Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are quitting what changes would need to be made for you to come back ?

13»

Comments

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Allow alot more than 5 skills to choose from , and change the controls of the combat a little , I find the combat quite awkward and unresponsive.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by summitus
    Allow alot more than 5 skills to choose from , and change the controls of the combat a little , I find the combat quite awkward and unresponsive.

I agree here.

I cancelled sub, after realizing that I did not even log to ESO for more than a week. I just do not have desire to play it. Mostly because I hate combat. I like questing and I like the environment, but combat killed it for me.

Reinstalled TSW and I have to say that I prefer combat there much more. Questing is even better that ESO  and game is B2P.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

There is nothing they could do at this point. They are incapable of supporting their own product.

I spent weeks trying to get an issue resolved with support. It was escalated, passed around, had automated responses nothing to do with my issue at all, they couldnt even be bothered to read the ticket properly. The worst part is it wasnt even that big an issue, and if they couldnt do anything all they had to do was say so and that would have been fine.

Ive never had a worse support experience and it showed me that had it been a more serious issue, which it could have been, they would not be able to correct it. They do not deserve my time or my money.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by DMKano

Zenimax would need to grow up and get some experience running a major online game first.

From the gameplay perspective - I'd like to see 1-VR10 content changed to support leveling via crafting/exploring/dungeons runs/PvP and NOT ONLY QUESTING.

I'd like to see some smaller scale PvP options for 4v4 and 8v8

Since it's Zenimax first game they most likely know they need to grow more. Kinda the reason why I am pretty forgiven towards some of the issue's they have, where many A title MMO/MMORPG still have similar issue's even years from release. But many seem to ignore that.

And the smaller scalel PVP optiona is something we constant hear complaints about in other games, so not sure why people suddenly want smaller PVP options when we finaly get some reall lands to cross over to PVP.

On Topic, not quitting, still enjoying the game.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I did not buy this game. I came very close, but I held off, having been burned one too many times by MMO launches. I'd been sitting on the fence, mostly waiting to see how they handled 1st 30 days.  Needless to say, I still haven't bought the game. Putting the state of completion aside when it launched and assuming we are looking at this game a short time from now and assuming they've worked out all the technical issues. What I'd want to see from this title probably won't happen.

As has been said before, The game itself looks decent enough. But I have plenty of "decent enough" MMOs to play now. I don't need another one.

I think Angy Joe hit the nail on the head in his review. THis is an Elder Scrolls title. He said, one of the things players said about Skyrim is that it would be great if you could play that game online with your friends.

I'm not suggesting the game be remade into Skyrim Online. But still, As an ES title, and in order to set itself apart from a hundred other choices, The game should have gone after what makes an ES title, and ES title as it's heart and soul. And that just didn't happen. Instead it's a game where it's single player aspect is in full contention with it's MMO aspect and the two are not blended well.

But yeah, I go back to Skyrim and think...."Why can't we have an MMORPG that has a similar heart and soul?"

• jonas555jonas555 Member Posts: 19

well I took a 3 month sub however I don't think I will last that long in this game. There are too many game breaking things that they cant seem to fix.

1. mini dungeons where every mini boss is camped by bots although they promised a fix for this. This is the most game breaking for me.

2. 4 times today try running up stairs to fighters guild only to run into stairs and having to do slash stuck and die costing gold repairs and time. And this happens every session I have played since start.

3. general quest bugs although quests are interesting if able to finish without logging out.

4. Npcs taking minutes  to load almost everywhere.

I have loved all the elder scrolls games however this one with all its problems should have never went live with all this stuff and the numerous downtimes have,nt fixed anything as far as I can see. Maybe at some point they will get in right however I will pay a sub for this game after the 3 month period is up.

• mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    For me seeing all these people running around is immersion breaking.  I loved Skyrim.  If they release a single player ESO I will buy it.  If they turn it into SWG/UO/sandbox  type game with total freedom I will go for it. The likely hood of that is 0.01% at this point.
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Originally posted by mmoesports
    For me seeing all these people running around is immersion breaking.  I loved Skyrim.  If they release a single player ESO I will buy it.  If they turn it into SWG/UO/sandbox  type game with total freedom I will go for it. The likely hood of that is 0.01% at this point.

I don't even know how to respond to this.  Lets try.

Why the hell would you buy an MMO then be displeased with people running around?

Skyrim is basically a "single person ESO".

I don't think you even know what the hell you want.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

I love the game and am still playing, but I would have to agree with those who mentioned open world Tamriel-wide PvP. Not only would it add a sense of danger to the game, support multiple styles and tactics, add true meaning and passion for the faction you're a part of, but the Elder Scrolls lore highly supports a global struggle.

I believe it would add the sandbox feature that it very much needs. It would bring the world alive, especially if the NPCs got involved in the struggle (dialogue, reaction, adaptation) when an opposing faction attacks a major city or small villiage. Don't make it all about castles and keeps, make it about city/village/dungeon conquest as well. The story and game itself is good, but imagine how much more life the world would have if it adapted to global struggle - Total and complete replayability and faction pride.

Isaiah 41:10
  • HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148
    just fix the nightblade class.
  • asdfbbqasdfbbq Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Never look back. No chance ever again. The experience is ruined from day one. I will not lie to myself and try to look at the game in a different way. The core functionality in this game is a mess.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    If they add open world pvp I am out.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I'm certainly not leaving as I'm only level 10 lol. I keep trying different builds as I'm a bit of a toon-whore. That being said, the instancing with friends is the only thing that has bothered me and some buds. That is something that could certainty be fixed. Given that this is month 1, we're gonna hope it gets some attention. Other then that, we're pretty happy.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by asdfbbq
    Never look back. No chance ever again. The experience is ruined from day one. I will not lie to myself and try to look at the game in a different way. The core functionality in this game is a mess.

When you say core functionality, what specifics didn't you like? 

I'm having to stop because of the lag (uk) at the moment, so not a great fan of the server set up. To me there are specific aspects of the game that could be improved - phasing for one, public dungeons ruining immersion. 

Not a great fan of the enforced solo quests, I'd suggest making these with optional grouping. For those who say solo quests are fine - np, go ahead and solo them and have a good time. For those who want to stay with their party/guild mates through these - let them. There's a difference between open world dungeons/imstances and grouped ones.

Let the players decide how they want to do these story quests, an enforced isolation in an mmo? Make it optional grouping, keeps all happy.

So, back to your post asdfbbq - any of the things I mentioned or some others? Did you find any features you liked in the game?

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    I'll answer with this disclaimer: I didn't go into ESO with any intention on playing it beyond the first month. However, what this did mean is that the game had every opportunity to change my mind, and it did not. It delivered exactly what I expected and nothing about the game grabbed me and hooked me in. It's okay, but that's just not enough to keep me playing when there are so many other good games out there.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

PVP XP

Don't really care about anything in the game but the pvp.  And I enjoy the PVP a lot.

Just not gonna grind out quests for 200235+ hours to do it.

edit:  They probably will eventually fix the xp issue though.  When they do i'll resub no doubt as long as it happens before something else comes along I like more.

Patch notes say the are doubling XP per kill and buffing the kill 20 quest. Idk if it will be enough. It does seem like they are hearing us.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Are you contradicting yourself here .. would there not be people running around all over the place too if it was like SWG/UO ?

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by summitus

Are you contradicting yourself here .. would there not be people running around all over the place too if it was like SWG/UO ?

I wonder if the means in public/quest dungeons when your doing a quest and you all have the same npc following you around . That sort of reminded me of SWTOR with its companions .  I find that immersion breaking . They should be invisable to all but the person/group who are doing the quest in my opinion . 

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by bcbully

PVP XP

Don't really care about anything in the game but the pvp.  And I enjoy the PVP a lot.

Patch notes say the are doubling XP per kill and buffing the kill 20 quest. Idk if it will be enough. It does seem like they are hearing us.

I'll be paying attention to it for sure!

If the end result is just that I get twice as much XP overall as before though I can say it won't be anywhere near enough for me to consider it a viable way to get XP.

But its possible there is more to their PTS changes than it appears.  I wish I knew someone on the PTS who could say.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    All content opened to team play, fix the phasing when teamed. Also not a fan of the AoE change, AvA should support small groups and force large groups not to rely on their numbers. 
  • BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by bcbully

PVP XP

I'll be paying attention to it for sure!

If the end result is just that I get twice as much XP overall as before though I can say it won't be anywhere near enough for me to consider it a viable way to get XP.

But its possible there is more to their PTS changes than it appears.  I wish I knew someone on the PTS who could say.

Off-topic but your display photo rules. Damn, I love that movie

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.