Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large City tour HD - amazing

2»

Comments

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by Pigozz
    Originally posted by Colt47
    Originally posted by Pigozz

Huh, after thinking about it since the castles are all static, they probably will have chess like take over strategies as well, meaning the entire siege system is going to result in a castle take over system that will run like Planet Side 2 continent battles.  So... Black Desert is going to be a parkour, monster madness, Action RPG MMO with static take over objectives and npc courtship.  =o

And one of the most complex crafting ever made

Seriously check the guides in this page http://black-desert.com/guides/ to see the depth

Not sure if that is going to be to the games benefit or not given what they are aiming for.  It's kind of like announcing a race car has a cotton candy machine built in with a back seat for someone to run it.  Sure, it sounds like a unique feature to have in a race car, but does the guy in the back seat have any interest in racing?  Not to mention imagine all of the complaints the guy in the back is going to give while the car is veering around turns and he is trying to make the perfect ball of fluff.

In all my time playing MMOs, I've never once met someone who both loved PvP action and liked to sit down and meticulously work on crafting: I've only encountered people who liked PvP and grumbled about being forced to craft, or crafters who grumble about being forced to deal with player encounters when getting their materials.

Be rather happy that this game is basicly for everyone - crafters, explorers, socializers, PKers, guild Players, Raiders etc, traders, parkourers all in a next gen gfx - this is the closest you could come to an ultimate MMO at this point

And the fact that they are building it on their own engine means massive room for overhauling updates with the possibility to add basicly anything they want

Yup, I wouldn't construe my comments in the negative as much as cautiously optimistic.  There have been a lot of MMOs trying to cover every base when they really just want to cover one or two bases.  It's part of the reason so many MMOs feel like they are copies of each other despite having unique features built into them.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    not happy with the new housing changes... dont know how this will impact the liveliness of the city its self.  A player in thier apartment could be seen from the street. idk i thought it brought some needed realistic touches to the MMO world.

Originally posted by xAPOCx
    not happy with the new housing changes... dont know how this will impact the liveliness of the city its self.  A player in thier apartment could be seen from the street. idk i thought it brought some needed realistic touches to the MMO world.

I guess I haven't been following enough to really see what changes happened with the housing.  So they made it instanced when it originally was more of an open and integrated style of accommodation? 

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Really starting to question if ArcheAge is even worth messing with at this time, especially with the absurd $150 entry fee atm as this game is looking as though it is going to make ArcheAge obsolete kinda quickly and especially after seeing these videos:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/21/black-deserts-open-pvp-detailed/

I wouldn't even be considering looking at something else as I was waiting for ArcheAge, but their recent money grab attempt has made me skeptical and I think I understand why now. Think i'll just stick with GW2 till this or something else adequate releases. 

Looks nice, sorry to hear about the housing though it seems they may rethink that. Seems the genre is really moving forward fast lately.

Originally posted by Braindome

Really starting to question if ArcheAge is even worth messing with at this time, especially with the absurd $150 entry fee atm as this game is looking as though it is going to make ArcheAge obsolete kinda quickly and especially after seeing these videos:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/21/black-deserts-open-pvp-detailed/

I wouldn't even be considering looking at something else as I was waiting for ArcheAge, but their recent money grab attempt has made me skeptical and I think I understand why now. Think i'll just stick with GW2 till this or something else adequate releases. 

Looks nice, sorry to hear about the housing though it seems they may rethink that. Seems the genre is really moving forward fast lately.

The one thing ArcheAge has going for it is the sandbox elements.  However, after reading into it the sandbox elements aren't nearly as grand as most people are making them out to be.  At least this game is somewhat up front about what it is.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Definitely looks pretty fantastic.  I agree that GW2 set the new standard for what cities in MMOs could be, and this seems to exceed those in scope.  

The character animations with how she interacted with the environment were also A+ for an MMO.  Looked like a single player game.  Contrast that wtih another new game like ArcheAge, which has animations that feel like they're out of 2006's LoTRO.   

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Truly stunning graphics, if Cryengine fit an MMO! Texture pops/view distance suffers from it but my biggest gripe is how clunky the game seems to play. 
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

Truly breathtaking, this is the kind of city I imagine when I hear medieval fantasy.

Now if only they could fix the pop-in and the minor hit detection issues this game will be perfect from an outside perspective, we still have to get in game to actually judge if everything is as amazing as it seems.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Who is going to be the North American publisher if and when this game is released in NA?
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

I guess I haven't been following enough to really see what changes happened with the housing.  So they made it instanced when it originally was more of an open and integrated style of accommodation? 

That sucks I know they said they would listen to their fans but really wish they would have just kept strong in regards to housing. It truly made the game more realistic and would have been so cool to just walk through a city and see other players in their own homes.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I love ESO but this game seem more like Elder Scrolls than ESO does lol.
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    I love ESO but this game seem more like Elder Scrolls than ESO does lol.

Not sure what you mean by this.  Elder Scrolls is pretty far apart from Black Desert in style and presentation.  I don't think Elder Scrolls has massive "King of the Hill" style matches for castles and a competitive housing ownership market. 

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Ok, I am not gonna lie...that video rocked my brain ....