Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large City tour HD - amazing

PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Ok this is hands down the best looking city since GW2 cities

If I am about to make comparisons it will be with Assasins Creed (especialy since you can somehow parkour like in assassins creed)

Its living buzzing and breathtaking

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G6EXTBrwUY

Note: As I am living in an old city from gothic ages (Prague, Kutna Hora ..) I am truly surprised how they manage to capture the vibe of a medieval city, the croocked streets, design etc - it ll just feels so right somehow, kudos how a Korean team pulled this off so nicely

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Comments

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Watched it earlier today and amazing sums it up perfectly.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Simply gorgeous and so much is interactable like opening doors and going in not painted doors that you cannot open .The place where she climbed up all the way to the top like assassin's creed. Very cool very very lovely. Sigh I am not PvP orientated  but the game is really stupendous .

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I don't mind the low quality view distance, but the texture pops are quite ugly.  That's how they fit so much detail in small areas.  Everything loads as you move.  I played another game like this called Firefall, and they constantly had issues with it.  I haven't played it in quite a while though, so I'm not sure if they managed to fix those problems.

Figures, another brilliant looking MMO.. that unfortunately, is asian.  They truly push the envelope.  I wish some western studios started to trend in the same direction.  The old stale cartoon engines that we use are so boring.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Originally posted by DAS1337

I don't mind the low quality view distance, but the texture pops are quite ugly.  That's how they fit so much detail in small areas.  Everything loads as you move.  I played another game like this called Firefall, and they constantly had issues with it.  I haven't played it in quite a while though, so I'm not sure if they managed to fix those problems.

Figures, another brilliant looking MMO.. that unfortunately, is asian.  They truly push the envelope.  I wish some western studios started to trend in the same direction.  The old stale cartoon engines that we use are so boring.

As they build the engine themselves, its very possible the popping issues will be solved soon

About publishing, the game seems to be first published in Russia - may 14 they announce the publisher

Pearl Abyss stated (I asked them on fb, they answer questions in matter of minutes) they are already choosing EU publisher, the game might be closer to release in EU than most people seem to expect

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Call me impressed. Though I'm a little bit tired of the Asian art style used in games like BD, I'm loving the fact that these kind of open spaces can be implemented within a MMO... well done Pearl Abyss.
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    HOPE !!!!!!
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

On 4 minutes now and I gotta say that de city indeed does look incredible! I'm only wondering how 'static' the NPCs are. Will that juggler still be there when the night falls and play through till next morning and infinity? Same for the soldiers on the bridge, will they just stand there being pretty or actually DO something as well?

It also occurred to me that the main character (your character) isn't really as beautifully made as the rest. Of her clothes only the bottom part respond to her movement, and not even pretty (lack of physics) and her hood is totally not responding to her movements. Not to mention, her hair is coming through her hood as well. That while her animations have had so much love to make...

• i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314
    The soundtrack really made it for me...
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Killer graphics. The ladder climb animation got off as the character climbed, but wow nice graphics. LOTRO badly needs an overhaul to graphics and combat that games like this have.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Impressive, very impressive. It actually looks like they got inspired by real-life medievalish towns. I swear I've seen some of those sights before in places like Rhodos / Cephalu etc. in southern Europe.

The way the character moved around was also amazing.

Hopefully they allow you to tone down the movie grain and the depth of field a bit though, I don't like that.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by Reizla

On 4 minutes now and I gotta say that de city indeed does look incredible! I'm only wondering how 'static' the NPCs are. Will that juggler still be there when the night falls and play through till next morning and infinity? Same for the soldiers on the bridge, will they just stand there being pretty or actually DO something as well?

NPC's have a day&night-cycle so streets will be far less crowded during the night.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    I'm not very much into PvP, but if they make the game compelling enough I might just give it a spin after seeing the city.  That's probably the most interaction I've seen with objects in a gaming environment in a long time.  I agree that we probably need to see what they did with the AI to make the environment more alive.  Right now MMORPG npc AI is practically non-existent.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Texture popups have been a real issue with this game in every video i've seen.

I'm also curious to see how well it actually runs when you have tens or hundreds of people in the same area.

You make me like charity

• GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95
    It looks fantastic but I seriously hope the texture/object pop-up doesn't make it into live. That ruined Tera for me and they couldn't fix it because of the engine...I don't understand how devs think this is just something they can gloss over. It doesn't matter how good your game looks if you can only see textures and shadows and objects like 3 feet in front of your face...
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Love it <3  Can't wait
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Simply gorgeous and so much is interactable like opening doors and going in not painted doors that you cannot open .The place where she climbed up all the way to the top like assassin's creed. Very cool very very lovely. Sigh I am not PvP orientated  but the game is really stupendous .

Don't fall into the trap thinking this game is a PVP first mmo it's not, the game has as much PVE as it does PVP. 

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by avalon1000
    Killer graphics. The ladder climb animation got off as the character climbed, but wow nice graphics. LOTRO badly needs an overhaul to graphics and combat that games like this have.

The bit I liked about the ladder climb was that they had to stop due to the white bar dropping to zero. That was great as we nearly always have that happen when you climb any ladder whether its because we scared of heights or just lifting our body weight. There were lots of things many could of complained about but its good to see folks look at the positives of this beta.

Ive been tracking this for some time now and its already out in Russia or beta is I think.

http://blackdesert.ru/ was looking at this link.

Hope a western publisher takes this on board without ruining it.

Asbo

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    Originally posted by avalon1000

The bit I liked about the ladder climb was that they had to stop due to the white bar dropping to zero. That was great as we nearly always have that happen when you climb any ladder whether its because we scared of heights or just lifting our body weight. There were lots of things many could of complained about but its good to see folks look at the positives of this beta.

Ive been tracking this for some time now and its already out in Russia or beta is I think.

http://blackdesert.ru/ was looking at this link.

Hope a western publisher takes this on board without ruining it.

The game looks fantastic. Streets are alive, NPCs look like people not like dummies waiting for a player to interact with them. Architecture and design is straight out of medieval Europe. We still have towns and castles like this here.

----

If the western publishers ruin this game I will just pack my things and move to Muan or Gwangju.

----

Russian publisher has picked it up. They are very fast because they know there is a huge market for games in russia right now. We might be able to play it with VPN.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Game looks amazing indeed. A game with an open seemless world can look great if the developers put in the work to make it look great.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    What a city packed with life. It has day and night cycles too .  Truly beautiful game. I want to play it hopefully the PvP will not be too intrusive.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

The game looks like a great adventure everywhere you look.

SIgh doubt my current pc specs will handle it (Tough I'm planning to upgrade hehe)

Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by Colt47
    I'm not very much into PvP, but if they make the game compelling enough I might just give it a spin after seeing the city.  That's probably the most interaction I've seen with objects in a gaming environment in a long time.  I agree that we probably need to see what they did with the AI to make the environment more alive.  Right now MMORPG npc AI is practically non-existent.

Not exactly, just players are too fast for the mobs, because of latest changes in fighting system, but it is a CBT, so many things will change till the release. The game, as initial idea was PvP oriented, but who knows what will be at the end. For sure will be very bad if it changes to PvE game - AI will never be as smart as people, so to fight vs other players is always more challenging and entertaining.

Originally posted by asmkm22
    Texture popups have been a real issue with this game in every video i've seen.
    I'm also curious to see how well it actually runs when you have tens or hundreds of people in the same area.

The dev has a huge progress with decreasing of texture popping from CBT1, so I suppose the problem will find a solution till the release of the game. Optimization is much better too, no matter it is only CBT2. In first beta there was lag in sieges and towns. The first siege in CBT2 will be next week, but even now there is no lag in towns. Anyway, the performance depends not only from the game, but from network latency, servers and etc.

They can make PvE AI that can be on par with human players.  The issue is more so how to get the resources to run a complex decision structure on such a massive scale and how to make it so that it doesn't annihilate every single player that goes up against it (God mode AI in Unreal Tournament... ah the memories of being head shot sniped in Morpheus repeatedly).   

The other detail they need to overcome is to find a way so that the RPG mechanics are not just a tutorial to how to play the game.  MOBA's are basically PvP MMORPGs with the leveling system stripped out so players can get to the good part right away, though they typically end up turning into exercises of repetition due to the chess like memorization of battle strategy.

Huh, after thinking about it since the castles are all static, they probably will have chess like take over strategies as well, meaning the entire siege system is going to result in a castle take over system that will run like Planet Side 2 continent battles.  So... Black Desert is going to be a parkour, monster madness, Action RPG MMO with static take over objectives and npc courtship.  =o

Huh, after thinking about it since the castles are all static, they probably will have chess like take over strategies as well, meaning the entire siege system is going to result in a castle take over system that will run like Planet Side 2 continent battles.  So... Black Desert is going to be a parkour, monster madness, Action RPG MMO with static take over objectives and npc courtship.  =o

And one of the most complex crafting ever made

Seriously check the guides in this page http://black-desert.com/guides/ to see the depth

Originally posted by Pigozz

Seriously check the guides in this page http://black-desert.com/guides/ to see the depth

Not sure if that is going to be to the games benefit or not given what they are aiming for.  It's kind of like announcing a race car has a cotton candy machine built in with a back seat for someone to run it.  Sure, it sounds like a unique feature to have in a race car, but does the guy in the back seat have any interest in racing?  Not to mention imagine all of the complaints the guy in the back is going to give while the car is veering around turns and he is trying to make the perfect ball of fluff.

In all my time playing MMOs, I've never once met someone who both loved PvP action and liked to sit down and meticulously work on crafting: I've only encountered people who liked PvP and grumbled about being forced to craft, or crafters who grumble about being forced to deal with player encounters when getting their materials.

Originally posted by Pigozz

Not sure if that is going to be to the games benefit or not given what they are aiming for.  It's kind of like announcing a race car has a cotton candy machine built in with a back seat for someone to run it.  Sure, it sounds like a unique feature to have in a race car, but does the guy in the back seat have any interest in racing?  Not to mention imagine all of the complaints the guy in the back is going to give while the car is veering around turns and he is trying to make the perfect ball of fluff.

In all my time playing MMOs, I've never once met someone who both loved PvP action and liked to sit down and meticulously work on crafting: I've only encountered people who liked PvP and grumbled about being forced to craft, or crafters who grumble about being forced to deal with player encounters when getting their materials.

Be rather happy that this game is basicly for everyone - crafters, explorers, socializers, PKers, guild Players, Raiders etc, traders, parkourers all in a next gen gfx - this is the closest you could come to an ultimate MMO at this point

And the fact that they are building it on their own engine means massive room for overhauling updates with the possibility to add basicly anything they want