Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Founder's Poll

GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

I'd like to get a general consensus on the response to these founder's packs. I'm currently on the fence and don't know what to do, and I'm sure there are others out there with the same problem. Then again, there are probably people out there who absolutely refuse to buy it and think it's a ripoff (which is a respectable opinion, everyone values things differently).

So, feel free to post a reply after you vote in the poll to explain why.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
-Narcissism: check.

Comments

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

I got it as a B-day present from my wife.... then turned around and bought a copy for my son to play.

WORTH EVERY CENT !

No i will not even begin to explain why, because its been said enough on just this forum, let alone others.

Lolipops !

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I chose "I will not buy it but I don't think it's a rip-off."  You can't rip someone off if you list exactly what they're getting and the exact price. 
  • GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

I got it as a B-day present from my wife.... then turned around and bought a copy for my son to play.

WORTH EVERY CENT !

No i will not even begin to explain why, because its been said enough on just this forum, let alone others.

How far have you played in the game? Have you got to the sandbox portion yet? I just decided what the hell and bought the Archeum pack, downloading now.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Can't think of any game that's worth 150+. Especially since, once you spent 150$, you are willing to pay far more, since "you already invested so much". No thanks. I'll much rather buy 3 to 6 very good regular games for that, or a bunch of board games, or anything else.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I'm on the fence. I don't like the idea behind Founders packs for a free to play type game. I guess part of it is that I have been burned on buying Founders packs in the past :-(

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

I purchased the 150$ pack. I took a leep of faith based on some play on the RU server, Videos, and feature lists. This game has what I have been looking for in a MMO for a long time. 

After playing for a 2 days, I can honestly say that even in alpha I do NOT regret my decision and have since cancelled my WildStar pre-order, and ArcheAge will become my new MMO home.

This game feels like a world..... and that is what I have been missing from my games.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    [x] I think this is another thing mmorpg.com forums are blowing out of proportion and we will never hear about again after 3 months.
  • Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

Back in the day before we had a child, I would have already been in-game. Since then, I tend to rethink things before squeezing the trigger. Not that I'm cheap or under-employed, it's more of a time -vs- reward thing. I have very little time to game these days.

Good luck to those who stepped up!

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Purchased the Archeum pack and don't regret it at all. Up to level 12 and having a blast. I also love how they do the class combinations, and have names for each of them.
  • cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Bought silver cause playing ffxiv atm

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Would love to buy one but apparently there site where u log in to buy one doesnt like Australia and wont allow u to log in :(
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    bought the 150$ pack and loving every second of it.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635

I selected, I will not buy it but  for a different reason(please post why)

I got into the alpha originally and got a chance to play it and came to the decision i really don't like Archeage after all those years of waiting and hype. I would have bought the founder pack if i had any interest in playing it after release but at this point i quit the game already so no reason to buy. Cheers.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Decided to buy the Alpha access on a whim, sometimes you just have to do something crazy.  Downloading it now, but won't get to play until tomorrow.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

For $150, I expect a nice box, with an art book and maybe a sound track inside, plus some statue or other collectors piece. I cant see it being worth it for just some digital content, though I wish the game wasnt f2p. Would rather pay to play or at least have the Guild Wars business model.

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    I think we can all agree at least this isnt Star Citizen where you can spend 15k just on ships alone.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Any of the founder's packs are really worth it if you plan on playing this game and investing yourself when it comes out.  The people that see it as a ripoff generally aren't interested in the game in the first place. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Selling alpha access bundled with some virtual goods is gross. 
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I can get a lot of good games for $150.00.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• badinovbadinov Member UncommonPosts: 2
    May have been expensive, but so far its been the most engaged i've been with a mmo in a while. 
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Decided to buy the Alpha access on a whim, sometimes you just have to do something crazy.  Downloading it now, but won't get to play until tomorrow.

haha  I got it on a whim too , cant stop playing it now , even thinking about when I'm not playing . Sad thing is I have wasted my remaining ESO 30 days.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Level 38 and almost as bored as I am with ESO. 

Lost 100 pines to the server outage last night and really do not even feel like logging in today.

Serious case of buyer's remorse.

I mean for $150 coulda got me a whole hour with that pretty , one wart girl up thar at the truck stop.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    If you find value in it it's not a rip off. I guess if you are going to go all out on having a castle and guild in the end game and want to be one of the first you might want to get a head start on learning the ins and outs of the game.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Having already played it, I wouldn't buy it. I don't think it's a ripoff if you buy it to play though.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
     I bought alpha to learn the game so I know what I'm doing for launch. Not going to play much since it's going to be wiped anyway plus I don't want to be burned out before launch. All in all I think it's a great game, gonna be here for awhile.