Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar Economic Game

13»

Comments

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Vee4240
    Originally posted by Azzras
    Originally posted by Prhyme
    The gold being spent to buy CREDD is made in game. It does not artificially pump gold into the economy.

CREDD is not tradeable. It's sold on the commodities exchange for the current going price.

Gold is not the ultimate source of power in WildStar, but more of a convenience. You cannot buy the best gear, it must be earned through playing the game.

CREDD is nothing more than advertised: it allows players who play a ton to purchase their sub with in-game gold. It allows people with less time to safely purchase gold by selling credd via the CX.

welp, that killed this thread. We can all go log back into our games of choice now! 

Hardly kills the thread.

It's his opinion that CREDD will not affect the game.

Does it mean that gold is worthless?  Can you not get an advantage by having more gold? 

Does it not encourage more botting?

You may dismiss these concerns out of hand, but I do not.

Youre beating a dead horse man. The system supports the two forms of play: People with all the time in the world, and those that have jobs. You, I and everyone in the world knows that botters will be there no matter what. It's not up to us as players to 'fix' that issue. The best we can do is not give in to cheating. I firmly believe that those who abuse their time in-game by purchasing from gold sellers will be reckoned with accordingly. That isn't our problem. And the only way it it wont work is if the PLEXs are dirt cheap anyway. Otherwise they will be a decent gold sink for those who have all that time to save it all. 

Stop confusing facts with opinions. 

Seems your 'facts' are more opinionated than my theories.

One more thing....IT'S FUCKING CREDD.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

CREDD could very well end up being the worst decision Carbine ever made.

Goldsellers will be falling over each other to supply the gold that players want ("need") to buy their CREDD with. Thousands of players will see the chance to effectively pay their Wildstar sub with cheap gold they buy from goldsellers. No need to grind or sweat, just buy the gold from goldsellers, easy and quick.

If the player can buy enough illegal RMT gold for like $5 or $7.50 to cover their CREDD for the month, they'll be smiling. The goldsellers will get ALL their money, Carbine will get ZERO.

I hope Carbine have some really robust anti-botting systems in Wildstar, else it's going to be a bloodbath. The goldsellers get more sophisticated and persistent every day.

• Vee4240Vee4240 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    The gold being spent to buy CREDD is made in game. It does not artificially pump gold into the economy.

CREDD is not tradeable. It's sold on the commodities exchange for the current going price.

Gold is not the ultimate source of power in WildStar, but more of a convenience. You cannot buy the best gear, it must be earned through playing the game.

CREDD is nothing more than advertised: it allows players who play a ton to purchase their sub with in-game gold. It allows people with less time to safely purchase gold by selling credd via the CX.

welp, that killed this thread. We can all go log back into our games of choice now! 

Hardly kills the thread.

Does it mean that gold is worthless?  Can you not get an advantage by having more gold? 

Youre beating a dead horse man. The system supports the two forms of play: People with all the time in the world, and those that have jobs. You, I and everyone in the world knows that botters will be there no matter what. It's not up to us as players to 'fix' that issue. The best we can do is not give in to cheating. I firmly believe that those who abuse their time in-game by purchasing from gold sellers will be reckoned with accordingly. That isn't our problem. And the only way it it wont work is if the PLEXs are dirt cheap anyway. Otherwise they will be a decent gold sink for those who have all that time to save it all. 

So angry! And what exactly are you mad at?! Do you have enough money or time to play the game or not? Do you work for Carbine? PLEX...CREDD, WHAT EVER! 

You're worried about something you know will happen, bots. Now the question is can you fix it? No. Do the devs know how to reduce gold selling. Yes. Will we all play if they do a shitty job. No. And at that point will you still complain. Probably so. 

You really think you can single handedly prevent the fail of an economy better than a AAA studio hired economic strategist? 

Hardly kills the thread.

So angry! And what exactly are you mad at?! Do you have enough money or time to play the game or not? Do you work for Carbine? PLEX...CREDD, WHAT EVER! 

You're worried about something you know will happen, bots. Now the question is can you fix it? No. Do the devs know how to reduce gold selling. Yes. Will we all play if they do a shitty job. No. And at that point will you still complain. Probably so. 

You really think you can single handedly prevent the fail of an economy better than a AAA studio hired economic strategist? 

I'm not angry in the least.  I used profanity to emphasize that you are misusing terminology.

I didn't start this thread.

I am only giving my opinions.

Why do you consider my feedback to this thread 'complaining'?

Have I mentioned anything that's not worth consideration?

Have I been lying?  Did I ever say that my theories were fact?  That would be silly, the game is still in Beta after all.

I understand that you may be seeing this game with ruby-tinted-glasses, but that doesn't mean I can't contribute to a conversation that is explicitly about concerns for the economy.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by thinktank001
    Originally posted by Gdemami

It does affect gold sellers. There will be an official way how to exchange real for ingame currency.

There will be a competition for gold seller industry - players themselves.

This is complete BS.      D3 RMAH gave us enough evidence to prove that developer implemented RMT does nothing, but give 3rd party RMT the nod that it is ok to do their business.

naw it doesnt really tell 3rd party it is okay, but am certain it holds a hand under the 3rd party gold sellers minimum prices - putting a very solid price on what gold, or whatever the currency is called, should cost....I actually would be suprised if it doesnt help goldsellers sell at higher prices.

• Agathos88Agathos88 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    If all pans out it should work out fairly well.

-Prior story writer for MMORPG.com

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

CREDD could very well end up being the worst decision Carbine ever made.

Goldsellers will be falling over each other to supply the gold that players want ("need") to buy their CREDD with. Thousands of players will see the chance to effectively pay their Wildstar sub with cheap gold they buy from goldsellers. No need to grind or sweat, just buy the gold from goldsellers, easy and quick.

If the player can buy enough illegal RMT gold for like $5 or $7.50 to cover their CREDD for the month, they'll be smiling. The goldsellers will get ALL their money, Carbine will get ZERO.

I hope Carbine have some really robust anti-botting systems in Wildstar, else it's going to be a bloodbath. The goldsellers get more sophisticated and persistent every day.

I didn't think about this. 

One thing to note is that Carbine will get extra income from selling the CREDD, thus they could actually encourage this. Publishers love their money.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    @SpottyGekko - you make a great point except for one thing. The gold sellers could certainly undersell gold and make a sub $5-$7 for the amount of gold it would take to buy creed. But, the creed has to be available in the first place and someone will have to have paid Carbine for it. This will just mean that the amount of gold for Creed would go up, and you'd end up spending more from the gold sellers.
    Basically, demand will go up, but will there be the supply?
    Carbine will win either way, THEY offer the Creed, it's up to the community to set the price. Going the gold seller route will only drive prices up.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Svarcanum
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Voqar
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Well they are selling CREDD which is basically PLEX from Eve.

You cannot change the CREDDS back to real currency but if  you are looking for economy with goals and valuables then you can definately play market with abusing the CREDD prices.

Is the economy anything like eve? Nope, the gear is generated as drops and never lost.

I don't know why people compare CREDD to PLEX.

CREDD is more like the gem store in GW2.  It's a F2P element being jammed into a premium sub-based game.

It is a way for players to spend cash to get game gold.  Anything else that occurs as a side effect (someone paying for their sub by proving the gold to the cash for gold buyer) is irrelevant.  Carbine markets CREDD as a way for you to pay for your sub by playing (generating extra gold) while completely not mentioning the fact that the end result of all of this is players paying cash for gold.  (They buy the CREDD for cash, and sell it to you in game for gold, so they spend cash, get gold, Carbine/NCSoft take a cut, just like a Chinese gold farmer - get it?)

The bottom line is that CREDD is built-in RMT - real money for gold - and is built in cheating.  RMT is usually against the TOS of any MMORPG worth laying and a bannable offense for buyers or sellers.  But somehow people are ok with it being in WildStar and with Carbine/NCSoft providing the mechanism for it to happen.  $60 box.  $15/mo.  And Carbine/NCSoft need to sellout the integrity of the game to make a few extra bucks whoring gold for cash too?  Yeah!

If you think losers being able to get gold for cash won't affect the economy in the game, you're crazy.  Scrubs will buy gold for mounts, housing crap - stuff real players get thru playing.  But far worse, scrubs will be buying gold to get AMPs, gear, consumables, crafting mats, and things tied to player economy, and it'll drive up the prices on the better stuff, just like it does in any MMORPG economy where players can easily buy gold for cash.

Prices will by driven down by the CREDD system not up. Gold is not injected into the game when you buy CREDD from the AH. It's taken from another player, and as you said, Carbine takes a cut. Thus gold is removed for every person that sells CREDD.

Players will not be in control over the value of CREDD. The theory is that the players pt in the gold 1st and then take it out and there can only be as much coming out as what has 1st been put in. But, early on, in the beginnings of this game, do you honestly think Carbine would ever say, "Oh, sorry, you can't buy any today, no one has sold into the pot"?  All Carbine would do is "borrow" from future contributions. Meaning, they'll give you your gold now and "put it back later" Well, great, but it also means that carbine controls the supply in the supply and demand thing.

So you're basing your whole theory of inflation on your own, quite personal, speculations? Well, if that's the case, we need not argue anymore.

Are you really suggesting that Carbine is actually going to turn players with money in hand, away and that they can't buy CREDD because Carbine doesn't have the gold on the back end? Are you also suggesting that early on, there won't be a bigger demand to buy gold then the availability to put it back in?  Their entire revenue stream is tied up in this since it also ties in Subs. Do you really believe Carbine is going to release this system without maintaining total control over this?

Originally posted by Voqar
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Well they are selling CREDD which is basically PLEX from Eve.

You cannot change the CREDDS back to real currency but if  you are looking for economy with goals and valuables then you can definately play market with abusing the CREDD prices.

Is the economy anything like eve? Nope, the gear is generated as drops and never lost.

I don't know why people compare CREDD to PLEX.

CREDD is more like the gem store in GW2.  It's a F2P element being jammed into a premium sub-based game.

It is a way for players to spend cash to get game gold.  Anything else that occurs as a side effect (someone paying for their sub by proving the gold to the cash for gold buyer) is irrelevant.  Carbine markets CREDD as a way for you to pay for your sub by playing (generating extra gold) while completely not mentioning the fact that the end result of all of this is players paying cash for gold.  (They buy the CREDD for cash, and sell it to you in game for gold, so they spend cash, get gold, Carbine/NCSoft take a cut, just like a Chinese gold farmer - get it?)

The bottom line is that CREDD is built-in RMT - real money for gold - and is built in cheating.  RMT is usually against the TOS of any MMORPG worth laying and a bannable offense for buyers or sellers.  But somehow people are ok with it being in WildStar and with Carbine/NCSoft providing the mechanism for it to happen.  $60 box.  $15/mo.  And Carbine/NCSoft need to sellout the integrity of the game to make a few extra bucks whoring gold for cash too?  Yeah!

If you think losers being able to get gold for cash won't affect the economy in the game, you're crazy.  Scrubs will buy gold for mounts, housing crap - stuff real players get thru playing.  But far worse, scrubs will be buying gold to get AMPs, gear, consumables, crafting mats, and things tied to player economy, and it'll drive up the prices on the better stuff, just like it does in any MMORPG economy where players can easily buy gold for cash.

Prices will by driven down by the CREDD system not up. Gold is not injected into the game when you buy CREDD from the AH. It's taken from another player, and as you said, Carbine takes a cut. Thus gold is removed for every person that sells CREDD.

Players will not be in control over the value of CREDD. The theory is that the players pt in the gold 1st and then take it out and there can only be as much coming out as what has 1st been put in. But, early on, in the beginnings of this game, do you honestly think Carbine would ever say, "Oh, sorry, you can't buy any today, no one has sold into the pot"?  All Carbine would do is "borrow" from future contributions. Meaning, they'll give you your gold now and "put it back later" Well, great, but it also means that carbine controls the supply in the supply and demand thing.

So you're basing your whole theory of inflation on your own, quite personal, speculations? Well, if that's the case, we need not argue anymore.

Are you really suggesting that Carbine is actually going to turn players with money in hand, away and that they can't buy CREDD because Carbine doesn't have the gold on the back end? Are you also suggesting that early on, there won't be a bigger demand to buy gold then the availability to put it back in?  Their entire revenue stream is tied up in this since it also ties in Subs. Do you really believe Carbine is going to release this system without maintaining total control over this?

Not Carbine, NCSoft.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Not Carbine, NCSoft.

I stand corrected