Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU Server a problem

The EU server is a problem. Most mmorpgs have French, English and German servers but ESO just takes them all in one big server. It's not easy to play with french or germans, or spanish, or even russians. They need to make instances for the language you chosed for the game.

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by DiggotsILaggots
    The EU server is a problem. Most mmorpgs have French, English and German servers but ESO just takes them all in one big server. It's not easy to play with french or germans, or spanish, or even russians. They need to make instances for the language you chosed for the game.

there is /zone_de /zone_fr /zone_en and so on

• EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152

there are seperate channels for german, french and english if you want to seperate yourself.

But Europe is multilingual, deal with it.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

The game client supports English German and French, but i guess you still need to be able to talk to the rest of the people around you, so by default your probably going to need to have a reasonable grasp of English anyway.  With how the game works i don't think its going to be possible to 'seperate' the 3 different languages supported, though they could probably do it to a degree with the campaign mode (cyrodiil) though whether that would be worth doing is debatable. If its that much of an issue, just join the relevant Guilds, some of them are bound to be language based, though your going to be overly restricting yourself if you only join Guilds in that way.image

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633

Actually SOME mmos do, others lump them together. After all arent Europeans just one big bankrupt family now?

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire

Actually SOME mmos do, others lump them together. After all arent Europeans just one big bankrupt family now?

Why don't you google how much debt US has and come back. Yes, some countries are doing bad. I'm not too informed on the topic but I would bet US has more debt than the "bankrupt" EU countries combined. 

IMO France and Germany should start learning better English. But what can you expect when every Hollywood movie is dubbed into German.

I would love a more in depth view on Europe by you'r view. I certainly have my own prejudice towards many of the eastern European countries. Probably due to lack of knowledge about them. Media always reports on the negative things and makes you think they are all rotten and corrupt.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I think generally there is a larger player base on the EU side who speak Russian etc so if like me you can only speak English, your screwed as mmo's such as swtor they get servers taken over and made into x language (unofficial ofc) on a mega server .. well, you can imagine how it goes on that.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,953

There are separate chat channels for foreigners. Tick the chat box options at your peril and you may hear someone not speaking the Queens English. :)

Seriously, the language selections also put players in different phases, I am not sure if something like Guild or Friend would override that mind you.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Scot

There are separate chat channels for foreigners. Tick the chat box options at your peril and you may hear someone not speaking the Queens English. :)

Seriously, the language selections also put players in different phases, I am not sure if something like Guild or Friend would override that mind you.

foreigners? tsk.

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139

Try playing Rift. If you don't speak Russian, forget it.

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    Originally posted by Enrif

there are seperate channels for german, french and english if you want to seperate yourself.

But Europe is multilingual, deal with it.

What a helpful and sensible suggestion.