in an e-mail to Zenimax tell them I want to obtain a refund and go back to playing less frustrating games like Dark Souls 2 since it just released. Seriously the game was fun when it worked but it has been an uphill struggle that has only become worse the further I progress. From falling through the world, not being able to use my skills and abilities, not being able to auto-attack, not being able to use my siege equipment, many broken quests many of which won't be fixed on the 1.1 patch release, to the infinite load screens, network I/O issues, the memory leak, and various other bugs or exploits.

Good by my little lizard man~ I'll miss you but I must move on and to commemorate this occasion a video:

Funny I just did the same thing today. No hard feelings at all to Zenimax or ESO. I just can't pretend that some things don't bother me.

Its like dating smelly hot chick again.

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    It's just a video game.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

Going back to my old faithfuls; Wakfu Online and Anarchy Online as far as MMOs. I also recently purchased Dark Souls 2 so I'll have a lot of fun with that :D.

Wait so you are asking for a refund because of launch bugs (after spending an enormous amount of time in game) yet you play Anarchy Online?

I find that quite amusing.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    [mod edit]

Nice editing job there mods. Instead of just deleting the person I quoted, you delete my comment as well which was in the subject of the discussion and in no way flammitory nor was it in any way a violation of any rules of conduct. I was agreeing with the OP in my comment although I wasn't going as far as to get a refund because I may try it again later after all the bugs are fixed.

If you want to edit something go edit that SB Ford piece where she calls anyone who dislikes the game a hater who is spoiled because we have all been spoon fed for years. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    [mod edit]

Nice editing job there mods. Instead of just deleting the person I quoted, you delete my comment as well which was in the subject of the discussion and in no way flammitory nor was it in any way a violation of any rules of conduct. I was agreeing with the OP in my comment although I wasn't going as far as to get a refund because I may try it again later after all the bugs are fixed.

If you want to edit something go edit that SB Ford piece where she calls anyone who dislikes the game a hater who is spoiled because we have all been spoon fed for years. 

She didn't write that. Some ESO fan named Ryan Getchell wrote it. Here is his twitter and Youtube. You can see he is pretty heavily invested in the game. I think about 90% of his tweets are about ESO.

https://twitter.com/Garbrac

https://www.youtube.com/user/ClarionCallTV

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by BeansnBread
    [mod edit]

She didn't write that. Some ESO fan named Ryan Getchell wrote it. Here is his twitter and Youtube. You can see he is pretty heavily invested in the game. I think about 90% of his tweets are about ESO.

https://twitter.com/Garbrac

https://www.youtube.com/user/ClarionCallTV

You are correct, I just saw that she posted it. In either case I read through some of the remarks in that thread and saw just how quickly it dissolved into personal attacks. My comment that was deleted here was in no way worthy of deletion so I was a little peeved that Amana wrote "Guys, just a reminder to stick to discussing the topic and game and refrain from personal attacks on OP or assumptions of that nature." shortly after. Maybe it's the weather here, but my fuse feels short today or maybe I get tired of being labled a hater because I have honest criticisms of games. Thank you for the links though, they provide substance and show why his article is biased as hell.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by syriinx

Going back to my old faithfuls; Wakfu Online and Anarchy Online as far as MMOs. I also recently purchased Dark Souls 2 so I'll have a lot of fun with that :D.

Wait so you are asking for a refund because of launch bugs (after spending an enormous amount of time in game) yet you play Anarchy Online?

IKR, AO only just got over their bugged launch only as recently as what? 12 or so years ago?

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    My reaction...who cares? Sometimes I feel like these boards are personal therapy sessions. I hope you find a more interesting MMO with all of the features you are looking for. In the meantime, your decision doesn't impact me at all.

There Is Always Hope!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Who cares ? With 2063 views someone does obviously.
    Chamber of Chains
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by keithian
    My reaction...who cares? Sometimes I feel like these boards are personal therapy sessions. I hope you find a more interesting MMO with all of the features you are looking for. In the meantime, your decision doesn't impact me at all.

It doesn't impact you because you are really into the game.  This discussion is more for those who share similar issues or for flaming the OP for being an educated consumer.  However, I have a feeling that this thread and the OP's decision is impacting you someway on some level in the back of your mind or else you wouldn't have posted here to begin with.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by keithian

It doesn't impact you because you are really into the game.  This discussion is more for those who share similar issues or for flaming the OP for being an educated consumer.  However, I have a feeling that this thread and the OP's decision is impacting you someway on some level in the back of your mind or else you wouldn't have posted here to begin with.

ummmm maybe because he and you have posted the exact same thing for weeks now? Should we be surprised that he quit? I'm more surprised he played at all. Yes the game has bugs. I've acknowledged it myself. That has been acknowledged in like 50 threads. Do we need a new thread for each new bug? That's what bug reports are for.

There Is Always Hope!

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • bigbudzbigbudz Member Posts: 52

Good job OP on getting a refund. If my washing machine stopped washing mid-cycle, I would get a refund or timely repair. I don't care if the spin cycle still works, a feature is broken so the product is defective. Doesn't matter if the product is software. They really need to come up with guidelines on returning software that isn't "Hey you bought into the hype, so you are just out your money".  I saw the mess that was coming so I cancelled my purchase 2 days before early access. The business practices gave me a bad feeling about this one.

You can use any analogy that you want, but a defective product is still a defective product no matter what box you stick it in.

To those that are saying it is a service, if my housecleaner charged me to clean my whole house and only cleaned 90% then I would also want a refund with my house cleaned properly.

Not sure why software isn't held to the standard that the rest of consumer goods are held to...

Without consumer protection such as returnscharge backs, we would be subject to the whims of the manufacturer which only really cares about the profit margin.

Current PC Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/p8RBD3

Present: Current offerings are low quality or soloable

Past:AoC, DCUO, FFXI,FFXIV 1.0 and ARR,WoW,Fallen Earth, Tabula Rasa, TSW, SWTOR, Rift, Aion, WAR, Darkfall, STO, CoH/CoV, GW2, Diaspora, EQ2, DDO, and a bunch of forgettable ftp games

• AriesMoonAriesMoon Member Posts: 5

People like this OP and others are just adding themselves to everyone's list of "broke people finding excuses to not sub."

Not trolling here but there were countless threads, on this forum even, that talked about how people will find excuses to not sub when that 30 day mark hits and then run to a F2P title.

/thread.

• AriesMoonAriesMoon Member Posts: 5

They didn't allow refunds to people who played less then 24 hours though. I doubt they'd give a refund to anyone.

Me, I hit max veteran rank about 2 weeks after launch and quit then. I was part of that big wave of people rushing to end game to see what it's like. I'm now back to my "go to" game of subbed Rift.

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268

I never played Anarchy Online on it's release. It could have been deemed unplayable. However, I play it now and it's a great game. I do know that I've played Elder Scrolls Online when it was released and after almost a month now I am still not able to progress through very key points in the game in addition to other game breaking bugs. So I can deem this in my experience unplayable.

I am sorry, but you just CANNOT compare the release of Anarchy Online and Elder Scrolls Online. For those of us who were around to experience it you are just flat out wrong.    Since you were not around, I will cut you a little slack, but ESO is far from unplayable, and Zenimax has done a great job compared to the debacle that the Funcom release was.    What this proves is that game companies can right the ship and given some time they can crank out a good product.  AO improved tremendously and became a cool sci fi niche game.    To recap :  You played a lot, you burned out, a few bugs aggravated you, your quitting and telling the entire MMORPG community and your going back to THE buggiest beta/release MMO of all time Anarchy Online.    I won't even get into the point of you asking and getting a refund, I feel that is pretty dam pathetic and cheap.

OMG I am Ancient!
  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

I suppose I'll send in an e-mail to Zenimax tell them I want to obtain a refund and go back to playing less frustrating games like Dark Souls 2 

lol this part made me laugh irl, so thanks for that one :)

but yea all that vr crap really is beyond ridiculous really so im with you on that one

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

I never played Anarchy Online on it's release. It could have been deemed unplayable. However, I play it now and it's a great game. I do know that I've played Elder Scrolls Online when it was released and after almost a month now I am still not able to progress through very key points in the game in addition to other game breaking bugs. So I can deem this in my experience unplayable.

I am sorry, but you just CANNOT compare the release of Anarchy Online and Elder Scrolls Online. For those of us who were around to experience it you are just flat out wrong.    Since you were not around, I will cut you a little slack, but ESO is far from unplayable, and Zenimax has done a great job compared to the debacle that the Funcom release was.    What this proves is that game companies can right the ship and given some time they can crank out a good product.  AO improved tremendously and became a cool sci fi niche game.    To recap :  You played a lot, you burned out, a few bugs aggravated you, your quitting and telling the entire MMORPG community and your going back to THE buggiest beta/release MMO of all time Anarchy Online.    I won't even get into the point of you asking and getting a refund, I feel that is pretty dam pathetic and cheap.

What do you expect from these newer "gamers"?  They bitch about bugs but then brag about games that had worse launches or are a bigger mess currently than ESO and brag about WOW and they are obviously too young to have been around for that "awesome" launch.  Ignorance is bliss but only for the ignorant.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg
    I got my refund~ all $90.00 I spent. So we can drop the whole," You're not going to get it" or "I sincerely hope you don't get it."

You're a terrible person, my friend. But I guess terrible people lead the world at large, so oh well.

I'm a terrible person asking for a refund for a terrible product from a company that had a terrible attitude towards how terrible their product actually was.

Trust me, the people that berate you aren't fighting for the title to be the next "Raoul Wallenberg". Just traugh your own path, rather than live life through the eyes of others.

This discussion has been closed.