Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this game different from Aion?

ShephardShephard Member Posts: 69
Except for Trade Routes and fluff activities like riding around in a ship, how is this game any different than Aion?  I recently played the RU version of it and felt like I was playing Aion with some sandbox elements.  Why should people spend money when they can play a game like Aion for free?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

ArcheAge will be free to play.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    oh i get it now, last thread failed so you make a new one with a new twist to bash the game. brilliant. you keep on keepin on man.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    even if it was a aion copy, with is not, it would be better then ESO
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

In aion I loved to drive on the water with my boat and play a bit the bad pirate.

ooops forgot aion never had such things

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Toxia
    oh i get it now, last thread failed so you make a new one with a new twist to bash the game. brilliant. you keep on keepin on man.

This^

• ShephardShephard Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Vapors

In aion I loved to drive on the water with my boat and play a bit the bad pirate.

You didn't read my original post have you?  So far I haven't seen one valid response in how it is different than Aion except two minor things.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Shephard
    Originally posted by Vapors

You didn't read my original post have you?  So far I haven't seen one valid response in how it is different than Aion except two minor things.

I think you still don't get, no one cares what you want :), if you can't see the diference, no one can tell you.

jsut take care when you go out, you can mistake a male for a female or a dog for a cat

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

The biggest difference is I could not stand Aion, I can't even begin to explain why, I never got high enough in levels to know.  I paid for the game, had friends play and just could not stand playing.   

When I play AA I like it, even in Russian I was having a blast.

In a nutshell that is all that matters to me if I enjoy playing or do not.

I would say if you do not think you will like Archeage wait till it is 100 percent free for you to play and give it a try.  It has so much content.   But why bash people that are making it possible for you to have a FREE try at it.  Someone has to pay for the FREE trail for people who do not pay.  Instead say thanks Binafus for tossing 300 bucks at AA so there will be incentives for Trion/XLGames to get on the ball and release this game for NA.   But instead people say I'm ruining games in general.  I just do not get it.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

Aion has open world housing with guild base building?  Because that's the reason ill be playing AA.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Honestly the OP may have a valid argument.  I have heard the same thing now from more than a few people, and these are people I have gamed with for awhile and trust.  That being said, while I won't pay anything to play this game, I will reserve my own judgment until after I have played the game myself.
  • anrenruianrenrui Member UncommonPosts: 21

It's really not that different, it's just aion 3.0 after aion 2.0 (Tera). The only real difference is the third continent. This is a 75% themepark 25% sandbox game that revolves around grinding primarily with nothing but zerg fighting in endgame pvp. It has nothing unique or iconic about it. 

That being said, it's still fun for a lot of people and that's good for them. Personally I want a full loot pvp game that does not feel like everything else while being as fluid and polished as some of the better titles out.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by anrenrui

It's really not that different, it's just aion 3.0 after aion 2.0 (Tera). The only real difference is the third continent. This is a 75% themepark 25% sandbox game that revolves around grinding primarily with nothing but zerg fighting in endgame pvp. It has nothing unique or iconic about it. 

That being said, it's still fun for a lot of people and that's good for them. Personally I want a full loot pvp game that does not feel like everything else while being as fluid and polished as some of the better titles out.

The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club.

• AceMasterAceMaster Member UncommonPosts: 35

It's actually quite different. I only played a few hours on the RU servers, and i must say i enjoyed Aion more.

Endgame content, i assume ArcheAge will be better because of the sandbox and such. But i don't realy like the combat. I watched some pvp videos, and Aion pvp seems more intense and fun. (well Aion has good pvp compared with many games including action games.....if it weren't for the lag....)

I'm disapointed of the famous skill system of ArcheAge. You get to choose 3 professions(or whatever they are called) and that will define your class. It's similar to wow old talent system,but you get to choose your trees. I don't feel that there is that much choice. I wouldn't be suprised that endgame everyone will run the same 2-3 builds. You can experiment builds here:

http://archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn

Posibilities are endless, but this only reminds me of The Secret World. Where they are over 500 skills you can learn from which less that 100 are actualy used and they are like 10 animations for all skills.

Will it be a success? If it comes out this year, yes.

Is it like Aion? No, it's more like a cross between Aion and Dragon Prophet feel and combat as bad as the Secret World. Hope that at least will have at least as much clothing choices as Aion.

Can't say anything about endgame crafting but it sounds like everyone will have a purpose. Even if that is cannon fodder.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Aion and the Secret World and i will give it a second chance when it comes out ( a few hours isn't enough for a good opinion)

But I don't think it's better than Wildstar, ESO and other mmo which are coming in the next year/years like Black Desert, Bless, Icarus.( I think all of them are 2014 games which are either recently released or will be released this year, unfortunly some won't be for western market....yet)

Well, like any other game you will love it or hate it. just try it when it comes out.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

So much fanboyism... can't folks just look at a game objectively.

"It's not ESO, so this game fail." 

"It's not Aion, so this game sucks."

"It's not wildstar, so this game is garbage." 

Good grief, your favorites games are all the prettiest. Give it a rest. If the game isn't your cup of tea, then simply move on. ESO got boring for me so what do you know? I moved on. Aion eventually got old, so I moved on. Wildstar has no features that interest me, so I've moved on. I'm trying out ArcheAge, and if I'm not feeling, then guess what? I'll move on. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I was hoping for some info from OP on how this game is the same as Aion.

Gotta say I am disappointed.

I could just as easily make a thread in the GW2 forum asking how it is different from Aion.  Without a clear outline on why i'm even asking that question though its not very useful.

This discussion has been closed.