Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Those that are Alpha testing, what is the One feature of this game that really hits a home run?

VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Every game I play seems to have a big feature or two that really gets me on the hook. I've been watching a few videos of the gameplay and some reviews of it and even though it has a lot of depth, I dont see a feature that has really made me go "wow, now I gotta see what this is all about!"

I think its because just due to the vast amount of things you can do in the game, most reviews and videos are just skimming the surface.  So im asking those of you who are playing, whats the ONE thing thats in the game that has set its hooks into you?

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    There are a lot of features I like, but the one I love is boats/sailing. The reason I think this game is going to be successful, is because it has pretty much everything, and it's done fairly well.
  • MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    There are a lot of features I like, but the one I love is boats/sailing. The reason I think this game is going to be successful, is because it has pretty much everything, and it's done fairly well.

Completely agree with the above, my favorite part is boats/sailing too, but it's definitely not an easy choice, there's so much done right that it's easy to ignore whats not done right (imo)

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Malacth

Completely agree with the above, my favorite part is boats/sailing too, but it's definitely not an easy choice, there's so much done right that it's easy to ignore whats not done right (imo)

The first 20 lvl's are very easy, but very fast to level through. The game really opens up after 20 and then it actually gets kinda hard. Now I hate questing and linear quest paths, but for some reason it doesn't bother me much in those 20 levels. I think it's because it goes by so fast.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Boats is the easy answer.  Also, unlike VG they are more than just toys to have.
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Boats is the easy answer.  Also, unlike VG they are more than just toys to have.

looking back that was really the one thing that stuck out to me, just wish I could see more. I'll have to dig around YouTube. oddly enough, stealing crops also seemed, well, fun :)

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

The sheer complexity of crafting. Get a garden (farm) to raise geese, need to feed the geese so raise beans. Some get sick have make medicine. Whoops cant make that until you have a farmer's workbench. Once you have that you need to grow 3 other types of materials.

And boats.....

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Dude, calm down!

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

I really like the arrow under my character's feet that tells me where to go.

Without it I would have no idea what to do.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    It actually has real open world pvp
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by stayBlind

I really like the arrow under my character's feet that tells me where to go.

Without it I would have no idea what to do.

The demise of mmorpgs was WoWs questhelper. Every game has an arrow now and destroys the immerions imho. I'm glad you like it though, anyone with the name stayBlind should probably need one.  :) 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Open World Housing.
    Open World PvP even against your own faction if they piss you off.
    Gliders and the mechanics behind them.
    How big the world feels.
    The fact that crafting is tied to every part of the game.

Oh wait, you said one thing that hits a home run.. Pick one, your choice they all do.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • GrievousXiGrievousXi Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I'm really enjoying the wide open world, and the glider. I jumped off a mountain bridge and glided down past 3 waterfalls...killer views all the way down.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    World size, the world is not a closet. Its abslolutely huuuuge.

And this game is an explorers dream as well as an rpers dream.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Is the open world PvP non-consensual?
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean

Is the open world PvP non-consensual?

Yes but its area based. Meaning you don't want to fight? Stay out of warzones and stick to your starting continent.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Archeage isn't about one feature it's about the combination of features this is why it's so great all past good MMOs had multiple features that made them better above the competetion.

ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Maquiame

World size, the world is not a closet. Its abslolutely huuuuge.

And this game is an explorers dream as well as an rpers dream.

This sounds great. How much of the map is open to explore currently?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Fifty percent and its still huge

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

It's so hard to narrow it down, but the fact that you can see crazy far into the distance, with mountains looking like huge mountains should, and everything properly to scale to give the feeling of an absolutely immense world... that's what does it for me.

It also helps that I can see a player riding up on their horse miles away when I'm on the top of a cliff, or a player boat way off on the horizon. Waiting for the airship and seeing players glide around the zone getting from point to point. Running by farms and seeing people raising cattle, watering plants, etc. It all just gives that world feeling that is necessary for an MMO to feel right. Nobody has to rush. Very rarely do games get this right, and ArcheAge has solidified it. 

I also love the fact that the combat feels weighty and every strike is devastating to the enemy. It has a really satisfying feel to it.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Maquiame

Fifty percent and its still huge

Wow, I love the sound of that!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by DMKano

To me it's the feeling I get when I play it - it feels like I am in a world, not a game. The crafting can be really relaxing as it takes time.

ArcheAge has moments when players can slow down, relax, plant some crops - chat with other players - it doesn't have to be a constant stream of non-stop kill kill kill.

The game gives you room to stop and breathe - I like that about it a lot.

Pretty much  ^^ This ^^ for me too :)

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    looking at the various streams, the nr 1 feature of archeage seems to be the naked group dancing
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Malacth

Not yet far in the game (L12), but I just love the farming thing. Questing is so-so (somewhat generic) as well as (PvE) combat. But the feeling that this game holds quite a lot of sand makes up for it all.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

I know I'm gonna get laughed at but I love saltwater fishing from a fishing boat!

/grin

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Can the following be called a feature?
    It feels like I'm in a world. Not some squared off zone.