Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really tempted to buy the alpha, have a few questions

KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

So, Archage has been one of my watching from afar games for a while, I have kept an eye on it without getting overly into it (due to the confusion over western launch etc).

Now that the founders packs are here I am getting tempted, normally I avoid founders packs for games that are going to be free simply because with a free to play game I normally prefer to see if I enjoy the game before handing over my cash, although once I do I tend to spend a fair bit.

So heres the thing, I normally give my self about a 100 Euros for games each month buying it wont break the bank thats for sure but at the same time its a significant enough outlay for one game to give me pause.   Basically if I buy it, thats my gaming purchases done for the month.

So I have some questions.

1, How far along is localisation, quests, tutorials and such fully translated is the minimum I would expect, is this now a case of them tweaking balance and systems to suit the audience?

2, Credits, the game advertises credits in the same name as in Rift, I have a large number of Credits sat in my Rift account are these applied to Archage or are the Credits there considered a different currency like with Defiance? (I assume the cash shop isnt in yet, but does the balance show up?)

3, How pervasive is PvP.  I come from the camp that wants a PVE oriented sandbox with optional PVP, I know that during siege time the two "leveling" contents have areas where PvP is on and during peace time its off and that the north is always on pvp but how much does it pervade into day to day game play? (This is the big question for me, I am not against PVP I just find that full pvp sandboxes tend to turn into the griefers paradise due to the fact most of them have 0 real consequence for griefing actions, and only seem to actually enforce consequence on players that are not griefing).

I know that sounds a little carebareish and well to that I say "so what?".   What I am looking for is a world to explore secrets to find a deep and meaningful crafting system and the freedom to set my own goals, I don't want to have to watch out for red flag players constantly, well unless I choose to engage in that.

3.1, If I avoid the "Siege times" how much am I going to be hindering my self?

4, Following on from the above, I understand there are world bosses to kill, but beyond those and the north continent sieges what is the gameplay at "end game" like?

5, Is it plausible to have a small guild city with the housing system? not a castle but a collection of houses in a close locale?

6, What sort of support for guild functionality exists?  Chat? Bank? resource sharing? 

7, How easy is it to get lost?  I want a game where I can set out wandering, see something in the distance and just think "Thats cool I want to go see that" So does it have that element?

Thank you very much for your time, your answers will help me decide if my Euros go here or elsewhere.

Comments

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Don't buy it - it's a trick to get you to spend your Money.

Go to www.twitch.tv  and search for Archeage. Then you can find all the answears on your question, or see how PvP is working in the game.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

1. Noticed there are still some voice over to be done. Never ran into anything else that wasnt translated.

2.Credits are a form of currency only usuable in the cash shop to buy Cosmetic things for the most part. Best Gear and Mounts are not on Cash Shop.

3. First few zones until 30 are considered nuetral and you cant be attacked in those.
    There are quests as early as 10 that send you to enemy territory. Once you start getting to the higher zones there is a feature kind of like a War Zone. It tells you if the zone is under war and if so its full on Open World PvP. If its not then its a normal zone.
    Once you hit 50 and go to the Northern Continent, its full on Open World PvP

3.1 Not sure it will tbh.

4. No End Game PvE atm. Trion said that is one thing they will be adding.

5. All Housing is First Come First Serve. If you and your guildies can find the space you can put your houses and farms all in the same area. The earlier you secure land the easier it is to get. Within a few months of launch land will be more bought and sold than just claimed. You also pay taxes on all the land/homes/farm you own.. if someone doesnt pay their taxes.. it tells you exactly down to the minute when the land will be available.

6. Chat, Housing on Northern Continent, Not sure on the bank.

7. You wont get lost. The world is huge and even on a mount it takes time to cross.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Thanks for the answers, appreciate it.
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

Don't buy it - it's a trick to get you to spend your Money.

Go to www.twitch.tv  and search for Archeage. Then you can find all the answears on your question, or see how PvP is working in the game.

So far I have clocked up about 30 hours of watching videos on You tube / Twitch these were questions that just dont seem to quite get straight answers through that medium.

• falconhandfalconhand Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Thx Krimzin for taking time to tell something about the pvp. I myself are also more a pve then a pvp player and had the same question about what a pve player can do in this game without being attacked and killed by other players :)