Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release

tborggrentborggren Member UncommonPosts: 14
When will that be?

Comments

• HerkoHerko Member UncommonPosts: 40

Alpha 3 has just started (yesterday, AFAIK), for those with the corresponding Kickstarter/paypal perk.

Looks like the plan is for Alpha 3 to go on for about some 8 weeks, depending on player feedback, then proceed with the Beta phases. AFAIK, Devs have mentioned that they estimate a release by the end of this year.

• PaddyspubPaddyspub Member Posts: 104
    Cool, hope it does come out by the end of this year, been following this game for awhile.  Hopefully it will be the new SWG but better. Think it will have a small-to-medium but loyal player base.

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

• SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 317
    I am amazed its still in alpha
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Sarla
    I am amazed its still in alpha

Thats is a good thing, it's like a say to my pizza guy "take your time I rather get it a few minutes late then on time but it tastes like crap".

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Paddyspub

Cool, hope it does come out by the end of this year, been following this game for awhile.  Hopefully it will be the new SWG but better. Think it will have a small-to-medium but loyal player base.

Cant wait to try it...since its free to try I might as well

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• looks like alpha 3 is doing good and another batch of testers will be let in this weekend!

this game is really looking like something many have been waiting for.

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    I liked what I saw on the official site and registered for beta.
  • GearboxGearbox Member UncommonPosts: 25

Sure hope this pans out. Finally something along the lines of pre-cu SWG.

• tedgptedgp Member Posts: 33
    If you want a new swg, then you need to be looking at H1Z1. Not this game.
  • BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by tedgp

H1Z1 is not the new SWG. SOE still can't seem to figure out what made SWG such a great game, much less create a true SWG sequel (minus the Star Wars IP). Instead they are wasting time with H1Z1, which may have some success, but they could really knock it out of the park if the built a true SWG style Sci-Fi game.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

funny to read that people think h1z1 will be anything like swg..

Like all other AAA companies out there.. They will simply focus on mainstream gaming..

Smedly is pretty smart tho.. he knows that SWG has a good reputation and just respond to that reputation with his statement you can come home now.. i just lolled.. he just mangels into the internet conversation without any info or backup of his new game..

h1z1 will be an competitor of dayz and rust.. nothing more nothing less

While this indi company with almost none reputation puts in efforts to actually make a good sandbox experience.

I played the game in an alpha weekend.. altho it was very buggy.. i can see what they are trying to do.. and believe or not.. it is looking good..

But hey, if you dont wanne back his project up and/or support the developers who are thinking outside the box.. its fine.. when this baby releases you can try it out for free..

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70

LOL you need to stop reading smeds twitter that guy is clueless. SoE has killed more games then they have created in recent years. H1Z1 is admittedly a hastily thrown together DayZ ripoff. I'll probably try it anyway since DayZ has no real hope with that garbage engine they used. 

I've been playing the Archeage alpha in hopes of that being a decent sandbox, but nope it's the same old crap I been playing for 10 years. 

I'd be thrilled if they pull off something great at repop and put some of these big budget studios to shame with their 10 min cinematic trailers that cost a fortune and have nothing to do with the game at all. One shameless cash grab after another is all the MMO industry has been lately. I'll gladly throw some money into this if they can make a decent game. 

• GurosanGurosan Member UncommonPosts: 24

this game does look and promises features that could really be fun.

gonna keep an eye on future developments.

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by Ragnar1337

LOL you need to stop reading smeds twitter that guy is clueless. SoE has killed more games then they have created in recent years. H1Z1 is admittedly a hastily thrown together DayZ ripoff. I'll probably try it anyway since DayZ has no real hope with that garbage engine they used. 

I've been playing the Archeage alpha in hopes of that being a decent sandbox, but nope it's the same old crap I been playing for 10 years. 

I'd be thrilled if they pull off something great at repop and put some of these big budget studios to shame with their 10 min cinematic trailers that cost a fortune and have nothing to do with the game at all. One shameless cash grab after another is all the MMO industry has been lately. I'll gladly throw some money into this if they can make a decent game. 

^^ this.

Zombies the new SWG?  Sony is not interested in recreating SWG.  Sony wants a new mega, compete with WoW crowd game.  The Repop is likely going to be the closest thing we've seen to SWG.  And the people creating this game are amazing and doing it out of passion.

No bitchers.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

Well Smedly just blew his cover as tedgp.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

Originally posted by Ragnar1337 I've been playing the Archeage alpha in hopes of that being a decent sandbox, but nope it's the same old crap I been playing for 10 years. 

Yep combat is a blast from the past, last decade mmo. I am sure it has some cool features as you get further out in the world, but i didn't last too long. First 5 hours was jumping quest hub, killing 5 of this and that, so boring with a cheesy eastern mmo feel to it. Stopped grinding quest hubs in mmos a long time ago.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Retired

Originally posted by Ragnar1337 I've been playing the Archeage alpha in hopes of that being a decent sandbox, but nope it's the same old crap I been playing for 10 years. 

Yep combat is a blast from the past, last decade mmo. I am sure it has some cool features as you get further out in the world, but i didn't last too long. First 5 hours was jumping quest hub, killing 5 of this and that, so boring with a cheesy eastern mmo feel to it. Stopped grinding quest hubs in mmos a long time ago.

Looking forward to the repop.  No idea on specific release date.

Lol you paid $150 to play it like a quest hub hoping themepark.  I would think someone that didn't like quest hubs would try to play the game differently...so confusing.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

Originally posted by Sarla I am amazed its still in alpha
    Thats is a good thing, it's like a say to my pizza guy "take your time I rather get it a few minutes late then on time but it tastes like crap".

I got nothing against the repo, (in fact i really like what they are doing) but that statement is ridiculous.

Telling a pizza dude that they can take 10 years to make your pizza wont make it taste any better. There comes a point where development time vs quality intersect and cancel each other out.

I give more respect to developers that have good project management and work to a release window/deadline.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 220

H1Z1 one looks like pi$$ in a bucket, nothing like SWG. Its gonna be a bad clone of Dayz for a money grab in a soon to be saturated market of niche games. They missed on this one already.

Anyways....Repop is on the top of my list as a SWG pre-Cu player.

~I am Many~