Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    . . . .wait 2 is already F2P but 1 wasnt. . . . . im so confused.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

and its consider a good news. yay gaming world. ^__^

and how much longer SOE close it same as vangard?

• JimLadJimLad Member CommonPosts: 187

They delayed it a bunch of times but I can confirm it is now up and running. Just logged in, no cash shop or anything.

Come join us for a fight. :)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    What is the benefit of playing PS1 as opposed to PS2? If it's completely free with no cash shop why would they keep it up and running at a loss? I feel like they are going to shut it down if that's the case.
  • JimLadJimLad Member CommonPosts: 187

Beats me :/ all I know is I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts. It's a very different game to PS2.

• ValkanisarValkanisar Member UncommonPosts: 494
    come on guys..we need more to join VS...there is just 7 of us lol
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

had somce nice fights Saturday. Glad to see OneBadDude, and another CR5 online and guiding strategy. What PS1 needs now, more than ever, is to form one single VS outfit. I spent a total of six hours playing PS1 this weekend and most of the time I felt solo without backup. I pull an AA max, I get fragged by infantry; I pull infantry and I get Fragged by Air. The enemy was using coordinated efforts, and VS needs to as well.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

¨Q: I don’t see PlanetSide 1 mentioned anywhere, are they eligible for this program?
    A: We will offer PlanetSide 1 as free to play game for everyone when the new program rolls out, on or about April 29th, 2014 (or sooner!). Please note that PS1 has no Marketplace and will not see further game development. We know that a large number of people have played it in the past, and we hope you’ll enjoy it again, on us.¨

So the game wont have a cash shop because there will be no further development and additions to the game. Fair enough, but that also means no profit for SOE and an actual loss to keep the servers running. Removing all support from the game only means an imminent shutdown around the corner. I never played PS1 and with PS2 out there i certainly wont play it because it looks too old for my taste, but ill certainly try it myself to see what a lot of people claim was better than PS2.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I'm pretty sure they turned on the non-monetized version (PS1) because a huge % of PS1 players have *not* tried the monetized version (PS2). They want to make us hungry for warfare so that we're tempted to download PS2. Smart move; they will probably get a few.

But I have no interest, but lots of hate for, the game-monetization bait and switch that is F2P.

Originally posted by rojo6934
    ...but ill certainly try it myself to see what a lot of people claim was better than PS2.

Don't bother. There are only a few dozen players, and several features (like Mechs) are turned off. It really is nothing like PS1 prior to it's initial shut down. But fun to be had for any PS1 vets like myself. No one knows it's turned on. I do because (1) I visit the mmorpg Pub often and (2) someone posted there about PS1 reopening before MMORPG staff moved the post here (where no one will see it).

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315
    is this gane alive /
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    jakoblin said:
    is this gane alive /
    no
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    jakoblin said:
    is this gane alive /
    Literally dead, as in shut down.