Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Would you like the old trading system back in the game?

RachelQuiricoRachelQuirico Member Posts: 1

Plz vote on this poll whether you think old D3 trading system should be reimplemented:

http://strawpoll.me/1496872

Votes are collected from various D3 forums & D3 stream viewers.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Right now, "the game is fine" is the most popular option.

I agree .. i would much rather find my gear, then save up and buy it from the AH.

• Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Right now, "the game is fine" is the most popular option.I agree .. i would much rather find my gear, then save up and buy it from the AH.
    This.
  • Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    The RMAH was the WORST idea ever, absolute garbage idea. The game is fine 'as is', explore and grind your own items, quit trying to take the easy way out and buy your way to perfection, is what I think. D3 is not about a gear race, it's about exploring and discovery, in a grind-whack-mole setting. An AH in this setting is pathetic.
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    The RMAH was the WORST idea ever, absolute garbage idea. The game is fine 'as is', explore and grind your own items, quit trying to take the easy way out and buy your way to perfection, is what I think. D3 is not about a gear race, it's about exploring and discovery, in a grind-whack-mole setting. An AH in this setting is pathetic.

and originally i thought gold will be useless in the new game .. .not so ... you can spend a huge amount to try to get perfect rolls on enchantment.

Since v2.0 patch, I have already spent like 60M gold mainly on rerolling gear (and also making gems, but that is probably a smaller portion).

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by RachelQuirico

Plz vote on this poll whether you think old D3 trading system should be reimplemented:

http://strawpoll.me/1496872

Votes are collected from various D3 forums & D3 stream viewers.

I like the current form of the game. Though I was not anti-AH before, I never used it and did not make games with other players so did not have it impact my game at all. But I prefer self-found all the way and am happy that I can now find decent items without having to plonk gold in the AH or hope for having a half-way decent drop after days and days played.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• KJ30KJ30 Member Posts: 47
    A trading system is an important aspect of many games , and many many players enjoy it. I believe that a trading system in diablo 3(even if it is different from the old) would be a plus(+) for the community. As long of course , as they do not ''touch'' - change the latest modifications(drop rates...etc).
    Originally posted by KJ30
    A trading system is an important aspect of many games , and many many players enjoy it. I believe that a trading system in diablo 3(even if it is different from the old) would be a plus(+) for the community. As long of course , as they do not ''touch'' - change the latest modifications(drop rates...etc).

A trading system is an important aspect of many, but not all games.

I don't play D3 for the community. I play it for fun combat and loot. And it is quite clear that the core game of D3 is combat & loot, not trading (stating as such by devs).

I would much rather find my loot, and buy it with gold or money.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Despite offering slanted options instead of a simple restore most voted the game is fine. It's also meaningless because people can vote multiple times. You need a better poll. Not that it matters because no one with a lick of sense trusts internet polls. Blizzard certainly doesn't listen to them.  

Well, whoever Blizz listened to must have felt the same way as the poll.

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I agree .. i would much rather find my gear, then save up and buy it from the AH.

I played that way from launch. I may have been far, far, far less powerful than those who purchased gear but the game remained fun (for me).

Originally posted by Sunnyguy46

I played that way from launch. I may have been far, far, far less powerful than those who purchased gear but the game remained fun (for me).

wow .. nice.

Now it must be even more fun?

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

The current system is fine. The only thing I'd like to see changed is for BoA items to be tradable between clan members (and possibly people on friends lists). This would not only shut up all the people whining that "Diablo was a trading game, waaah!", but actually aid Blizzard in stamping out third party RMT by forcing the gold farmers to utilize social functions in order to transfer things around.

Now if you'll excuse me, I just found a really nice set recipe the other day and need to go farm mats for it.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

I did not vote in the poll. One reason I don't even know what BOA stands for.

Here is my story. My 12 year old nephew bought the game (with his allowance) 2 copies for him and I.

We played several sessions and found out that we were unable to trade.

All the good stuff is account bound. We are both disappointed, but we continue to play occasionally.

If I find something while we are not playing together, I can't gift it to him.

Seems very unreasonable to me.

We have only owned the game for the last 2 weeks.

I have no idea what it was like prior.

Originally posted by ShortyBible

I did not vote in the poll. One reason I don't even know what BOA stands for.

Here is my story. My 12 year old nephew bought the game (with his allowance) 2 copies for him and I.

We played several sessions and found out that we were unable to trade.

All the good stuff is account bound. We are both disappointed, but we continue to play occasionally.

If I find something while we are not playing together, I can't gift it to him.

Seems very unreasonable to me.

We have only owned the game for the last 2 weeks.

I have no idea what it was like prior.

Prior was the opposite. You don't have to find anything nice .. just save up your gold, and buy gear off the AH.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    BoA items have no place in an ARPG. That's my only comment on this poll.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Why?

ARPG is about hack-n-slash and get loot, not hack-n-slash, and then buy loot.

Why?

Trades. The whole thing that made Diablo 2 a good game.

If you are insinuating I want to be able to buy it with gold off an auction house, you are wrong. I would just want to be able to trade the items I don't need for something I do need.

Kind of the core of the game for me.

• Trading sucked and was boring.

Originally posted by Axxar

Trading sucked and was boring.

Well it looks D3 is for you then! I don't see them backtracking on this anyway, it was a pipe dream to hope they could release a game as good as D2 was for me.

Why?

Trades. The whole thing that made Diablo 2 a good game.

If you are insinuating I want to be able to buy it with gold off an auction house, you are wrong. I would just want to be able to trade the items I don't need for something I do need.

Kind of the core of the game for me.

well i suppose the core game is different from everyone.

In this case, the D3 dev team states pretty clearly that from 2.00 onwards, the core game is hack-n-slash + loot, not trading.

I guess D3 is not the game for you.