Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I played this game two days.

2»

Comments

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 124

My 2 pence. 

-A lot of the abilities seem rather arbitrary.

-Holy $%^# menus.

-They've set it up so that there are a ton of little items you have to hang onto while giving you incredibly minimal bag space.

-Bugs, oh so many bugs.

-Quests are uninspired.

-Not much explanation given for various aspects of the game.

-No report spam and ignore feature.

-For @#$^ sake why are the bags so small?! Even the ones you buy with SC.

I know the game needs to make money, but you can do that without making your customers feel as if they are having the piss taken. Personally if I'm having fun, I'll throw oodles of cash at a game. But when I get that "oh look, another dick way they want to get me to spend my money" feeling, I tend to drop the game pretty fast.

Clever things.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Well...the game is in beta.
  • BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198

I love the idiots that say well you don't have to buy everything!!!  How about you charge me 15 bucks a month and put everything in the game.  Instead of the cash shop.  Unless of course people are cool with dropping thousands of dollars on a computer game to have everything the game has to offer.

What a bargain!!

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    All these graphics suck yada yada comments are funny. The game is free. What's even funnier is that they could have watched a video before playing the game. Man, got to wonder how some of these posters make it through life.
  • Bandaid47Bandaid47 Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by TalulaRose
    All these graphics suck yada yada comments are funny. The game is free. What's even funnier is that they could have watched a video before playing the game. Man, got to wonder how some of these posters make it through life.

Yeah saw the graphics on youtube and through screen shots..looks pretty bad.

Its free but so are a lot of other game that are better looking.

I make it through life just fine thanks...so much so that I don't need a game to be free to play it (which isn't saying much but still)

Also since everyone wants f2p to be the standard, I have no tolerance for a game being free...none...if f2p is the future it cant be an excuse for low quality anymore

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    This game looks DOA to me. Graphics from years ago. Dated mechanics. All it has going for it is pokemon with dragons. It is live and both servers are at minimal population. Hell, no one even knows about the game.
  • FrekFrek Member UncommonPosts: 53

I was curious so I downloaded the 10 GB client this afternoon.

The good:

- I like the character customization, tons of options, even different starting outfits, top notch

The bad:

- Only 2 servers and both were devoid of any players, I'm talking ghost town, not a good sign

- Combat needs a lot of work, it's very clumsy and buggy, sometimes your attacks work, sometimes they don't

- animations are very dated, creatures move around very awkwardly and frequently get caught on the environment, during the tutorial the green slimy things will have their health reset when they get 'stuck'. Took me a few mins to kill them.

- The art style strikes me as a really poor attempt at GW2

This game needs A LOT of work. I'm not even sure it's fair to say this game is in beta. For a F2P game I don't see how DP is going to be able to compete with the much better choices that are out there. Pretty much ANY F2P game on the market is a better choice. DP was all downhill after the character creation.

Nobody has to take my word for it though, download it yourself and see, the servers are totally empty and the game needs months of work before it will hold anybody's attention.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

.. well, they have your 20.- bucks

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I'm glad I cam across this thread.  I was thinking I wanted to try this shiny, new MMO, but wasn't sure because it was made by the people who made Runes of Magic.  It looks like they followed the same formula of putting too many basic MMO features behind a cash-shop wall.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is pay-to-win and you have to spend $250 or more to get the best gear, just like Runes of Magic.

Thanks for posting this so I don't waste my time or money on this.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I got to level 34 and just got bored. And all the crashes didn't help. Uninstalled and moving on. The Dragon thing was cool for awhile but it just didn't hook me. I mean why the lousy time limit on how long your Dragon pet can be out? And who came up with that stupid Dragon training system? This whole game seems to be about getting you to spend money. I'm starting to get sick and tired of game companies calling games f2p when they are not. I should have known better because SOE is involved in this game. if a game doesn't have a sub you can bet you will as you level up have to spend money in their cash shop. And you will be paying more than 15 a month. The whole point of this game is collecting Dragons. They give you 2 lousy slots the rest you have to buy. 
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by Agoden

I agree with some of the points made, but having only played 2 hours or so, combat felt way way worse then Tera and Neverwinter, it felt clunky and unresponsive to me, and the game looks Hideously old.

I was excited by the dragon taming as dragons are a small obsession of mine, but that really doesn't redeem how low-end this game felt, normally i say It's free, why not give it a shot and form your own opinion? But for this one I'd rather advice people to just stay away, theres absolutely nothing good to find here.

thank you

and paying to protect my items is a joke... Good luck SOE !!

• komarrkomarr Member UncommonPosts: 214

I've played a couple characters, the highest to 47.  The game is ok, but generic and fairly bland.  Here's my big issues with the game.

1. CRASHING.  Lots of people having this issue, at times you can't got 2 minutes without crashing to desktop.  I submitted a ticket and went round and round with them but they simply refuse to accept that it's server side issues.  I've frequently crashed mid-fight and relogged with the monster back at it's spawn point.  If I was D/C on my side usually they server takes a minute or so to register that, and you end up dead.

2. Pathing is aweful.  Monsters and npc's are hip-deep in the landscape, or disappear into it completely.  Mobs attacking you can move through you then turn to attack from behind, but you can't run through them.  This is particularly annoying since all your attacks, melee or ranged make you step forward, so you are constantly hitting empty air as mobs phase behind you.

3.  I will disagree with the "need cash to repair gear" argument.  Most vendors in game will repair gear for gold.

4. If you don't spend cash the game gets grindy fairly quickly.

5.  I've spent no cash on this game, despite having Station Cash sitting in my account because of the numerous bugs in addition to the above issues.

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

~Omar Khayyam

• ChocoKnightChocoKnight Member UncommonPosts: 6

After being pretty excited for this game, all I can say is I found it disappointing.

The graphics themselves are passable, but the animation is comically bad. I mean seriously, what is with the animation?? I honestly can't remember seeing another game with such awful animation. It completely ruins the immersion of the game. I assume it's a concession by the developers so the game runs smoother, but other action-combat MMO's manage to run just fine without slideshow animation, so no excuses.

I know everything is subjective to some extent, and people are entitled to their own opinions, but anyone who can look at that game, with that animation (which is part of the visual experience), and say that looks better than Neverwinter (the OP ~ and kind of funny he says it looks better than NW, and then later in the same post says the graphics "kind of suck"), really needs glasses.

That aside, the combat could have redeemed it, but it too is not good. You just mash your mouse button and deliver an endless high-speed flurry of attacks and combos. There's no sense of timing or weight behind anything you do. It is not nearly as nuanced, fun, or rewarding as NW or Tera's combat, or even the combat of other lesser action-combat MMO's like Raiderz or C9.

It's sad, because the other elements of the game seem solid, which wouldn't surprise me considering the developers, but that spastic combat and animation made the game unplayable for me.