Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open PVP server

dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

I dont know why I just thought of this, but why cant they make a seperate server with open pvp.  Someone go post that on the main forums, i cant post there at work.

Comments

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by dranael

I dont know why I just thought of this, but why cant they make a seperate server with open pvp.  Someone go post that on the main forums, i cant post there at work.

Why would they open yet another megaserver to close it in 2 months as it empties due to griefers?

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

Probably to not split the playerbase. They could also make a special pjased version of the world with no level, stat boosted mobs from level 1, and much more. The reasob companies don't simply create multiple servers/phases with crazy rules is because it's too costly and splits everyone up.

Also, there's already Cyrodiil which isn't real owpvp, but it's quite large in itself for pvp'ers.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Dont think the OP knows about the megaserver.
  • ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

This is not possible, you never run into the other factions while questing. You only see them in Crydiil.

Unless you mean open pvp for your own faction, that seems silly though.

Originally posted by ElElyon

This is not possible, you never run into the other factions while questing. You only see them in Crydiil.

He probably wants VR's to be able to gank level 10's

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Originally posted by Ehllfhire

You know, they're just computer pixels. Unlike what you might believe, it can't actually hurt you. Trust me. I haven't heard of a anyone getting sick because their avatar got killed in a video game by another player.

Originally posted by DEAD.line

You know, they're just computer pixels. Unlike what you might believe, it can't actually hurt you. Trust me. I haven't heard of a anyone getting sick because their avatar got killed in a video game by another player.

No they get sick of being unable to progress because someone gets their jollies on making someone elses life miserable.

PS3

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

No they get sick of being unable to progress because someone gets their jollies on making someone elses life miserable.

There is a reason why owpvp games have small communities with little investment cash.

Hm, you also do know that if a pvp phase existed you wouldn't have to chose either, right? Also, if someone tries to pk, you can always, you know, fight back. You might find it hard to believe, but in pvp, other players actually die from atttacks too.

And if someone's really getting sick because they got killed in a video game by another player, i really advise not playing the game at all. Seriously.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Why would they open yet another megaserver to close it in 2 months as it empties due to griefers?

Same mega server just another phase within the mega server, let players pick when they want to enter this phase to quest or do what ever in the pvp phase.

It can be done but I don't see it happening, the days of  real MMO players are gone. 

Originally posted by Warjin

Same mega server just another phase within the mega server, let players pick when they want to enter this phase to quest or do what ever in the pvp phase.

It can be done but I don't see it happening, the days of  real MMO players are gone. 

And secondly, how can there be open pvp? other factions cant get to you until Vet, so you guys want vets killing sub 50s and call that pvp?

PS3

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Warjin

WTH you mean real MMO players are gone? Cuz I could care less about PVP? Im tryin to play a game an not deal with a added layer of douchery. been playing mmo's since 2000.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

You would be surprised how many players ruined their social lives, their educations and chances of a bright future just because of 'pixel wars'.  :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    I wish... A Tamriel-wide conflict and territory control would bring the game to the next level as far as purpose and intensity. Maybe future content will give us another world within the ES solar system that has world-wide PvP. That or maybe a special phase can be created within the megaserver that can be selected or de-selected based on the player's willingness to be a part of a special world-wide PvP ruleset. Just my 2 cents.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    If there is one game where this would not work, its this game, with the mega server technollogy and the phasing

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

hehe that is such a cute comment from a pve'er.  Obviously you could attack other players of your own faction, not to mention travel to all other zones to kill other factions. 

Man I am going to have to find a new game.  I am just not a pve'er at heart.  I can only quest for so long against AI controlled monsters that offer no challenge.  Playing with guys who are affraid to fight each other. 

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    If there is one game where this would not work, its this game, with the mega server technollogy and the phasing

In your signature you listed DAoC as your best pvp experience?  Did you ever try Darkfall 1?  DAoC doesnt even come close.

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

In your signature you listed DAoC as your best pvp experience?  Did you ever try Darkfall 1?  DAoC doesnt even come close.

Why do you come to a PVE game expecting the devs to cater to a ganker?

PS3

• carpalcarpal Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I love open PVP servers, but this game isn't built this way.  Can you imagine all the ganking while reading/listening to the endless quests?
  • kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127

Lol silly propaganda going on here ("openpvp is for gankers") just to excuse the fact that ESO doesn't have open pvp but an instanced map... where there isn't really anything that prevents anyone to gank you anyway, except the fact that you "joined pvp" thus "it's your choice"... (to get ganked? really?)

Two words: Warhammer Online. *Open* pvp lakes (you still choose to pvp), level tiers (wannabe ganker gets chickened out).

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

hehe that is such a cute comment from a pve'er.  Obviously you could attack other players of your own faction, not to mention travel to all other zones to kill other factions. 

Man I am going to have to find a new game.  I am just not a pve'er at heart.  I can only quest for so long against AI controlled monsters that offer no challenge.  Playing with guys who are affraid to fight each other. 

haha your character really comes out in this post. I work with someone like you. Let me take a shot in the dark here...

You called the WoW pve servers "care bear servers" to the people that played in them because it made you feel like you were more hardcore than they were.

You would go to zones where the people are a lot lower than you and one shot them even if it didn't benefit your character at all.

Am I close? :)

And regarding the red text: You must not play ESO or you haven't played enough, you can't do that in this game. I mentioned that in the post you commented on.

haha your character really comes out in this post. I work with someone like you. Let me take a shot in the dark here...

You called the WoW pve servers "care bear servers" to the people that played in them because it made you feel like you were more hardcore than they were.

You would go to zones where the people are a lot lower than you and one shot them even if it didn't benefit your character at all.

Am I close? :)

And regarding the red text: You must not play ESO or you haven't played enough, you can't do that in this game. I mentioned that in the post you commented on.

Well I am not gonna lie, I have done those things so yeah you are close.  It is not all I did though, I like to fight people of all levels.  And about the kill other factions part, that would have to be ADDED to the game to make an open pvp server work.  That is what I am trying to say.  I know it is not in game now, but it should be.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Cyrodil is completely open PvP. You already have it. Go PvP and stop bitching about something you already have.

The only reason you would not see Cyrodil as meeting your requirements would be to have the opportunity to kill lower level characters because you either lack the skill to beat someone on a level playing field or get your kicks from pissing others off. Either way you would be a douche.

So either be happy that you have open PvP in Cyrodil or STFU bitching about it to hide what you really want.

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    No open-PvP is a big downside for ESO, but they will maybe add regions between 2 factions
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Cyrodil is completely open PvP. You already have it. Go PvP and stop bitching about something you already have.

The only reason you would not see Cyrodil as meeting your requirements would be to have the opportunity to kill lower level characters because you either lack the skill to beat someone on a level playing field or get your kicks from pissing others off. Either way you would be a douche.

So either be happy that you have open PvP in Cyrodil or STFU bitching about it to hide what you really want.

I most definitely would never hide who I am.  I would love to slaughter a level 1 while he is doing a quest just for the lols.  You think I’m afraid to say that? Why? Because people might think I’m a douche on the internet?  Hilarious buddy.

People who care about their internet reputation are fascinating.