Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new game :(

ninjagrannyninjagranny Member Posts: 25

Id love some help 

Had to stop LOTRO due to HD and TESO was a real dissapointment

so you know what types I like

Everquest 1 pre POP

LOTRO pre HD

Stopped LOTRO due to HD and the class changes and it being dumbed down

Didnt like TESO due to the linear quest and the rush for PVP

TERA was ok but the silly char graphics ruined it ( wavy women and the annoying pandas)

GW2 too easy

Neverwinter too easy 

It needs to be 

Fantasy

Have limited classes

No stupid races

Decent craft skills

Limited PVP

NO skill trees ie real choices 

Prefer it if it has a death penalty

The ambrosia would be EQ1 gameplay pre POP with LOTR pre Moria classes and trade skills :) But anything thats actually a challenge , isnt a rush for boring endgame has open world structure like EQ 1 

There must still be at least 1 decent MMORPG left .... Help me find it please

Comments

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

If you find it please let me know.

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Gadareth

If you find it please let me know.

^^ This. I can recommend a single player game though.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    The more "features it must have" you put out there, the less likely it is that you will ever find this game.  That being said, Wildstar is the next stop on the MMORPG bus.  I'm aware that it doesn't fit your "feature list", but that doesn't mean it won't entertain you.  The best advice I can offer is to expand your gaming horizons.  The more diverse the games you are willing to try, the more potential there is for entertainment.
  • sword4hiresword4hire Member Posts: 22
    I'm still playing LOTRO and still having a good time with it some things have changed but everything does at some point or another. Are you playing solo? or are you adventuring with a group/friends as this can add a new dimension to an old game and bring about some of the fun I think you might be looking for. Other than that I can list a few games you might like to try Wurm online or Xyson these two are more sandbox than what you might be used too but have some of the features your looking for. Rift is still a fun game for many and its recently gotten some decent new content added. I can honestly say I know what your feeling as I too often find myself looking for something new and good to play but keep your hopes up there are some really good looking games coming down the pipe hope this helps and goodluck.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

"Stopped LOTRO due to HD and the class changes and it being dumbed down"

A bit more specific, please, when did the stop happened? :) Just beacuse they've tried to nudge a bit on the balance (twice actually) after HD, without any significant result, so then with Update13 they made a typical Turbine move and landed a massive blow on the pendulum.

What I'm trying to point out is that if you're stopped more than a couple weeks ago, maybe it would worth a look back. The trait trees are still there sadly, so as the dumbed down gameplay with the culled number of skills, but the over-easyness issue is gone - at least partly. (hence the "typical Turbine move" above). Based on your class and level you either won't notice anything, or you'll feel it's a bit harder now, or (in some cases) you won't be able to even complete some solo quest instances :)  They've seriously wrecked the stats...

If not, you can still try AoC. While it also has trees (but with pretty wide options), and not that open world as LotRO, the other criterias mostly fit.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    hm you can try istaria, its a niche game with small player base but still (or vanguard before they close it down)
  • ninjagrannyninjagranny Member Posts: 25

Please do list them or at least a few

I want something new but all the new ones ive tried have been bland basic and easy .I listed the ones I liked to give an aid for the type of thing , no more .

PO_gg

I stopped at hd launch really along with kin , friends and family - have logged in a few times since .

I was solo fs and raid - the removal of skills was the last straw really loved big battles ( so im in a minority) and the ease was pathetic - i know its been changed again recently but its still too easy - I loved the unique class builds and the skills and once that was removed the other holes in an aging game just took over .

Killion 81 

Absolutely - i think ive tried 30 ish since LOTRO died off But so far they have either been too easy / had stupid races / comic graphics / poor char classes .

I play many other types  as well just trying to find something to fit in the fantasy MMORPG slot that is currently blank 

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by ninjagranny

Id love some help 

Everquest 1 pre POP

LOTRO pre HD

TERA was ok but the silly char graphics ruined it ( wavy women and the annoying pandas)

GW2 too easy

Neverwinter too easy 

It needs to be 

Fantasy

Have limited classes

No stupid races

Decent craft skills

Limited PVP

The ambrosia would be EQ1 gameplay pre POP with LOTR pre Moria classes and trade skills :) But anything thats actually a challenge , isnt a rush for boring endgame has open world structure like EQ 1 

The only game that fits that is Ultima online.

If you get rid of fantasy, then Eve online fits that, and uncharted waters online. If you get rid of limited pvp, then mortal online fits.  Eq though doesnt fit any of that, eq has stupid races, bad craft skills, no pvp, everything is classes, and has AA skill trees.

Originally posted by makasouleater69

Id love some help 

Everquest 1 pre POP

LOTRO pre HD

GW2 too easy

Neverwinter too easy 

It needs to be 

Fantasy

Have limited classes

No stupid races

Decent craft skills

Limited PVP

If you get rid of fantasy, then Eve online fits that, and uncharted waters online. If you get rid of limited pvp, then mortal online fits.  Eq though doesnt fit any of that, eq has stupid races, bad craft skills, no pvp, everything is classes, and has AA skill trees.

Hmm mortal online - not heard of that one ill take a look thx - and yes I know how far eq has fallen - im playing it on 1999 server as a stop gap till i find a new game to replace lotro

i know its been changed again recently but its still too easy - I loved the unique class builds and the skills and once that was removed the other holes in an aging game just took over .

I agree, I loved that too. HD was my first real letdown in the game, the skill remove and the trait revamp was worse than the LI grind or the introduction of skirmishes in Mirkwood, not to mention when it turned out after HD launch that the game became so easy it was almost disturbing.

That's why I recommended to maybe check back a bit, 2 weeks ago Update 13 went live, and while the trait trees and the lessened number of skills were unchanged, the easy part was addressed - Turbine style :) Just check the forum, it has multiple threads on the subject. The change hitted the hardest those who are in the lvl30-50 range (left the starter areas but not reached  Moria yet), there seems to be an another problematic range around the lvl80's, and of course it affects squishies the most, and lvl95s the least. This is maybe the most used thread if you're interested in details https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?546451-Too-squishy

I'm not saying we got back the good old LotRO again, but after U13 the "its still too easy" part is not an accurate statement :)

Originally posted by Po_gg

i know its been changed again recently but its still too easy - I loved the unique class builds and the skills and once that was removed the other holes in an aging game just took over .

I agree, I loved that too. HD was my first real letdown in the game, the skill remove and the trait revamp was worse than the LI grind or the introduction of skirmishes in Mirkwood, not to mention when it turned out after HD launch that the game became so easy it was almost disturbing.

That's why I recommended to maybe check back a bit, 2 weeks ago Update 13 went live, and while the trait trees and the lessened number of skills were unchanged, the easy part was addressed - Turbine style :) Just check the forum, it has multiple threads on the subject. The change hitted the hardest those who are in the lvl30-50 range (left the starter areas but not reached  Moria yet), there seems to be an another problematic range around the lvl80's, and of course it affects squishies the most, and lvl95s the least. This is maybe the most used thread if you're interested in details https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?546451-Too-squishy

I'm not saying we got back the good old LotRO again, but after U13 the "its still too easy" part is not an accurate statement :)

As I said I did log back in ( this week) and 3 button clicking and 1 shotting most landscape mobs really doesnt work for me - yes the damage is a bit lower and yes mobs are a wee bit tougher but its gone from 20 + skill tactical combat  to 1 or 2 button clicking wins . Ive tried to get family /kin and friends to go back but all of us just can't be bothered with it anymore , we will log in every few months just to see if turbine give in but after all the sackings of devs the game feels dead and in maintainance mode ( there were 51 people logged in last  time i tried ) - Founder accounts mean we never actualyl leave and are still counted as players !

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Age of Conan..?

Originally posted by Gdemami

Age of Conan..?

Isnt AOC crafting horrible? And the whole game is classes and skill trees?

Id love some help 

Everquest 1 pre POP

LOTRO pre HD

GW2 too easy

Neverwinter too easy 

It needs to be 

Fantasy

Have limited classes

No stupid races

Decent craft skills

Limited PVP

Hmm mortal online - not heard of that one ill take a look thx - and yes I know how far eq has fallen - im playing it on 1999 server as a stop gap till i find a new game to replace lotro

Well mortal online has alot of bugs, but I really liked it when I played. I just couldent handle the people cheating and killing me. Also the guilds there are like really insane. Or maybe I am I dono lol. It was one of the major guilds, that owns a big keep. They kicked me out because i wouldent sit in their team speak all day, and listen to them bitch about everything from goverment problems, to their lives. I spent one day in the team speak, and maybe out of the who 8 hours i was playing, 20 mins of the conversations in there were about the game.

It also has a small player base, and a lot of the people in the game are douchebags. The taming and breeding system in the game have no equal though. Also the trading is fun, and the crafting is the best I have seen in the game. If you can find atleast 15 people you like you will enjoy the game.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

AoC crafting is no worse than any other mainstream MMO.
    OP is content with classes and as for skill system, again it is the same as in other games.

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

Id love some help 

Everquest 1 pre POP

LOTRO pre HD

GW2 too easy

Neverwinter too easy 

It needs to be 

Fantasy

Have limited classes

No stupid races

Decent craft skills

Limited PVP

I have to agree here.  I am playing www.project1999.com myself, cause I cant find an MMO out that really satisfies me.  EQ1 with just Kunark out, Velious in a couple months and server not going past that from what they said.

Found a guild and lvling up with them on our way to raiding and what not.  Just something to pass the time, I would suggest you do this, as it's free unless you wanna donate, which is great, and it's the one game that is exactly like what your looking for, if not what your looking for...

Originally posted by Gdemami

AoC crafting is no worse than any other mainstream MMO.
    OP is content with classes and as for skill system, again it is the same as in other games.

Above I also suggested AoC as a close candidate, and I agree with Gdemami. OP is coming from LotRO, AoC's current crafting is on par with LotRO's (not to mention Turbine simplified LotRO's system during the years sadly, I still miss the old farming... and not liking the new scholar crafting mat system of U13).

Also there's a crafting revamp in the process, when FC finally launch it (based on the announced diaries) it will be amazing.

As I wrote above, OP's problem will be more like the instanced world opposed to LotRO, and that AoC also has "trees" (though the feat system is much better than LotRO's new trait trees)

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I haven't played it in a looong time so I don't know how much it has changed, but if you drop the fantasy requirement, have you tried Anarchy Online? I think you can play free through level 100 or so?
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Best I can think of(that's currently out) is ryzom, but it's sort of scifi vs fantasy.  Or maybe planeshift if you're into rp.

Another one that may pass the time if you can pass on fantasy( until something suitable comes out anyway) is warframe.  Pretty much has everything on the list, but a co-op game not an mmo.

Edit: Aoc was meant to be getting a crafting overhaul/update.  No idea if it ever hit though(or what it's like if it did).

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299

I'am currently in Archeage alpha, and it is truly the only REAL MMO out there right now. Sandbox components, very much has an EQ1 type of feel to it. Obviously have not played much 3-4 hrs...but the basics and MMO mechanics are truly there. Don't like the fact of them charging you to play alpha of an already released game, but in this scenario, with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE out there I feel it is the only choice. Don't want to spend the cash? Wait for 3-4 months for release. It WILL be worth the wait.

Thx all this is giving me some avenues to look at -

Was hoping TESO  or ESO was going to be good but it was a let down - Ill take a look at archeage , downloading conan and keeping my fingers crossed that Pathfinder online sticks to its current promise  https://goblinworks.com - please keep em coming  eq 1999 will keep me going for a while but I want a new home for the fantasy mmorpg part of me - mobas can only fill a small gap and WOT and Ghost recon etc are good fillers .

• grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

I just started over on a Fantasy MMORPG that I played a couple years back. If you're a Final Fantasy fan, you have to give this game a chance. 

http://atlantica.nexon.net

I began a character on Argos after searching around that is the most populated server. Hope to see many of you join me :)

Black desert looks to be good as well