Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think the economy is officially broken now.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
The gold sellers must of took full advantage of all zenimax's bugs. When I started they were only selling 1k, then like a week later 10k, now its up to 100k. So, yeah if even 1000 people out of the player base buy 100k-1millon gold. That would be the end of any kind of real economy.  

Comments

• movros99movros99 Member UncommonPosts: 125

Not true at all.  Simply don't buy gold is the short answer.

The economy does not have to be ruined for you if you do not do business with people who buy gold.  Find a nice guild that supports honest play and the economy for your account will be just fine.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by movros99

The economy does not have to be ruined for you if you do not do business with people who buy gold.  Find a nice guild that supports honest play and the economy for your account will be just fine.

AN other reason it's not really true in ESO is because of the lack of an auction house. If no one in your guilds have gold or used the dupe exploit, then the economy for those guilds have not been ruined because no one will drive up prices in the guild trade house. If ESO had an auction house like most MMOs have, a lot of players would start to drive up prices and basically destroy the economy.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Easier said than done. You can not expect people to be that intelligent. Hence, they need of more agrressive actions by Zenimax.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

This won't stop other people from doing it and taking advantage of you, though. "Don't do it" when addressing a specific individual isn't an answer to any global problem.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Reizla

AN other reason it's not really true in ESO is because of the lack of an auction house. If no one in your guilds have gold or used the dupe exploit, then the economy for those guilds have not been ruined because no one will drive up prices in the guild trade house. If ESO had an auction house like most MMOs have, a lot of players would start to drive up prices and basically destroy the economy.

So if anyone in your guild has a lot of gold recently, kick them out before they buy everything image

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

Yeah, it's been at 100k for over a week.

(Note this is for my personal experience. Your experience may vary.)

I still wouldn't classify the economy as broken. In fact, I don't think it is breakable. That doesn't mean I think Zenimax created some amazing economic system. It's quite the opposite. I don't even consider buying things from other players. I vendor crafting materials I don't use. I also vendor any materials once they no longer fit my level range, and only those which pertain to my weapon and armor choices.

So, what does that leave me with? Respecs, horse food, bank/inventory space and repairs? Easily handled by the coin I take in. I haven't had the need to purchase any bank and inventory space since I was level 40, and that was quite awhile ago - I'm currently doing VR stuff. 120/120 is more than enough for the way I manage items, in fact the last 10 of each was simply because I accidentally hit the button while banking and I like things to be even, so I bought another 10 bag slots. In terms of crafting I have everything but enchanting between 43 and 50. Armor/weapons? I can make everything I need. I have all but one bow trait researched, the important traits on clothing and smithing researched.

I haven't redone my skill points yet, but I will when I've gained all the skill points you can get doing all three faction stories. Even at that point I don't think I'll have any money issues. I'm not going to be specific, but I have six digits and the only thing I buy is horse food and repairs.

Rather than editing my statement towards the top I'll change it. Is it broken? Probably. Does it matter? I would guess not at all for most people. But again, your experience may vary.

- Nellus

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Slackker

Yeah, it's been at 100k for over a week.

(Note this is for my personal experience. Your experience may vary.)

I still wouldn't classify the economy as broken. In fact, I don't think it is breakable. That doesn't mean I think Zenimax created some amazing economic system. It's quite the opposite. I don't even consider buying things from other players. I vendor crafting materials I don't use. I also vendor any materials once they no longer fit my level range, and only those which pertain to my weapon and armor choices.

So, what does that leave me with? Respecs, horse food, bank/inventory space and repairs? Easily handled by the coin I take in. I haven't had the need to purchase any bank and inventory space since I was level 40, and that was quite awhile ago - I'm currently doing VR stuff. 120/120 is more than enough for the way I manage items, in fact the last 10 of each was simply because I accidentally hit the button while banking and I like things to be even, so I bought another 10 bag slots. In terms of crafting I have everything but enchanting between 43 and 50. Armor/weapons? I can make everything I need. I have all but one bow trait researched, the important traits on clothing and smithing researched.

I haven't redone my skill points yet, but I will when I've gained all the skill points you can get doing all three faction stories. Even at that point I don't think I'll have any money issues. I'm not going to be specific, but I have six digits and the only thing I buy is horse food and repairs.

Rather than editing my statement towards the top I'll change it. Is it broken? Probably. Does it matter? I would guess not at all for most people. But again, your experience may vary.

Well i didnt want to get into the fact that there is almost no economy due to that fact, and most people dont trade. The only ones who would end up wanting to are people who just flat out dont craft. In which case they prolly have a friend who does, and just trades with them .

I was just focused on that the gold bots, already ruined any kind of hope that it might have a decent one. 

And to say that, just because I wont buy gold, and i find some others that dont. That is not how I like to play mmorpg economy. If i just wanted to play a game with 50-100 people and trade ect, there are 1000s of better options with player ran servers. 

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    In order to have a broken economy, one must first begin with an economy.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Stuff in Lineage 2 private stores sales for billions.  If that economy can continue then any can.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66

No u didn't OP,  

Did u just enter the world of MMIO'S recently, first time playing a MMO? Else i can not take it serious. All MMO players know what will happen even before the MMO is released.

1 simple rule DO NOT BUY GOLD, problem solved no more goldseller/ vamp/ww sellers ect.. ect. Just don't buy stuff that will negatively affect other players, because that way u are welcoming more of such people, this counts for every MMO. 

First of:

Gold sellers will be always around and spam chat, look at WOW in trade chat over there u will see only Goldsellers/boostsellers/arena-bg-raiting sellers/Raid gear spot sellers, list goes on and on. And u know WOW is still around almost a decay. And the economy is doing fine. So tell me how can ESO'S economy be broken?

Ohh yeah and ESO don't has a traditional AH, ESO'S AH is separated in layers / trade guilds, that u can freely join to determine if it is a decent trusty AH Trading Guild.  

If it was like AH in WOW it would be a bigger problem, but once again other MMO'S have same Issues and are still around and doing fine with Goldsellers/ Cheaters/ Botters.... 

By saying this i totally declare OP's post as useless really.

PS: Try playing other MMO'S and come back saying u don't sow any Goldsellers/ botters /cheaters around and tell what MMO it was, I am trilled to know what u will find out.

Sorry i am a bit caps addicted :-/ ..

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    The gold sellers must of took full advantage of all zenimax's bugs. When I started they were only selling 1k, then like a week later 10k, now its up to 100k. So, yeah if even 1000 people out of the player base buy 100k-1millon gold. That would be the end of any kind of real economy.  

It could be a sign that yes, gold farmers took advantage of the dupe bugs, but they might also be a victim of Large Supply, Little Demand. It's pretty much fire-sale time.

What happens when you have a ton of inventory and no one is buying? You sell it at incredible discounts!

If you stole a cargo truck full of PS4s, you sell them as fast as you can before you get busted. And from what I have experienced in the first few months of most of the major MMO releases of the last few years, the famers/sellers are in their final push mode. 

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

There are many factors that could contribute to this "price drop" for RMT "golds".

The goldsellers always maximise their efforts in the first month after release. That's when the most potential victims (..er, clients) are in the game. That's when the temptation to get ahead of everyone else is the strongest, because being one of the first few at level-cap has several advantages, specially in PVP.

It also takes time for the goldsellers to setup and fine-tune their botting scripts and automated character creation scripts. Once these are all running smoothly, it just becomes a matter of ramping-up the scale. By now, the various goldseller "companies" have several thousand) botting accounts running in the game.

Not only will the stocks of sellable currency rapidly increase as the botting is expanded, but there are also several goldsellers in competition with each other, which will inevitably drive the prices down.

Last night I was watching an apparently endless stream of L4 characters in prison rags appearing out of thin air in front of a quest giver in Glenumbra. They'd accept the quest and vanish again. I was eating dinner and just watching the screen. In a space of about 20 minutes, a new character arrived every 30 seconds or so on average. The quest is not repeatable, so each character was unique. That was just ONE quest giver, in ONE instance of ONE region in the game world.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    Gold sellers exist every time a MMO launches. If the OP's ideas were correct every MMO that has ever launched had its economy destroyed. Pure nonsense. Also the fact TESO has no Auction House limits the effect this can have.
  • johnangeljohnangel Member Posts: 15

Whenever I hear the word eso's economy I laugh. It's an oxymoron.

Eso does not have an economy.Your guild has one.Eso does not have one.Get it ?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

the gold duping bug already did that job. Everyone who exploited that bug contributed to the bad economy.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by johnangel

Oh yeah? what about all the people who prefer selling their stuff in zone chat? those prices are not dictated by guild store prices.

So yes there is economy outside of guild stores.

Stuff hardly sells in guild stores because of saturation of similar products. And you have to cut prices so much that you hardly make any profit and on top of that high guild fee to post items on  stores makes me stay away from it.

I only and only sell my stuff through zone chat and i am not the only who is realised that Guild Stores are utterly useless.

I wonder if you guys even play the game or what.

• NebellNebell Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Don't blame it on gold buyers.
    We are just like your rich neighbour. Lots of money and not enough time, so we take the shortcut. I think that I've bought about 400-500k gold. Most went into crafting and respecs.
  • masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Nebell
    Don't blame it on gold buyers. We are just like your rich neighbour. Lots of money and not enough time, so we take the shortcut. I think that I've bought about 400-500k gold. Most went into crafting and respecs.

Thank u for your post,  because this is a nice example why Goldseller's exist in MMO'S. Your Post says enough, it clarify's  the reason why players buy gold.

Players now-days are just to lazy to pick up some easy profession do quests to make / get gold. All needs to be easy and fast for those type of players. Where do they come from hmmm...what MMO especially?..hmmm.

PS: thanks for being honest about your doing, thumbs up.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I remember one thing EvE did to a guy once .. set his ingame account to minus that amount. Lost the ships he'd bought too.

That was ages ago though.

Shame they can't just put a sign upon game entry, any company advertising ingame (through third party or not) faces criminal charges. Let the other company worry about 'third parties' ;-)

Yeah i know they can't do that but we can dream eh

Originally posted by Deddmeat

I remember one thing EvE did to a guy once .. set his ingame account to minus that amount. Lost the ships he'd bought too.

That was ages ago though.

Shame they can't just put a sign upon game entry, any company advertising ingame (through third party or not) faces criminal charges. Let the other company worry about 'third parties' ;-)

Yeah i know they can't do that but we can dream eh

Lol, you don't think these goldsellers are actual "companies" do you ?

You think they pay taxes on all the money they make from selling botted "golds" ?

That gold they earn by running illegal bots on game accounts they buy using stolen credit card numbers ?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

So, in summary so far:

OP says Economy is broken, probably due to duping.

And all responses to defend ESO have been:

1. ESO doesn't need an economy

2. All MMOs have RMT

3. I can get by with what I have

All those responses are "smoke and mirrors"

No one has come back and argued the the economy is in good shape.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Yeah, the funniest one to me is that ESO doesn't have an economy, it has a GUILD economy.
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

So, in summary so far:

OP says Economy is broken, probably due to duping.

And all responses to defend ESO have been:

1. ESO doesn't need an economy

2. All MMOs have RMT

3. I can get by with what I have

All those responses are "smoke and mirrors"

No one has come back and argued the the economy is in good shape.

The ESO economy is in fine shape, lol.

How do I know this ?

Yesterday I received an ingame email from a large goldseller site advertising legendary tempers for $5 each...

If duping had already "ruined the economy", they wouldn't have a hope in hell of selling at that price, because the game would be flooded with rares. It isn't.

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

When people state these kinds of things, it always makes me wonder if they understand this at all. More money in the system doesnt change anything. Sure, if all you do is quest and sell to NPCs, then you will never be able to afford stuff sold by players if the currency inflates like crazy. The thing is, though, is that if everything has a giant price increase, so do your own items. Everything you find and want to sell is now worth that much more. If the price of everything goes up by 100, it doesnt matter, because you can still sell your stuff for a relative price.

If anything, I would say that higher prices from players HELPS the economy, because it forces more people to participate in it. Want to buy some stuff, but you dont have any money? You need to farm mats and whatever else, and then sell that stuff. More people farming the stuff gives greater diversity to the economy, with more suppliers. All and all, hyper inflation in an MMO is only bad for the people that want to play this game like it is a single player game, and, honestly, if that is how they are playing the game, then he prices of player goods doesnt matter.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by johnangel

Oh yeah? what about all the people who prefer selling their stuff in zone chat? those prices are not dictated by guild store prices.

So yes there is economy outside of guild stores.

Stuff hardly sells in guild stores because of saturation of similar products. And you have to cut prices so much that you hardly make any profit and on top of that high guild fee to post items on  stores makes me stay away from it.

I only and only sell my stuff through zone chat and i am not the only who is realised that Guild Stores are utterly useless.

I wonder if you guys even play the game or what.

+1 !!!!

Do I hate that there isn't an Auction House? Yeah, sometimes. To say it doesn't have an economy is waaaay out there though. I've been selling stacks of raw mats quite easily using Zone Chat. The only problem is that Zone Chat usually only publicizes big ticket items. You never see someone saying "WTS Stack of health pots!" which actually creates a problem because if you're looking for things like Enchanting Runes or something, it's just really difficult to find them. 

I've heard that there are some trading guilds with really active stores, but my guilds store is basically just window dressing. We've got more stashed in our guild bank than in the store. I actually use guild store space as a 30-day temporary bank slot, lol. I've sure if I wanted to be more active in trading, though, I could find a guild that is much more active. Easily.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------